Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 16, 2024, 10:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Jesus would rather kill, not marry, gay people" - Franklin Graham
RE: "Jesus would rather kill, not marry, gay people" - Franklin Graham
(July 15, 2018 at 8:42 am)Tizheruk Wrote:
Quote:Actually if you bothered reading the story you'd find they were a city full of rapists...
Everyone in the whole city was a rapist? everyone ? and even if were the case once again how does that justify killing them all? Are you arguing we should murder rapists.And if gods so against rape why did spare lot when he offered his daughters to be raped by the mob? or killed lots daughters when they raped their own father ?

That's the funny thing about OT god. If few hundred, or thousand, or million, that don't deserve to die get caught up in his rage-fests it's ok, you don't question. Kind of like Netanyahu and his bomb fests. In fact, maybe that's where he got the idea.

(July 15, 2018 at 8:58 am)Mr.wizard Wrote:
(July 15, 2018 at 8:42 am)Tizheruk Wrote: Everyone in the whole city was a rapist? everyone ? and even if were the case once again how does that justify killing them all? Are you arguing we should murder rapists.And if gods so against rape why did spare lot when he offered his daughters to be raped by the mob? or killed lots daughters when they raped their own father ?

Better question, if god hates rape so much why not just stop people from raping? If I was in a position to stop a rape and decided to let the rape happen and then kill the person afterwards people would think of me as a monster. So why is it when god does it, the action suddenly becomes acceptable?

No no, you see god can't stop the rape, like secular law tries to do, because he would be much better at it. Everyone knows absolutely no rape would be a violation of free will...the same way secular law is, uh and that's obviously way too little rape.

He can't put prohibitions against rape in his sets of rules, because you know, you want people to have to interpret these things. Considering in OT law rape could net you a new wife, maybe NT God wanted there to still be just a little bit, you know, just the right amount.

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Jesus would rather kill, not marry, gay people" - Franklin Graham - by The Industrial Atheist - July 15, 2018 at 9:27 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It Must Kill These Baptist Shitballs. Minimalist 49 9119 April 17, 2018 at 5:53 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Atheists, Who would You Rather Have as a Neighbor Rhondazvous 56 7500 November 18, 2017 at 6:11 am
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  Theists, Who would You Rather Have as a Neighbor Rhondazvous 23 7833 November 10, 2017 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  If Jesus is not true Sonah 41 9110 October 9, 2017 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  My dad wants me to marry another christian Der/die AtheistIn 40 8319 September 23, 2017 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: mordant
  Why Jesus is not the messiah. Creed of Heresy 59 14212 December 30, 2016 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: Egyptian
  Christians - even the Bible says that Jesus was not God so why do you say he was ? jenny1972 299 45313 November 3, 2015 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: jenny1972
Question "Thou shall not kill" commandment is hypocritical? pocaracas 92 18089 August 26, 2015 at 10:43 am
Last Post: Mr Greene
  Would this be all we need to prove God exists? Or would it require more than this? IanHulett 30 5677 January 21, 2015 at 1:47 pm
Last Post: watchamadoodle
  being told to kill myself by someone who supposedly believe in God mainethinker 266 41699 January 18, 2015 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Mental Outlaw