Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 9:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheist book burning
Atheist book burning
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1yIy39RX...ce=message

Hey guys, i found this video on youtube. Its a group of atheists burning multiple religious texts which includes the bible, koran, torah, wicca, tripitaka, dianetics etc.

What is your opinion on this? Feedback would be appreciated

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Atheist book burning
I find this rather sad that a group of non-believers would do this...
What a waste of money! Religious books aren't cheap!
(January 12, 2012 at 7:12 pm)jojowedge Wrote: dianetics

Burn that one twice.

I don't approve of burning books or flags or anything like that.
Although, I do believe they have the right to do it
Btw welcome to the forums, an introduction about yourself in the Introductions Forum would be nice. Cool Shades
Make America Great Again! Trump 2020
I'm not really a fan what those people did. Book burning is one of those things that serves no purpose other than to piss people off. I'm sure rational discussion has never come from burning books.

That said, I fully endorse their right to do it.
What falls away is always, and is near.

Also, I am not pretending to be female, this profile picture is my wonderful girlfriend. XD
Better to piss on those books rather than burn them.
I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
(January 12, 2012 at 9:48 pm)popeyespappy Wrote: I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.

Some of us don't have to get too close.
Book burning as a practice is horrible, regardless of ideology, regardless of good intentions. It wasn't okay for the Roman Catholic Church to do it, and it isn't okay for anyone else either.
"In our youth, we lacked the maturity, the decency to create gods better than ourselves so that we might have something to aspire to. Instead we are left with a host of deities who were violent, narcissistic, vengeful bullies who reflected our own values. Our gods could have been anything we could imagine, and all we were capable of manifesting were gods who shared the worst of our natures."-Me

"Atheism leaves a man to sense, to philosophy, to natural piety, to laws, to reputation; all of which may be guides to an outward moral virtue, even if religion vanished; but religious superstition dismounts all these and erects an absolute monarchy in the minds of men." – Francis Bacon
Well, let's be fair. These guys are burning a barrel of books. The book burnings engaged in by religious authorities have been systematic, comprehensive, long lasting, and carried out (mostly) during a time when it was actually difficult to replace them. A stocking clerk put those particular books back on the shelf before these guys even started the fire.

I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What book has the most history? georgecarlin 43 5635 May 13, 2019 at 8:29 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  So, you're sitting in a tea shop, quietly reading a book... Gawdzilla Sama 70 16886 April 28, 2017 at 2:39 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Following the Good Book Mermaid 22 5446 October 28, 2015 at 5:07 pm
Last Post: Athene
  Essential Reading for Theists (A book recommendation thread) Clueless Morgan 18 4247 July 14, 2015 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Believers: Book Recommendations for Atheists Crossless2.0 1 1163 July 13, 2015 at 6:38 pm
Last Post: Longhorn
  The Book of Abiogenesis Nintentacle 2 1507 November 5, 2014 at 8:23 am
Last Post: robvalue
Video Top 11 Stupid Bible Laws (from the book of leviticus) MagetheEntertainer 10 3746 November 5, 2014 at 6:34 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  How is the Bible/Quran a "perfect book" ? Rwandrall 14 5802 November 5, 2014 at 6:27 am
Last Post: Nintentacle
  Mormon Church Admits J Smith Didn't Translate Book Of Abraham JesusHChrist 54 13299 September 9, 2014 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: StealthySkeptic
  Secret Ceremonies (book) vodkafan 1 980 August 19, 2014 at 9:34 am
Last Post: RobbyPants