Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 6:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Atheism make sense?
Does Atheism make sense?
If you look at the history of the world governments, you will find :
Majoraty = above 75%
Russia = government=Majoraty Atheist
China=government=Majoraty Atheist
USA= government=Majoraty Christian
Asia= government= Majoraty Buddhist
Middle East= government= Majoraty Muslim
South America= Government =majoraty Catholic
Europe= Government=50% Catholic, 20% Atheist.
India= Government= Majoraty Hindu

The U.S is the only one that is majoraty Christian and the world's largest surviving superpower. I wonder why?

RE: Does Atheism make sense?
non sequitur
fwiw USA and India are Secular.

And actually Russia is bringing the Orthodox church back.
(December 20, 2011 at 7:04 pm)jimenez Wrote: If you look at the history of the world governments, you will find :
Majoraty = above 75%

The U.S is the only one that is majoraty Christian and the world's largest surviving superpower. I wonder why?

Congratulations, you have posted the shittest argument ever for christianity!

You are currently experiencing a lucky and very brief window of awareness, sandwiched in between two periods of timeless and utter nothingness. So why not make the most of it, and stop wasting your life away trying to convince other people that there is something else? The reality is obvious.

(December 20, 2011 at 7:04 pm)jimenez Wrote: If you look at the history of the world governments, you will find :
Majoraty = above 75%

Learn to spell majority before you wonder too much.

Probably had something to do with this
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7P7Wb0CqLKwo04ZrzcRZ...g-J2BCKQxc]

And a lot less to do with this
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3O_Ne40paD6kEzao4WjV...WC11QQdxkL]
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Probably more to do with America's economy booming and a massively growing population in earlier 20th century and joining in WW2 after everyone else. The previous superpower was pre occupied with a Roman Catholic called Adolf Hitler. And developing the first atomic bomb helps considerably too.

If it ewas to do with religion, Spain and Italy would be up there as well, but guess what. They're BUST.
Don't let politicians in the US fool you.... there's a lot of Christ-y rhetoric bandied about... but there are plenty of atheists playing the game, especially for the Democratic party. Many politicians are only "christian" in order to pander to the drooling masses...

That being said, there's plenty of blubbering idiots who actually believe the shit they're selling, as well.
Yes it makes sense...[Image: di-HM2H.jpg]
[Image: 4rynft.jpg]

Religion is like a Penis, you shouldn't whip it out in public and you shouldn't shove it down your child's throat.
[Image: ao1i8o.png]
That is the most stupid, illogical argument for Christianity that I have ever seen.

Let's break down these three words, first: Largest, surviving, and superpower.

Largest- Who gives a fuck.

Surviving- Are those countries and continents you listed not surviving? Have they been wiped off the globe? You're stupid.

Superpower- Maybe, but we (America) got that way by blowing people up. How very Christian of us. I remember clearly that verse in the gospels where Jesus said to kill people to gain power.

What I think you really meant, but were too illiterate to express is that it's the longest surviving superpower, in which case you're still wrong, still stupid, and still have no point.

I suggest you learn to read and write better, study more facts instead of just making up a bunch of crap, and employ spell check before posting anything else that confirms how uneducated and daft you are.

jimenez = post = stupid
"If there are gaps they are in our knowledge, not in things themselves." Chapman Cohen

"Shit-apples don't fall far from the shit-tree, Randy." Mr. Lahey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does your atheism come as a package? FrustratedFool 75 5188 October 7, 2023 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Does the roo knows all the answers to atheism Gummro 44 8161 January 29, 2018 at 7:42 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Does atheism oppose the world religions? cosmology 31 6201 January 4, 2018 at 10:52 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Does Atheism Matter If You're A Slave? freezone 2 1263 November 28, 2017 at 7:29 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 27084 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Common Sense shows religion screws people up. Usalabs 11 2794 March 20, 2017 at 12:34 am
Last Post: SuperSentient
  Make Atheism Great Again Mechaghostman2 104 11998 July 16, 2016 at 7:27 pm
Last Post: MJ the Skeptical
  Does Jesus Mythicism give atheism a bad name? Jehanne 44 6689 May 19, 2016 at 11:03 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why Does Atheism Have to be False? crosssaves 66 13883 June 21, 2015 at 11:54 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Atheism, Scientific Atheism and Antitheism tantric 33 12452 January 18, 2015 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: helyott