Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 4, 2024, 11:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Funny Thing Happened on the way to the forum....
RE: A Funny Thing Happened on the way to the forum....
It may not be possible for there to be a peace and understanding when religious extremists leverage their influence to exert unrepresentative control of government over manufactured controversies...and even if it were, why wouldn't anyone want that? They've made their ask, they've set their price for that peace and understanding, but why should anyone pay it?

Perhaps you should be pissed at your brothers in faith for doing this, not at anti-religious folks pointing out how fucked up it is or how inextricably linked to their religion?

Your massive caveat in defense of what I can only assume you intend for us to take as the good and polite and decent christians you know was only that they wouldn't have supported it -if- it was just the issue...if......but, apparently, whatever other motivator they have is worth it to them, to trade this for that.  I want food and water to be officially deemed a basic human right in our constitution.  I'm not willing to put up with fucking concentration camps to get it, lol.  I'm not going to trade in ridiculous lies and conspiracy theories in order to drum up support for what I want.   There is nothing about this issue from the religious extremists perspective and involvement that isn't completely and utterly disgusting.

This has been the constant excuse, though, for every horrid thing any trumpist has traded for their pet projects since before the man was elected - and for every person looking to excuse those trumpists before or after the fact.  There is principle, and there is the pretext of principle as an excuse for cruelty.  You tell me, which one are we looking at here...and are you really going to go to bat for them if it's the second..or imply that there's something wrong with being frustrated by infuriating and duplicitous shit?

Your boys are rotten. That you can't accept their own assessment for why this is, or the informed recognition of that assessment from an outside party is no one else's issue but your own.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Funny Thing Happened on the way to the forum.... - by The Grand Nudger - June 20, 2019 at 10:39 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A thing I saw on a site that I want to comment on ShinyCrystals 5 366 March 21, 2024 at 1:33 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
Information The worst thing according to Iranians Eclectic 2 856 September 19, 2022 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: Eclectic
  Theocracy on the way Spongebob 94 5808 January 19, 2022 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Atheists, do you think Florence Nightingale was a way better person than that fraud Kimbu42 6 997 October 11, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Local woman says only way she has survived during COVID is faith Tomatoshadow2 41 2872 December 21, 2020 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Atheists. Does life uh... find a way? Richimorto 6 1002 July 29, 2020 at 12:44 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  A possibly new perspective on this thing that we know as God. unityconversation 157 14496 March 18, 2020 at 1:08 am
Last Post: Rahn127
  The Nice Thing About Being An Atheist JackRussell 83 27810 July 21, 2017 at 1:33 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  The only way I could believe ....... Brian37 16 3435 April 28, 2017 at 7:25 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Losing my religion was the best thing that ever happened to me. Mechaghostman2 30 5933 November 6, 2016 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus