Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 8:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yahweh: The worshiping of a Volcano / fire GOD of War.
Now I have seen the above sticky on the issue dealing with Yahweh being a volcano GOD.. However, I have decided to post this to which goes in far greater depth than what was covered in that thread. I have written an article on Newsvine concerning this subject, and I think many of you might find it of particular interest. :

This includes a further evidence page that was not included in the main article:

Yahweh: The worshiping of a Volcano / fire GOD of War --- SUPORTING SCRIPTURE & EVIDENCE --

There is a lot of material covered there, and I chose not to copy it here in fear of being labeled first post spam.. So take your time, and let me know what you think of the written article Smile
I would also like to address this issue:

Quote:As Min pointed out, there are no active volcanoes in the Egypt/Sinai region. At first glance that would seem to cast doubt on the hypothesis.

This is assuming people of that region of the world being completely ignorant of volcanoes... It's not a matter if there is a Volcano in Egypt or the Sinai desert. The god in question has more to do with the volcano GOD of the Shasu. The Shasu of YWH to be more specific. There is quite a huge connection between Yahweh and Jahve the Midianites (to which included the Shasu) Volcano GOD. Mosses is claimed to have spent 40 years in this area btw. And it's also likely that the GOD is associated with all the volcanic activity in the region, or is likely they believed every volcano was GOD.

RE: Yahweh: The worshiping of a Volcano / fire GOD of War.
(April 10, 2012 at 1:34 am)TheJackel Wrote: Now I have seen the above sticky on the issue dealing with Yahweh being a volcano GOD.. However, I have decided to post this to which goes in far greater depth than what was covered in that thread. I have written an article on Newsvine concerning this subject, and I think many of you might find it of particular interest. :

This includes a further evidence page that was not included in the main article:

Yahweh: The worshiping of a Volcano / fire GOD of War --- SUPORTING SCRIPTURE & EVIDENCE --

There is a lot of material covered there, and I chose not to copy it here in fear of being labeled first post spam.. So take your time, and let me know what you think of the written article Smile
I would also like to address this issue:

Quote:As Min pointed out, there are no active volcanoes in the Egypt/Sinai region. At first glance that would seem to cast doubt on the hypothesis.

This is assuming people of that region of the world being completely ignorant of volcanoes... It's not a matter if there is a Volcano in Egypt or the Sinai desert. The god in question has more to do with the volcano GOD of the Shasu. The Shasu of YWH to be more specific. There is quite a huge connection between Yahweh and Jahve the Midianites (to which included the Shasu) Volcano GOD. Mosses is claimed to have spent 40 years in this area btw. And it's also likely that the GOD is associated with all the volcanic activity in the region, or is likely they believed every volcano was GOD.

Jebel al Lawz
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
Quote:Jebel al Lawz

Ahhh NO! ..lol .. I've gotten that answer before, but it doesn't come anywhere near matching what is described in the bible.. It's actually a pretty poor theory constructed on very loose interpretations of the bible, and a very small segment of the bible. My article on the other hand goes much deeper than that, and covers a heck of a lot more of the actual bible in relation to the regions in question. It's definitely not Al Lawz..

Quote:Ron Wyatt first proposed the idea that Mt. Sinai was at Jebel al-Lawz. Whatever one may think of Ron Wyatt's "discoveries," he should be given full credit for this discovery. However, I would like to call your attention to a recent book examining the claims of Ron Wyatt. It is entitled Holy Relics or Revelation, by two SDA researchers, Russell and Colin Standish. (Hartland Publications, Box 1, Rapidan, VA 22733. 1-800-774-3566). This book is a careful, meticulous, in-depth study of Ron Wyatt's claims. These researchers "speak the truth in love" but state that Ron Wyatt has not been truthful in his claims.

In fact, Ron Wyatt is not considered a reliable or credible source for anything concerning the bible in the scholar and archeological world. And his claims really do not make any sort of sense what-so-ever if you actually read the evidence I've provided, and the scripture I have provided. In fact, your response has not actually addressed any of the evidence, but was rather a tossing of a failed assumption by Ron Wyatt. You're going to have to deposit something a lot more credible than that. Smile

Quote:A casual stroll through hellDevil proves that faith is everything...GOD

Btw, this tells me you don't know much about your religion or the bible. It also tells me that you don't know that "Hell" is not a proper translation and comes from corrupt Greek texts. I'm assuming here that you use the KJV of the bible. And concerning the "Devil", well you might want to read this article I wrote to:

Satan: The Devil in the details!

Yeah that doesn't exist... Fun stuff! Wink

(April 10, 2012 at 3:24 am)TheJackel Wrote:
Quote:Jebel al Lawz

Ahhh NO! ..lol .. I've gotten that answer before, but it doesn't come anywhere near matching what is described in the bible.. It's actually a pretty poor theory constructed on very loose interpretations of the bible, and a very small segment of the bible. My article on the other hand goes much deeper than that, and covers a heck of a lot more of the actual bible in relation to the regions in question. It's definitely not Al Lawz..

Quote:Ron Wyatt first proposed the idea that Mt. Sinai was at Jebel al-Lawz. Whatever one may think of Ron Wyatt's "discoveries," he should be given full credit for this discovery. However, I would like to call your attention to a recent book examining the claims of Ron Wyatt. It is entitled Holy Relics or Revelation, by two SDA researchers, Russell and Colin Standish. (Hartland Publications, Box 1, Rapidan, VA 22733. 1-800-774-3566). This book is a careful, meticulous, in-depth study of Ron Wyatt's claims. These researchers "speak the truth in love" but state that Ron Wyatt has not been truthful in his claims.

In fact, Ron Wyatt is not considered a reliable or credible source for anything concerning the bible in the scholar and archeological world. And his claims really do not make any sort of sense what-so-ever if you actually read the evidence I've provided, and the scripture I have provided. In fact, your response has not actually addressed any of the evidence, but was rather a tossing of a failed assumption by Ron Wyatt. You're going to have to deposit something a lot more credible than that. Smile

Quote:A casual stroll through hellDevil proves that faith is everything...GOD

Btw, this tells me you don't know much about your religion or the bible. It also tells me that you don't know that "Hell" is not a proper translation and comes from corrupt Greek texts. I'm assuming here that you use the KJV of the bible. And concerning the "Devil", well you might want to read this article I wrote to:

Satan: The Devil in the details!

Yeah that doesn't exist... Fun stuff! Wink

Many others have sighted Jebel al Lawz as Mt. Sinai, there is no way that people of any number would be able to stay at the base of an erupting volcano, let lone live there for a year. The ash which would be considerable according to your research would have killed all living creatures. The heat would have been unbearable especially in that climate. The threat of lava would have keep the people away. What about water, there is little rain fall in that area, at best one inch a year, so no surface water would have been available to them, and if there were any wells they would have been contaminated by the active volcano, the water would have been unfit to drink or any other uses for that matter. I don't know about you, but most people would have enough sense not to go up on a volcano as it was erupting, Moses would more than likely have been poisoned by the gases that the volcano would be releasing, you write as if one could just stroll up to an erupting volcano, as if strolling through a park on a clear spring day. I believe you have over looked the reality of such an adventure. Also how would people camp on volcanic fields, the cooled lava is extremely sharp and there leather sandals would not afford them much protection, and that would be for the ones who actually had sandals. You are correct in saying Jebel al Lawz is not a volcano, yet the granite top of the mountain has been severally scorched, there has never been any vegetation growing on top of the mountain to burn, so how did it become that devastated. By the way Ron Wyatt was not the first to claim Jebel al Lawz as Mt. Sinai, and in actuality his information came from others who were in country long before him, and they had to keep secret that they had studied al Lawz for years, because they were still in country and could have gone to prison for many years if caught. The Saudis are funny that way, they have fenced off many historic sites to keep people from discovering much of the history that area holds.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
Quote:Many others have sighted Jebel al Lawz as Mt. Sinai,

Sadly based on Ron Wyatt's supposed theory to which is utter nonsense

Quote: there is no way that people of any number would be able to stay at the base of an erupting volcano, let lone live there for a year.

Wrong.. You don't know much about the Hawiian Islands do you? Or know much about volcanoes eh?
Quote:The ash which would be considerable according to your research would have killed all living creatures.

It can do that.. However, not every eruption is a MT Saint Hellens kind of eruption either.. And it really depends where you are in relation to the volcano.. I almost wonder if you have even bothered to watch the time lapse video of the Ice land volcano, or videos of other volcanoes from a relatively close distance.

Quote: The heat would have been unbearable especially in that climate. The threat of lava would have keep the people away.

Yep, that's why Hawaii and the Azores are barren wastelands of nobody living there.. oh wait... people live there! And the Hawaiian people live on the volcano and not at it's base to which is far below sea level. And why would people worshiping a volcano GOD keep away from their GOD? Did you bother to think about this? And it does state in the bible that during the supposed eruption that the people did stand afar as they watched it. This which probably means they weren't sitting at the very bottom of it... Also, people still live in that region. Yes there are still nomads in the area to this very day!

Quote:What about water, there is little rain fall in that area, at best one inch a year, so no surface water would have been available to them, and if there were any wells they would have been contaminated by the active volcano, the water would have been unfit to drink or any other uses for that matter

Many people in that region were nomadic. The shasu for example were nomadic, and this has little bearing on whether or not they worshiped a volcano as a god. You're basically grasping at straws there. Also, you don't know which area they actually were in, or which Volcano they were at in the region as there are several volcanoes in the area at the northern tip of the Red Sea, and even more along the Eastern shore. MT Sinai could be any one of them, or all of them.. Chances are, all volcanoes in the region were likely considered the same GOD.

Quote: I don't know about you, but most people would have enough sense not to go up on a volcano as it was erupting, Moses would more than likely have been poisoned by the gases that the volcano would be releasing, you write as if one could just stroll up to an erupting volcano, as if strolling through a park on a clear spring day.

Firstly, these people had no idea what a volcano really was as these people thought it was GOD. Also, you are assuming Moses even existed or that anyone actually went up during a full on eruption. Volcanoes can smoke long before they erupt. And again you are ignoring over half the content I posted in my article that clearly outlines this GOD as a Volcano. The evidence I provide is quite overwhelming, and I have yet to post much of what I have on the subject. For example, I am still going through the Qur'an, and I have found more info on the Shasu ect..

Quote: I believe you have over looked the reality of such an adventure. Also how would people camp on volcanic fields, the cooled lava is extremely sharp and there leather sandals would not afford them much protection, and that would be for the ones who actually had sandals.

Again you are speaking from assumption and ignoring the evidence that suggests otherwise. This to which includes people whom have worshiped Pelee, and still do. Yep, these people make the trek all the time! They even burned incense, or various things for their GOD just like the Christians did for theirs!.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5myS40hkYJ0&

and:

http://video.nationalgeographic.com/vide...lcano-vin/

Quote: You are correct in saying Jebel al Lawz is not a volcano, yet the granite top of the mountain has been severally scorched, there has never been any vegetation growing on top of the mountain to burn, so how did it become that devastated.

Actually that proves literally nothing.. And suggesting people worship a brush fire is rather hilarious. And nor does a brush fire match the evidence and description in the bible what-so-ever.

Quote: By the way Ron Wyatt was not the first to claim Jebel al Lawz as Mt. Sinai, and in actuality his information came from others who were in country long before him, and they had to keep secret that they had studied al Lawz for years, because they were still in country and could have gone to prison for many years if caught.

I'm sure many people trying to attach MT Sinai to anything other than a volcano will... The problem is, the actual archeology and scripture tells us otherwise. You can either deal with that fact of reality, or you can't.

Quote: The Saudis are funny that way, they have fenced off many historic sites to keep people from discovering much of the history that area holds.

No, they fenced it off because it's a load of crap. It's been determined as such for quite a while now. Even the supposed cave of Mosses has been debunked as a Nabatean tomb.. It's a long since dead theory that no serious archeologist or scholar will bother with. The only ones that will, will likely be those with vested interest in the religion in order to protect it. And we haven't seen that going on where every archeological find was magically tagged to Christianity and the bible only later to be shown to having nothing to do with Christianity or the bible. Right?.. Nah.. So how about addressing the article vs clinging on to assumptions and already proven wrong theories about MT Sinai?

I don't know about the volcano God, but I think the Sky would certainly be a greater entity to associate with a God. Our ancestors did so.
Our war God was the God of the Sky. The main, singular one.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
Quote:Ron Wyatt is not considered a reliable or credible source for anything concerning the bible in the scholar and archeological world.

Ron Wyatt was a fucking nut.
(April 10, 2012 at 2:54 pm)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: I don't know about the volcano God, but I think the Sky would certainly be a greater entity to associate with a God. Our ancestors did so.
Our war God was the God of the Sky. The main, singular one.

A lot of ancient beliefs and religions often did. This however is not the case we are dealing with. Your argument is more in line of the era before Christianity and monotheism took root. Basically you are discussing polytheism.. And yes, Christianity does take up some of it's polytheistic roots and other religions as well. Jesus for example is pretty much ripped and pasted from the story of Horus. I could go into deep detail on that issue to. However, You can find all those polytheistic attributes btw in the Volcano GOD. A towering plume of smoke with lightning ect can easily suffice to be a GOD of the Sky.. It's possible that these people saw all the polytheistic GOD's in one object of worship and then decided that all other GODs were false idols.. Perhaps someone had a mindgasm about how a volcano can be a sky god, storm god, sea god, fertility god, and a creator god ect ect.. It's not much of a leap considering volcanoes can do all those things they believed were caused by GOD's. In fact, you can see how Baal can fit into this volcano GOD:

Quote:Baʿal (Biblical Hebrew בעל, pronounced [ˈbaʕal], usually spelled Baal in English) is a Northwest Semitic title and honorific meaning "master" or "lord"[1] that is used for various gods who were patrons of cities in the Levant and Asia Minor, cognate to Akkadian Bēlu. A Baalist or Baalite means a worshipper of Baal. In some texts it is used as a substitute for Hadad, a god of the rain, thunder, fertility and agriculture, and the lord of Heaven.

And so you know, Yahweh had a wife btw Wink Anyone here know who Yahweh's wife was?, or understand that the Shasu of YWH were also polytheistic? In fact, monotheism by Yahwists really didn't take root until the second Isaiah.. Wasn't until then did the Volcano War GOD really became the only god of Judah. So anyone in that era looking at a Volcano, or an erupting one for that matter would likely be in total complete utter awe of its power from the heaven down to the very Earth itself. People have been known to establish religious cults around far less impressive things.. So when one evaluates the scripture, the proper names of this GOD, the archeology, the geology, and the history of the religions in the region.., the evidence definitely shows this to be a Volcano GOD. Empirically speaking, the evidence for the Christian god being a Volcano GOD even far exceeds the evidence for Pelee being a Volcano / fire Goddess.. It's so obvious and blatant that one must really put the blinders on to ignore it and pretend it isn't so. So yes I am sorry to report to Christians that their GOD is indeed a Volcano GOD.

(April 10, 2012 at 3:16 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Ron Wyatt is not considered a reliable or credible source for anything concerning the bible in the scholar and archeological world.

Ron Wyatt was a fucking nut.

I agree entirely..

TheJackel, honest question, how many times have you had an account here?
(April 10, 2012 at 6:02 pm)Shell B Wrote: TheJackel, honest question, how many times have you had an account here?

This would be my first.. What makes you think I've been here before? .. So honest question, are you trying imply I'm some long lost banned individual? And what does your question have to do with the OP and attached article to which I had written?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The War of 1812! chimp3 70 8044 May 12, 2018 at 2:12 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  How can you explain the miracle of the Holy Fire? Thracian 42 10857 April 23, 2018 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: Astreja
  NDE of future war of demons masquerading as aliens scoobysnack 73 25929 June 12, 2017 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Yahweh Killed by Operation Rescue fanatics Rhondazvous 7 1771 April 8, 2016 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  How do people justify the worship of Yahweh? Celestine 13 4622 August 22, 2015 at 8:30 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Is it really a war? BrokenQuill92 15 4736 July 18, 2015 at 11:39 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  Yahweh Volcano Fire God of War: Updated TheJackel 17 11670 February 21, 2015 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 19363 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie
  World war 3 lifesagift 94 22140 September 22, 2014 at 8:21 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  From Rags to Riches, Yahweh's Success Story DeistPaladin 2 1820 February 10, 2014 at 1:02 pm
Last Post: Cyberman