Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Bible?
Which Bible?
I am sorry if this has been brought up before, but I am new to these forums and just searched them attempting to find a post similar to this.

The question I have is for both Christians and Atheists who quote or argue with text from the bible, and it is simply this:

Which bible do you use?
RE: Which Bible?
I don't use a bible. I have no need for one... well, other than to wipe my arse with it.
Cunt
Whichever is easiest to find, usually the New International Bible.
I just ask, because it seems to me that the one I see quoted most is King James. (Which for those who have not read different bibles, is by far the worst of them. At least in my opinion)
The most efficient way to make someone an Atheist is to hand that person a bible and tell them to read it from cover to cover.
It was the King James that I read. It is soooo boring. Tongue
Cunt
The King James is the most 'popular' for a reason. It was written in verse, so that it would be relatively easy to memorize. That makes it a useful tool. The most effective bible to date.
When I use BbileGateway, I often find myself using The Amplified Bible due to its valiant attempt at bringing out all the shades of meaning from the original greek and hebrew.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
King James is the "standard". The New International Version is a reworded version for people who have trouble with the ye olde english of the KJV. They also sanitize much of the horror of the OT in newer versions.
"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." -Friedrich Nietzsche

"All thinking men are atheists." -Ernest Hemmingway

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." -Voltaire
I use the New American Standard, the most accurately translated.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(May 2, 2012 at 10:51 am)Godschild Wrote: I use the New American Standard, the most accurately translated.

It's a good thing you are fluent in the original text, so that you can make that determination.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which version of xtianity is most likely to be correct? FrustratedFool 20 1005 December 8, 2023 at 10:21 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Without citing the bible, what marks the bible as the one book with God's message? Whateverist 143 43900 March 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  which version of christianity is correct? Drich 86 8636 March 30, 2020 at 3:34 am
Last Post: Dundee
  Which is the cause, which the effect: religious fundamentalism <=> brain impairment Whateverist 31 5168 March 20, 2018 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Which denominations have you spotted on this forum? Fake Messiah 87 14324 August 19, 2017 at 10:14 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Which Jesus is real? Foxaèr 40 8073 August 9, 2017 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Truth in a story which is entirely dependent upon subjective interpretation Astonished 47 5877 January 10, 2017 at 8:57 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Perfect, Best of Possible, or Better than Nothing: Which criterion? Hatshepsut 35 6527 May 19, 2015 at 6:12 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Finally! The definitive list of sexual positions which will sentence you to Hell! Jacob(smooth) 31 9416 February 19, 2015 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  'Drich, which of the millions of different christian denominations goes to Heaven?' Drich 208 37863 January 23, 2015 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: Spooky