Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 13, 2024, 12:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paul Ryan Criticized over "Thoughts and Prayers" Comment
RE: Paul Ryan Criticized over "Thoughts and Prayers" Comment
Because that worked out so well when we passed the 18th Amendment... the only constitutional amendment that had to be voided by the another amendment because Prohibition went horribly.

Alcohol exists to give a high to the person consuming it. A malum prohibitum, but certainly not generally considered a malum in se. It makes a lot of things far more dangerous than they need to be, but you don't have to do them; even beer commercials tend to warn people to "enjoy responsibly."

Meanwhile, firearms exist for the sole purpose of shooting, specifically, to shoot small bits of metal into things in the hopes that they'll stop being alive. Even if they tend to be designed for the types of killing that are government sanctioned (hunting, war), the fact remains that they were created for the express purpose of ending lives. I honestly can't believe I have to explain this.

Will a big blanket gun restriction law of the type you fear stop all mass shootings in the future? No. Are there ways we can use gun control laws to at least make it harder for the people who want to use them for evil purposes to get them? It certainly seems likely.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paul Ryan Criticized over "Thoughts and Prayers" Comment - by Rev. Rye - November 8, 2017 at 4:59 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Irish government to apologise over mother-and-baby homes zebo-the-fat 6 485 January 12, 2021 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Paul Krassner Dies! chimp3 1 267 July 22, 2019 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Paul Ryan Really Did Have Brass Balls. Minimalist 0 228 December 1, 2018 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Rand Paul: The Postman Awlays Betrays Twice Minimalist 2 296 August 8, 2018 at 6:58 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Fucking Paul Ryan - No Balls Minimalist 7 975 May 4, 2018 at 9:10 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Any thoughts on SE Cupp's take on Hillary and Melania? brewer 8 1009 March 28, 2018 at 3:54 pm
  Dust Off Those Thoughts and Prayers... Minimalist 5 961 January 23, 2018 at 6:47 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  A Little Gift From Paul Ryan Minimalist 8 1054 November 18, 2017 at 9:01 am
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  I'm Sick of this Thoughts And Prayers, Horseshit Minimalist 63 10762 October 5, 2017 at 11:21 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Sarah's comment on "Mucchi"....... Brian37 1 360 August 2, 2017 at 10:06 am