Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 1:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who are more moral? Men or women?

I am not an atheist but am a man who, thanks to apotheosis, believes himself to have high morals. Perhaps even superior to women.

I will take the Jewish view of Eden as man’s elevation as opposed to the Christian view that Eden was man’s fall. I do this because the Jewish view was the initial view of their scriptures. I give their view more authority than I do to Christianity. That Jewish view was later reversed by Christianity. Why Christianity did this is not clear.

http://www.mrrena.com/misc/judaism2.php

For this mental exercise, I say women are more moral than men. I take this view because teaching a topic is the best way to learn it, and that most of the child rearing/teaching in that day was done by women. Women then, teaching children their first morals, would also teach themselves morals faster than what men would.

I do not read scriptures literally but will use the literal view and my logic trail and progression through Eden as if I do.

Eve was first to eat of the tree of knowledge, and as scriptures states, became as God. That is, she developed the same moral sense as God. She then recognized that instead of leaving Adam to follow God’s instruction to not eat, she chose, with her new wisdom, to have Adam also eat of the tree of knowledge. Thus both were elevated to having a moral sense.

Is the Jewish view the correct one?

Who should lead mankind in religious and political thinking?

Regards
DL
RE: Who are more moral? Men or women?
Neither are more moral. Morality doesn't depend on sex or gender, it depends on the individual.
(January 31, 2012 at 1:15 pm)Greatest I am Wrote: Who are more moral? Men or women?

I am not an atheist but am a man who, thanks to apotheosis, believes himself to have high morals. Perhaps even superior to women.

Did your apotheosis also tell you that you appear to be a man of high gullibility, perhaps even superior to women?

Sorry, women, I was refering to his notion of women, not real women.
Using that myth to try and determine who's more moral is an exercise in futility. You have two pre-people, the female one eats a piece of fruit and becomes a full person, who then brings the male into full personhood. That she is female is irrelevant. The important point, and the reason for her actions afterwards, is the eating of the fruit.

Furthermore, if you are going to expose two types children to different and unequal situations, one of those situations perhaps being more likely to install good morals into a child, then to damn a gender as being less moral than the other as though it is an innate trait rather than a product of their upbringing is unfair.
What part of "its a fucking story" ( and a lame one at that ) gives you the most trouble, GIA?
I think I'm more moral because I do not let hate rule my life and according to the Jedi code that makes me good. I also dress mostly in white which is also an indication that I'm moral. I'm able to force choke the shit out of people, but that fact that I choose not to, means that I'm good. I was also contacted by the aliens from Canus Major and during that contact an alien symbiote was implanted that caused my identity to be subsumed into the greater good personality of the symbiote.

Wait, does this sound like a bunch of gibberish to you OP? Well guess what...
I'm still confused as to what gender and morality have to do with each other. Perhaps the OP has mommy issues?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
What do you mean by "morality"?
(January 31, 2012 at 1:21 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Neither are more moral. Morality doesn't depend on sex or gender, it depends on the individual.

Looking at individuals, you may be right.

Looking at women and men as two seperate groups, you would have to explain why the population in jail is 95 % male and 5 % female.

With those odds, I would say that generally speaking, women make us men look sick.
Looking at individuals, you may be right.

Looking at women and men as two seperate groups, you would have to explain why the population in jail is 95 % male and 5 % female.

With those odds, I would say that generally speaking, women make us look sick.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

(January 31, 2012 at 1:44 pm)Chuck Wrote:
(January 31, 2012 at 1:15 pm)Greatest I am Wrote: Who are more moral? Men or women?

Did your apotheosis also tell you that you appear to be a man of high gullibility, perhaps even superior to women?

Sorry, women, I was refering to his notion of women, not real women.

I am not trying to push a belief on you, I have no dogma, dick wad, so find someone else who cares for your opinion. I am here to talk morals.

Speak to the issue or be gone.

Regards
DL
(January 31, 2012 at 2:20 pm)Stue Denim Wrote: Using that myth to try and determine who's more moral is an exercise in futility. You have two pre-people, the female one eats a piece of fruit and becomes a full person, who then brings the male into full personhood. That she is female is irrelevant. The important point, and the reason for her actions afterwards, is the eating of the fruit.

Furthermore, if you are going to expose two types children to different and unequal situations, one of those situations perhaps being more likely to install good morals into a child, then to damn a gender as being less moral than the other as though it is an innate trait rather than a product of their upbringing is unfair.

I don't think so and there was no fruit involved. It was knowledge.

I think the authors of that myth were just saying that male morals are first taught to us by mothers and women.

Proof is yourself if you are an average male.

Who was more responsible for your nurturing?
I place my money on your mother and female teachers in school till about the age of 6. After that, you were picking them up from your father and friends.

Pay up.

Regards
DL

(January 31, 2012 at 2:22 pm)Minimalist Wrote: What part of "its a fucking story" ( and a lame one at that ) gives you the most trouble, GIA?

I am well aware that it is a myth, so speak to the issue or be gone.

If you goofs are too dense to not already know that I use the same posts for believers, my real target, then you are not too bright.

Regards
DL
I don't like this guy (quite the opposite), but what can you do.

I'm a pirate. I give massive amounts of what I do have away. I'm a procrastinator, and a lazy bum. I immediately begin to spend exorbitant amounts of time and effort the moment I hear one of my friends is in need. I have no job. I work constantly, especially when I play. I have a horrid temper. Which I've only let show twice in the last 4 months, the former to protect my lover. I get jealous, envious, and covetous. I allow with being told, console myself with them having a good time, and with what I have that they do not.

Fuck 'morality' as some set-in-stone commodity... it's all personal. So to ask 'are men or women more moral' is utter nonsense until you know this: moral to whom?

Damn objectivists... I pour Sprite on your head.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Moral Law LinuxGal 7 539 November 8, 2023 at 8:15 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  In UK atheists considred more moral than theists. downbeatplumb 254 29165 September 20, 2018 at 5:08 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Women as priests Der/die AtheistIn 53 8298 August 4, 2017 at 6:23 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Three Christian Women marry Jesus Divinity 21 4318 July 14, 2017 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Christian war on women Fake Messiah 30 4409 April 6, 2017 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  How You Know This Shit Was Written By Men! Minimalist 48 11053 January 4, 2017 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Christian Apologists Act Like Abused Women Rhondazvous 17 4015 May 17, 2016 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: abaris
  the straw men of premarital sex. loganonekenobi 38 5743 March 28, 2016 at 11:40 am
Last Post: loganonekenobi
  For men who believe Foxaèr 24 4076 March 26, 2016 at 6:22 pm
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  Serious moral question for theist. dyresand 30 7339 September 1, 2015 at 10:13 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0