Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 4:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US pastor subject of lawsuit by Ugandan gay advocacy group
US pastor subject of lawsuit by Ugandan gay advocacy group
http://news.yahoo.com/lawsuit-us-pastor-...48480.html

Quote:Lively, of Abiding Truth Ministries, is one of a handful of American pastors whom Ugandan gay activists accuse of having helped draft the original version of the African nation's anti-homosexuality bill.

The bill called for the death penalty for certain homosexual acts such as when gay people with AIDS were caught having sex. It has since been revamped to replace the death penalty with life imprisonment as a maximum sentence.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
RE: US pastor subject of lawsuit by Ugandan gay advocacy group
Africa is the new playground for the fundamentalist Christian. They'd like to return to the good ol' days when they could just kill anyone that disagreed with them.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
This reminds me when a poster mentioned in response to my idea of Christianity declining "We are growing in Africa, China, etc".

It is sad and unimpressive that Christianity is thriving in SUPERSTITIOUS and , in China's case, INFORMATION CONTROLLED countries. Although I am pretty sure it is not as successful in China as some people may make it out to be.

Although I don't know if I would call America one of those countries that is growing in education either -.-.... ugh the stupid things people do here. Yeah... its one thing to just disagree with homosexuality based on your religion but its a whole other thing to make laws against it much less laws that KILL people.

This happening in Africa shouldn't really surprise us though.
Oh I forgot: "Dey eat da poo-poo!"
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Group hallucinations Fake Messiah 12 1829 April 9, 2019 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  [Serious] Freemasons: why is there such a negative view of this group? GODZILLA 8 1403 February 4, 2019 at 6:43 am
Last Post: GODZILLA
  Bishop setting up group to fight off 'evil forces' and recite prayers of exorcism Marozz 14 2584 October 11, 2018 at 5:19 am
Last Post: OakTree500
  Church demands the victim apologize to pastor's wife since the pastor did the rape. Foxaèr 122 15936 September 17, 2016 at 4:30 am
Last Post: rado84
  My Youth Pastor's Pleading Letter to Me Amalynne0 41 7076 July 25, 2014 at 11:54 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Pastor states "religion and politics interrelated" Foxaèr 7 2810 May 25, 2014 at 9:59 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Now a Hindu Group Wants a Monument at the Oklahoma Capitol Gooders1002 45 10698 December 15, 2013 at 2:17 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Is killing a Pastor always a bad thing? Mystical 85 22893 November 9, 2013 at 8:51 am
Last Post: T.J.
  Is 'sin' an acceptable HS assignment subject? Opinions requested. Captain Colostomy 12 2996 September 5, 2013 at 3:16 pm
Last Post: Captain Colostomy
  Fundamentalist Pastor Takes to YouTube to Fault Women for All Social Ills Ziploc Surprise 9 5434 May 13, 2012 at 4:26 pm
Last Post: orogenicman