Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OAP told: Take down atheist poster or you'll be arrested
OAP told: Take down atheist poster or you'll be arrested
This is disgraceful!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/new...ested.html

Seriously, you expect this sort of crap in the United States, not in fucking former-Great Britain.

I'm outraged. Angry Churches can put banners such as "god is love" and messages such as "When there's no one, there's Jesus", but this man can't put up a harmless sign that simply states "Religions are fairy stories for adults"!?

Haven't the police got ACTUAL jobs to do like cracking down on anti-social behaviour that's gone out of control in this miserable bloody country. Angry
RE: OAP told: Take down atheist poster or you'll be arrested
This is just stupid.

Lincolnshire_Police Wrote:If a complaint is made then it can lead to you being arrested and dealt with for the offence of section 5 public order causing alarm and distress.

The rules like this in the UK are ridiculous. If someone complains because they are alarmed or distressed by a random bloke not liking their religion, they need to get some sense knocked into them.

Thank fuck I'm getting out of lincolnshire in a few months.
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. - J.R.R Tolkien
Quote:I wanted to show people that if they thought they were alone there was at least one other person who thought that.

^this.
I like this old man.
Religion is an attempt to answer the philosophical questions of the unphilosophical man.
I want to buy this old man a pint.
Cunt
(June 21, 2012 at 3:03 pm)frankiej Wrote: I want to buy this old man a pint.

I want to buy this man a position in government. C'mon, we all know that's how you get into government.
Religion is an attempt to answer the philosophical questions of the unphilosophical man.
Holy shit the stupidity is spreading. Spain has an artist being sued for blasphemy right now. Saw that on another board.

WHAT THE FUCK is happening to the west? I almost suspect it is the climate of fear on the part of the big three. They are seeing their power slip so they pull the PC shit "cant we all just get along"

HOLY FUCK and people wonder why I am "in your face"

DAMN PEOPLE no one should ever stop another human by force of law to outlaw a religion, but no one at the same time should deny the rights of others to criticize someone else. Banning criticism of others is what Iran does, what China does.

Really Union Jack? REALLY, you should know your own damned history of brutal dictator kings ruled by the state Church. You also piss on the likes of your own like Shakespeare "life is but a walking shaddow.........full of sound and furry signifying nothing"

Come on Britain I know you are better than this. Brilliant artists, brilliant comedians, brilliant thinkers, and damned sure held your own in WW2 against real fascists, please don't act like one yourself.

Don't you guys have Darwin on a note? Well if this mentality grows, do humanity a favor and take it off.
It isn't just the west, the whole world is wrapped up in it's warm blanket of false sentimental belief in God, if they can't take multilateral publication of beliefs perhaps they had best remove themselves from the public forum of thought?
What happened Britain did Ned Flanders move there become a cop and slip the government a roofie?

"Religions are just fairy tales"

How the fuck is that any worse than

"You are all individuals............we are all individuals" Why don't you have the Monty Python creators arrested too?

I think the internet is making it aware to the fans of superstition OF all labels, that there is becoming less place for them to publicly make their naked assertions without challenge.
I fail to see how tis is different to a poster on a church saying "god is love" or similar message. If I find it offensive can I have the local priest/vicar/shaman arrested?
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

They wear a torture device around their necks and they want to preach about others being offensive? Isn't torture offensive?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My take on one of the arguments about omnipotence ShinyCrystals 9 698 September 4, 2023 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Don't take it personally. Mystic 83 7337 October 16, 2018 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  What godly miracle would it take? Astonished 48 14602 October 8, 2017 at 11:01 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I told my little girl about angels yesterday... Jehanne 44 10771 September 6, 2017 at 11:23 am
Last Post: mordant
  Amos Yee : Atheist arrested twice for "intention to wound religious feelings" Incognito 20 6965 January 14, 2017 at 8:45 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
Question How Much Evidence Will It Take You To Believe In God??? Edward John 370 38851 November 16, 2016 at 4:03 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Closet Atheist Coming Out and Telling Family and Friends You're An Atheist Cholley71 10 7051 September 27, 2016 at 1:01 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  As an atheist, what makes your socks go up and down?? vorlon13 4 1524 May 18, 2016 at 7:03 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Good news ... told by an idiot GUBU 20 5553 January 20, 2016 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  Demons coming down... Veritas 32 7106 December 25, 2015 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: Alex K