Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 9:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Youtube starts banning "religiously offensive" videos.
Youtube starts banning "religiously offensive" videos.
Youtube starts banning "religiously offensive" videos. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1ho8tunttg Reply to the posted video to tell Youtube what you think of this decision.
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

RE: Youtube starts banning "religiously offensive" videos.
Another blow to freedom of speech..
And shouldn't all videos talking about religion be banned. they all must offend someone in some way?
Definitely, all the testimonials of faith that end up on youtube offend the shit out of me. Angel
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Not surprised...thunderfoot has drawn the ire of many totalitarian theistic types. He blows them out of the fucking water and they hate that shit.

I would love to see him do a series on conservapedia.
(February 26, 2012 at 6:06 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Definitely, all the testimonials of faith that end up on youtube offend the shit out of me. Angel

Id like to play the card "they are so stupid it upsets me"
I've been doing my bit to spread the word via Twitter and Facebook. This is the message I appended with the link on the latter:

Quote:To all who read this: if you care about free speech versus the iron boot of censorshp, please share this video. First it was false copyright claims, then it was false privacy breach claims. Today it's 'religious offense'. What will it be tomorrow? When all free speech is gone, who will speak out when they come for you?

Thank you.

Ok, maybe I can be accused of over-egging it a little. However, compared to the dirty tactics being used by the poor hard-done-by religionists, I'm being too polite.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
You could be accused of it, but that doesn't mean it isn't a valid statement. The faithful have waged war on our very thoughts (let alone our words) since the dawn of recorded history (at least). Just because they're "politely" firing arty barrages now doesn't mean that it isn't arty falling on our fucking ao.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I think within these grounds you could easily as most religions think atheists are going to hell to be tortured then we have every right to ask YouTube to take any religious video down as it is offensive.
Oh no no no no no no no.

They are a my main source of comedy!

Seriously. Religiously offensive? Who gets to say? Criticism? Abuse.. whats the bar for religiously offensive.

The day that stating scientific fact which blows up the lies and filth holding up the fear that the preachers hold over the hearts of innocents is the day that all is lost.
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
(February 26, 2012 at 7:20 pm)NoMoreFaith Wrote: Oh no no no no no no no.

They are a my main source of comedy!

They are fucking funny.. But I would be pissed off if everyone who doesn't agree started getting banned for 'offending people'

My thinking is if enough people played the religion is offensive card YouTube would have to re-think

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheist or Skeptical videos Angrboda 27 2700 October 17, 2022 at 6:50 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  I have made a new YouTube video about afterlife... FlatAssembler 32 2216 July 12, 2022 at 2:35 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Hilarious argument from someone I encountered in the youtube comments Heat 19 4749 April 23, 2020 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Posted comments on Youtube gets deleted Ferrocyanide 16 1934 April 19, 2020 at 6:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Watch "Rocky Sharpe & The Replays - Rama Lama Ding Dong [totp2]" on YouTube TubbyTubby 5 2009 June 9, 2016 at 7:00 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  One of the best videos i've seen in a long time Heat 1 1117 December 22, 2015 at 5:04 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Atheist Videos Wunsbee 8 3079 August 9, 2015 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Good atheist videos, debates, or documentaries? BitchinHitchins 5 2773 August 1, 2015 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: BitchinHitchins
  Atheist You Tube videos!!! simplemoss 31 5253 January 30, 2015 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: Roxy904
  How do you feel about atheist youtube personalities? MusicLovingAtheist 26 10732 December 11, 2014 at 9:12 am
Last Post: robvalue