Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 11, 2024, 8:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Even if theism is a failure, it's still superior to atheism
RE: Even if theism is a failure, it's still superior to atheism
(September 15, 2022 at 3:42 pm)R00tKiT Wrote:
(September 15, 2022 at 3:26 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Right?  I like smooth reels on stiff rods and surface action.  I like the way a big boat rolls offshore.  I like the way that quilts smell when you pull them out, the first blush of autumn, from a cedar chest.   I like simmering in a greenhouse.  I cant stop moving, I have places to be and little things to set right.

The enthusiasm is admirable, as expressed here. You're missing the point of the thread, though, it's about theoretical reasons for preferring theism over other worldviews. So, we have to try and give a cold and accurate assessment of the inner motivation that enables people to keep moving forward

I'm missing the point of the thread, it says.  Buddy, I think you're missing the point of life.

So...

I obvously don't prefer theism over other worldviews - I'm an anti-theist and vocal about it. I think that your gods and idols are just one more source of misery that puts people in the disadvantaged sets you ask us to consider...when you opine on how unworthy life is for living. I see you have reasons™...I'm noticing that they're all hot garbage. Would you call your own life not worth living if big mo told a teensy tiny fib? Is there nothing other than a gods existence you live for? If there is...wtf lead you to pose the question?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Even if theism is a failure, it's still superior to atheism - by The Grand Nudger - September 15, 2022 at 3:52 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did Jesus want to create a poli-theism religion? Eclectic 83 6496 December 18, 2022 at 7:54 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Ignosticism, Theism, or Gnostic Atheism vulcanlogician 55 4240 February 1, 2022 at 9:23 pm
Last Post: emjay
  You can be an immorale person and still promote christianity Kimba 12 1859 June 30, 2018 at 8:42 am
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  Rational Theism Foxaèr 17 5325 May 2, 2018 at 9:34 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why are believers still afraid of death? Der/die AtheistIn 49 4739 March 8, 2018 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Poverty and Theism Flavius 57 15924 April 25, 2017 at 9:56 am
Last Post: Shell B
Question Is theism more rational in a pre-scientific context? Tea Earl Grey Hot 6 1563 March 7, 2017 at 3:54 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  What is your specific level of Theism? ignoramus 26 3501 January 11, 2017 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Atheism and Theism Comparison The Joker 86 12150 November 21, 2016 at 10:52 pm
Last Post: Astreja
Question Even an atheist can say "the laws came from above", isn't it? theBorg 52 9059 October 3, 2016 at 9:02 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia