Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simple math problem could indicate your religious beliefs.
If a baseball and bat cost $110, and the bat costs $100 more than the ball, how much does the ball cost?

(This is a super easy problem btw)

Explanation here: http://www.sync-blog.com/sync/2012/04/si...liefs.html
RE: Simple math problem could indicate your religious beliefs.
I got it wrong. Banghead Fuuuuuck.
I got it right. Math has always been my strong point, so maybe this theory does hold water cuz I over analyze everything and I'm totally atheist.
I is a math whiz.
I got it right.
(April 28, 2012 at 11:05 pm)8BitAtheist Wrote: If a baseball and bat cost $110, and the bat costs $100 more than the ball, how much does the ball cost?

There's a difference to a gut feeling and knowing algebra though.

My gut feeling was $10 but I held off on that answer until I did the algebra to get $5.

It depends on your academic background.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
(April 29, 2012 at 1:34 am)FallentoReason Wrote:
(April 28, 2012 at 11:05 pm)8BitAtheist Wrote: If a baseball and bat cost $110, and the bat costs $100 more than the ball, how much does the ball cost?

There's a difference to a gut feeling and knowing algebra though.

My gut feeling was $10 but I held off on that answer until I did the algebra to get $5.

It depends on your academic background.

Algebra?! You mean you guys did the math? I just got the answer when I saw a five spot dance before my eyes.
Phil Wrote:Algebra?! You mean you guys did the math? I just got the answer when I saw a five spot dance before my eyes.
Hallucinations aren't normal. Don't be afraid to go to the doctor. Wink
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
(April 29, 2012 at 4:25 am)FallentoReason Wrote:
Phil Wrote:Algebra?! You mean you guys did the math? I just got the answer when I saw a five spot dance before my eyes.
Hallucinations aren't normal. Don't be afraid to go to the doctor. Wink

No. Seriously. I had folded a 5 dollar bill into an origami Armadillo, my window was open and the breeze blew it off my dresser. When I saw the five dancing in the air it suddenly dawned on me goddidit that was the answer and an expensive baseball.
I have plenty of friends who are genius's at math yet still believe in God so I don't see how this proves anything. Yes, I did the algebra in my head, 2y=10.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A simple argument against God Disagreeable 149 12655 December 29, 2022 at 11:59 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  There are no "isms" just beliefs and positions. Brian37 14 1198 September 1, 2021 at 5:19 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  A question about atheistic “beliefs” (opinions, guesses, etc.) Frank Apisa 252 15067 June 30, 2021 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: Rahn127
  Questions for your Religious friends. johndoe122931 100 5263 June 5, 2021 at 9:04 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Could this exciting 2019 comedy show about God, concern artificial intelligence? blue grey brain 8 1270 February 22, 2019 at 7:17 am
Last Post: Rahn127
  What is wrong with theistic beliefs? Whateverist 65 6980 November 30, 2018 at 5:04 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  What is your problem with Atheism? ignoramus 113 23139 June 3, 2018 at 8:01 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  If you could replace god with satan, would you? Foxaèr 37 6466 April 28, 2018 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  If you could correct "god's" mistakes... The Valkyrie 50 12854 April 23, 2018 at 8:06 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Could Gods hypothetically be atheistic scientists? causal code 5 2611 August 24, 2017 at 12:17 am
Last Post: Astonished