Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Following the Good Book
Following the Good Book
Christians commonly ask atheists how they know what is moral without the Bible to guide them. Ok, so as a non-believer, I can't subscribe to the scripture in the Bible. I choose a book after which to model my life and my moral fabric.
I choose The Joy of Cooking as my scripture. My commandments:

-Thou shalt not undersalt the risotto.
-Thou shalt not mix cheese and fish
-Thou shalt not overcook the pork loin, and anyone who cooks a pork loin in a Crock Pot shall be stoned to death
-Thou shalt precook the sausage in the stuffing before stuffing the turkey, or thou shalt suffer disease and pestilence
-Thou shalt not leave frozen ground beef on the counter to thaw or suffer the wrath of E. coli
-Thou shalt not cut raw chicken and then cut raw vegetables with the same knife on the same board, or you shall suffer diarrhea for forty days and forty nights
-Thou shalt wash your hands after handling poultry
-Thou shalt not use shitty wine in sauces nor margarine nor processed cheese
-Thou shalt not use nondairy creamers, for they are an abomination

What is your Good Book?
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson
RE: Following the Good Book
I live by the book of Ganja.

-Thou shalt not combust unless otherwise necessary. Vaping is the only true way to heaven.

-Thou shalt only consume the green. Brick-weed is an abomination.

-Thou shalt not bogart the stash. Puff, puff, pass.

-Thou shalt not spill the bong-water. Doing so is punishable by going on a munchies run.

-Thou shalt harsh your neighbor's mellow. Buzzkills are abominations.
I live by the smartphone instruction.
Thou shalt plug in the charger lest thy battery dies and all that.

....and other shit I didn't read. Just like xtians and the bible!
My good book is the Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I aspire to be like Arthur Dent.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(October 25, 2015 at 5:45 pm)robvalue Wrote: My good book is the Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I aspire to be like Arthur Dent.

Thou shalt not panic?
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson
(October 25, 2015 at 6:00 pm)Mermaid Wrote: Thou shalt not panic?

Don't forget your towel.
This is all we need...

FSM Grin 

you heretical bastards.

http://www.venganza.org/2010/06/carters-...le-recipe/

Quote:Carter’s Holy Noodle recipe
(October 25, 2015 at 4:56 pm)Mermaid Wrote: Christians commonly ask atheists how they know what is moral without the Bible to guide them. Ok, so as a non-believer, I can't subscribe to the scripture in the Bible. I choose a book after which to model my life and my moral fabric.

-Thou shalt not overcook the pork loin, and anyone who cooks a pork loin in a Crock Pot shall be stoned to death
-Thou shalt precook the sausage in the stuffing before stuffing the turkey, or thou shalt suffer disease and pestilence
-Thou shalt not leave frozen ground beef on the counter to thaw or suffer the wrath of E. coli
-Thou shalt not cut raw chicken and then cut raw vegetables with the same knife on the same board, or you shall suffer diarrhea for forty days and forty nights

What is your Good Book?

Awww... but I love grilled fish and cheese!
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

The Commandments Of Proper Public Behaviour

1.  If thou plannest to tip less than 20%, eat at home, as thou art a cheap fuck.

2.  Render aid to those in distress, and do not standest there like an idiot and video them with thy phone.

3.  UNLESS others are in distress, mindeth thine own business.

4.  Before thou complainest to the management, evaluate the seriousness of thy complaint (cold toast doth not merit a screaming fit).

5.  Speak ye not aloud in the cinema, nor remove thy shoes.  Thou are not at home.

6.  The proper response to 'Thank you' is 'You're welcome', not 'No problemo'.

7.  Understand that others may not share thy musical tastes.  Turneth it down.

8.  Flush, for fuxxake.  Others wilt make use of the public bog after thee.

9.  Drop not thy rubbish in the road.  Find a bin.

10.  If thou maketh texts whilst driving, do not complain if a large, angry Irishman shoveth thy phone up one of thy primary orifices.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 25, 2015 at 6:22 pm)Aoi Magi Wrote:
(October 25, 2015 at 4:56 pm)Mermaid Wrote: Christians commonly ask atheists how they know what is moral without the Bible to guide them. Ok, so as a non-believer, I can't subscribe to the scripture in the Bible. I choose a book after which to model my life and my moral fabric.

What is your Good Book?

Awww... but I love grilled fish and cheese!

HEATHEN! HERETIC! Your behavior is morally wrong and you will have to face judgment for your direct disobedience.

-Homer Simpson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What book has the most history? georgecarlin 43 5635 May 13, 2019 at 8:29 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  So, you're sitting in a tea shop, quietly reading a book... Gawdzilla Sama 70 16890 April 28, 2017 at 2:39 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Should we be following scholars debate. Mystic 14 3250 March 23, 2016 at 1:04 am
Last Post: The Atheist
  Essential Reading for Theists (A book recommendation thread) Clueless Morgan 18 4248 July 14, 2015 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Believers: Book Recommendations for Atheists Crossless2.0 1 1163 July 13, 2015 at 6:38 pm
Last Post: Longhorn
  The Book of Abiogenesis Nintentacle 2 1509 November 5, 2014 at 8:23 am
Last Post: robvalue
Video Top 11 Stupid Bible Laws (from the book of leviticus) MagetheEntertainer 10 3746 November 5, 2014 at 6:34 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  How is the Bible/Quran a "perfect book" ? Rwandrall 14 5803 November 5, 2014 at 6:27 am
Last Post: Nintentacle
  Debunking atheists on christians not following the law of moses Rokchan 42 10473 October 29, 2014 at 12:48 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Mormon Church Admits J Smith Didn't Translate Book Of Abraham JesusHChrist 54 13304 September 9, 2014 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: StealthySkeptic