Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grandma isn't in heaven
Grandma isn't in heaven
http://www.larknews.com/archives/2936

Yet another child has a delusion while in the hospital. The article is about a child who claims to have seen all his relatives in heaven, but Grandma wasn't there.

Shitty Article Wrote:Jeremy revealed to his family that Wanda Spencer, his maternal grandmother, was not in heaven after all... In the weeks since the experience, some say they can’t look at old photographs of Grandma Spencer without a fresh sense of grief and even anger at her.
RE: Grandma isn't in heaven
Grandma's in hell. She was having sex in all the wrong places.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
What is particularly interesting is the fact they have managed to convince themselves that Granny never believed in Christ after all, because she never says it.

But then, how many christians say to their also christian family members "Hey Gee, I sure do believe in that christ fella!"

Interesting case.
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
(April 11, 2012 at 9:53 am)NoMoreFaith Wrote: What is particularly interesting is the fact they have managed to convince themselves that Granny never believed in Christ after all, because she never says it.

But then, how many christians say to their also christian family members "Hey Gee, I sure do believe in that christ fella!"

Interesting case.

What's disturbing is people take these children's delusions as fact. I know there are at least two books about kids who supposedly went to heaven already. Both are absurd enough to say, "A True Story" right on the front of the god damn book.
Hey wasn't there a book that was supposedly a child NDE? Same shit, blankets for those that fear too much.
I would tell the relatives that most likely Grandma Spencer moved to a higher level of Heaven that the boy could not yet reach during an NDE. Angels from the higher planes find it difficult to interact with the lower levels of the spiritual world.
Apparently not all xtian asswipes are in the south.
I swear, if anything ever happens to me that could possibly result in a NDE, I'm going to claim that I got to see the glorious beer volcanoes & hang out with Joan of Arc at the stripper factory.

FSM Grin

"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
If I was in a situation where I could have an NDE, whether I did or not, I would claim that I talked to god and he told me to tell all of the Christians(all theists actually) to stop believing in silly myths.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(April 11, 2012 at 11:20 am)LastPoet Wrote: Hey wasn't there a book that was supposedly a child NDE? Same shit, blankets for those that fear too much.

As I stated in a post right above this one, there are at least two books on this with different children and it appears that this child has also been offered a book deal.

Seems like a convenient way to make some money off your kids.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Isn’t pantheism the same thing as atheism? Ferrocyanide 177 10566 January 1, 2022 at 2:36 am
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  The Mandate of Heaven atheisthunt 22 3319 February 11, 2020 at 11:03 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
Thumbs Up Alzheimers in heaven. onlinebiker 73 8297 October 28, 2019 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Ways to Get Into Heaven! Or Whatever You Believe in! Jade-Green Stone 14 2547 January 24, 2019 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: deanabiepepler
  Being Catholic isn't an ethnic thing. Joods 0 791 March 12, 2018 at 8:36 am
Last Post: Joods
  Isn't it funny... pabsta 189 55930 August 21, 2017 at 12:11 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Apparitions from heaven??? Jehanne 217 21456 November 4, 2016 at 4:44 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
Question Even an atheist can say "the laws came from above", isn't it? theBorg 52 8992 October 3, 2016 at 9:02 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  Hell and heaven purplepurpose 14 2767 August 23, 2016 at 9:21 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Hypothetically, science proves free will isn't real henryp 95 13363 July 12, 2016 at 7:00 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger