Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 6, 2024, 12:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The issue of Blasphemy in Islam
RE: The issue of Blasphemy in Islam
(October 1, 2022 at 11:12 am)Leonardo17 Wrote: 1) I think I answered that question. Since there was already a strong culture of animal sacrifice, the message might have been to maintain the tradition in a way that benefits the poorest layers of society.
An answer that further indicts such a god as a fuck up.  A shitty practice that it decides not to say a word about, because it hopes it might help do some -other- thing that it -also- doesn't do.  IDK..but if were a believer, I wouldn't be in the business of multiplying gods failures when asked about just one of them....but I do respect what a terrible position your beliefs have put you in..in this regard.   Forced to offer things like..well..like all of this...or fail a loyalty test. Oddly enough, theres a super simple answer for why god wants sacrifices in old magic book. It likes the smell of burnt flesh.

Kinda puts later abrahamists hell in perspective, eh?

Quote:2) I don’t know about paganism that well. But I know that the issue of “energy” is very important in these traditions. Not only as animal blood. In India and ancient Egypt they had rituals that would in some cases take weeks to perform. There was always this thought of “bribing the Gods” that was entirely abolished in monotheistic religions. In fact, it wasn’t so in early Paganism either. But this is the subject of another discussion.
You're in luck, I do!...but, to be completely honest, there's not actually any difference between paganism and islam in this regard.  As you flirted with above, it's just one expression of a long standing human tradition that turned out to be false by every stated metric, measure, or reason.  You think that bribing gods was done away with, but in mere reality, gods simply asked for different coins, and still do. The defining factor of any theistic god belief, pagan or abrahamic, is personal interventionism.

Quote:3) I’m not sure I understood your point on this. The “magic book” is to be seen as a “user’s manual”. Sometimes strict obedience is needed, but in most cases you have the duty “to ask yourself and God” about the reason of the guideline (whichever guideline might that be). So all of these issues are (and should be) the subject of a constant debate.
As an explainer: I know that there are some benefits in the consumption of pork meat. But in middle age Europe sheep and cattle were the preferred meat of aristocrats while pig was the preferred protein source for the peasants. Anyhow, I am reducing my consumption of meat altogether because most doctors agree on the fact that a plant-based diet with a limited amount of animal protein is the ideal way of nutrition.
A users manual that bends the truth for effect, and still gets it wrong? This is your gods work? More academically, the pig thing had nothing to do with the middle ages or europe. It came down to you from judaism somewhere in the late bronze or early iron. Just someone repeating something which was, itself, on les than solid ground. Pigs don't chew their cud and have cloven hooves. More accurately, though, their Others were pig farming city dwellers, and the people who wrote the myths big mo and co stole were rural shepherds. Culture war. There's alot of stuff like this, broadly referred to as the pastoralist influence.

Speaking of what doctors know..did god not know that when making this meat world? When making us meat eaters? When affirming sacrificial practices? Or will you be forced, here, to offer an even more ludicrous view of an imagined past to cover a ludicrous view of an imagined god?

I have too many of these to ever expect you to have a well considered answer for. The genre, though, isn't so much about gods or magic books as it is reformers. People who are dissatisfied with explanations like "cuz god likes the smell of burnt animals" and want to put forward a different conception of god, or why god does or says what god is said to do and say. I find it odd, and cross purpose, for reformers to shackle themselves to exactly those x's they wish to minimize. A quicker way to the end of all of this, is to ask whether or not there are -any- examples in the entirety of magic book (and I would choose the most assanine and manifestly false as a rule) that you think..might not have been uttered by any gods? Ultimately..because..ure, I see no reason that a god couldn;t be a know nothing fuck up, but I wonder how far down that road you'd go to maintain any, some, or all of those items....and to what end?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
The issue of Blasphemy in Islam - by Leonardo17 - September 25, 2022 at 3:09 pm
RE: The issue of Blasphemy in Islam - by The Grand Nudger - September 25, 2022 at 3:22 pm
RE: The issue of Blasphemy in Islam - by Leonardo17 - September 26, 2022 at 3:22 pm
RE: The issue of Blasphemy in Islam - by BrianSoddingBoru4 - September 25, 2022 at 4:29 pm
RE: The issue of Blasphemy in Islam - by Jehanne - September 25, 2022 at 6:49 pm
RE: The issue of Blasphemy in Islam - by The Grand Nudger - September 26, 2022 at 4:47 pm
RE: The issue of Blasphemy in Islam - by Leonardo17 - September 27, 2022 at 4:38 am
RE: The issue of Blasphemy in Islam - by The Grand Nudger - September 27, 2022 at 4:44 am
RE: The issue of Blasphemy in Islam - by Leonardo17 - September 27, 2022 at 4:25 pm
RE: The issue of Blasphemy in Islam - by Leonardo17 - September 28, 2022 at 4:52 am
RE: The issue of Blasphemy in Islam - by The Grand Nudger - September 30, 2022 at 10:49 pm
RE: The issue of Blasphemy in Islam - by Leonardo17 - October 1, 2022 at 11:12 am
RE: The issue of Blasphemy in Islam - by The Grand Nudger - October 1, 2022 at 3:47 pm
RE: The issue of Blasphemy in Islam - by Leonardo17 - October 1, 2022 at 6:21 pm
RE: The issue of Blasphemy in Islam - by The Grand Nudger - October 1, 2022 at 6:40 pm
RE: The issue of Blasphemy in Islam - by Leonardo17 - October 2, 2022 at 6:51 am
RE: The issue of Blasphemy in Islam - by The Grand Nudger - October 2, 2022 at 1:00 pm
RE: The issue of Blasphemy in Islam - by Leonardo17 - October 2, 2022 at 3:23 pm
RE: The issue of Blasphemy in Islam - by arewethereyet - October 2, 2022 at 3:27 pm
RE: The issue of Blasphemy in Islam - by The Grand Nudger - October 2, 2022 at 3:30 pm
RE: The issue of Blasphemy in Islam - by Leonardo17 - October 3, 2022 at 4:01 pm
RE: The issue of Blasphemy in Islam - by arewethereyet - October 3, 2022 at 5:50 pm
RE: The issue of Blasphemy in Islam - by Ahriman - October 3, 2022 at 10:36 pm
RE: The issue of Blasphemy in Islam - by arewethereyet - October 3, 2022 at 11:11 pm
RE: The issue of Blasphemy in Islam - by The Grand Nudger - October 3, 2022 at 10:12 pm
RE: The issue of Blasphemy in Islam - by The Grand Nudger - October 3, 2022 at 10:39 pm
RE: The issue of Blasphemy in Islam - by Foxaèr - October 3, 2022 at 11:13 pm
RE: The issue of Blasphemy in Islam - by arewethereyet - October 3, 2022 at 11:32 pm
RE: The issue of Blasphemy in Islam - by The Grand Nudger - October 3, 2022 at 11:16 pm
RE: The issue of Blasphemy in Islam - by The Grand Nudger - October 3, 2022 at 11:36 pm
RE: The issue of Blasphemy in Islam - by Leonardo17 - October 5, 2022 at 8:44 am
RE: The issue of Blasphemy in Islam - by The Grand Nudger - October 5, 2022 at 11:00 am
RE: The issue of Blasphemy in Islam - by Leonardo17 - October 6, 2022 at 8:46 am
RE: The issue of Blasphemy in Islam - by Ranjr - October 7, 2022 at 1:08 am
RE: The issue of Blasphemy in Islam - by The Grand Nudger - October 6, 2022 at 10:39 am
RE: The issue of Blasphemy in Islam - by Leonardo17 - October 6, 2022 at 3:24 pm
RE: The issue of Blasphemy in Islam - by arewethereyet - October 6, 2022 at 6:57 pm
RE: The issue of Blasphemy in Islam - by The Grand Nudger - October 6, 2022 at 3:35 pm
RE: The issue of Blasphemy in Islam - by Leonardo17 - October 7, 2022 at 4:26 pm
RE: The issue of Blasphemy in Islam - by The Grand Nudger - October 7, 2022 at 4:28 pm
RE: The issue of Blasphemy in Islam - by Leonardo17 - October 7, 2022 at 5:13 pm
RE: The issue of Blasphemy in Islam - by Ranjr - October 8, 2022 at 9:51 am
RE: The issue of Blasphemy in Islam - by Jehanne - October 8, 2022 at 10:11 am
RE: The issue of Blasphemy in Islam - by Ranjr - October 8, 2022 at 10:46 am
RE: The issue of Blasphemy in Islam - by The Grand Nudger - October 8, 2022 at 12:03 am
RE: The issue of Blasphemy in Islam - by The Grand Nudger - October 8, 2022 at 11:55 am
RE: The issue of Blasphemy in Islam - by Ranjr - October 8, 2022 at 8:14 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Issue of Idolatry in Abrahamic Religions Leonardo17 28 2839 October 10, 2023 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: Ahriman
  The issue of Rİtual Washing (of dead coprses) in Islam Leonardo17 8 1256 August 13, 2023 at 1:57 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The issue of Sin Leonardo17 23 2182 September 30, 2022 at 6:42 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  Pakistan: Man accused of blasphemy killed by mob in Khanewal Duty 9 906 February 13, 2022 at 7:05 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Pakistani academic Junaid Hafeez has just been sentenced to death on blasphemy charge Fake Messiah 2 782 December 22, 2019 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7897 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  X-Muslim on importance of blasphemy Brian37 12 3789 June 7, 2015 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Brian37
  IS: "Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting" Napoléon 11 5513 May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  Shia-Sunni issue and proofs? Mystic 27 6174 March 28, 2015 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Muslim leaders issue a fatwa against anyone living on Mars Gooders1002 19 4948 February 24, 2014 at 10:38 am
Last Post: Assimilate