Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conspiracy Theorists (Or Conspiracy Nuts :P)
Conspiracy Theorists (Or Conspiracy Nuts :P)
There is a friend of a friend of mine, whom is...well he's a conspiracy theory nut. He exhausts me to no end with his constant paranoia. If you asked him then Obama is a war mongering, foreign, robber baron hell bent on continuing a conspiracy that has spanned the breadth of the United State's history down the whole presidential line. He even tried to say the last Bush was part of the theory, though as I said to him, the fact that the man couldn't eat a goddamn pretzel without almost choking doesn't really speak well of his ability to maintain a far reaching conspiracy....amongst his other less than intelligent points, of which there are far too many to count.

Among those claims of some New World Order or what have you was the fear over the whole Agenda 21 put forth by the UN. Admittedly I didn't read the whole agenda as it was late, and I was exhausted from work and wanted to just chill. Still he made it seem like it was becoming a concentration camp plan (he brought up FEMA camps and the fact that we already have concentration camps apparently) or what not. From what I could see it was a damn conservation plan for cutting back carbon footprints and cutting back on resource consumption. But there might have been more to it.

There was also something about nutrients being taken out of food, he was vague on that (correction: more vague than he was on the other things) but it was along those lines. Codex....err...the second word had an 'A' in it. I can't remember off of the top of my head.

Anyways those are the three things he listed and was rather rabid about. Despite the fact that he couldn't provide any evidence, proof or what have you to back up these claims other than unconnected events in history. Seriously, some of his defense were different things that have happened in history and tried to connect the dots of a situation that had none of the context he was inferring too and made them fit the bill of his argument. It was cherry picking information at it's finest.

There really was no reasoning with him I swear. Undecided

In any case, anyone else run into this kind of crap with others? I mean really, I can't decide who is worse, the devout or conspiracy nuts....

Thinking
RE: Conspiracy Theorists (Or Conspiracy Nuts :P)
Sounds like he might watch Glenn Beck or Alex Jones...

ETA: Yes, I have encountered this kind of stuff before with 9/11 conspiracy theories (well, 9/11 was a conspiracy... by Muslim terrorists). With 9/11 most of the bullshit claims are easy enough to debunk - that is to say all the necessary information is freely available. It took me a few days of research on various subjects like chemistry, explosives, some basic (relevant) physics, etc. This guy is likely parroting claims someone else is making, like a lot of 9/11 conspiracy theorists. I found when I researched the central people making the claims, I was underwhelmed; they were basically incompetent. They were acting qualified to make assessments which, in reality, they weren't qualified to. I guess I'd suggest looking into the history and credentials of the people who this guy is using as a source of info.
"Conspiracies" always seem to be pushed by some asshole who has written a book insisting there was one.
He was using -sigh- documentaries V,V
Well of COURSE the New World Order is being brought upon us. But, really, we don't need to worry.

The Assassins are taking care of it. Big Grin
The devout are conspiracy theorists.
Trying to update my sig ...
Soooo glad I'm not the only one around here who finds them utterly ridiculous >,>
A healthy dose of scepticism and paranoia is alright I think, but when one thinks that ailien reptiles are to blame for everything, then a healthy dose of phsychopharmaca is in order Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Sincere private convictions of a truth, are the fastest way to convince the brain to filter out information to the contrary.

It always seems to me that conspiracy theorists have way too much faith in the human ability to organise on a mass scale and keep a secret.
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
(June 28, 2012 at 12:34 am)Creed of Heresy Wrote: Well of COURSE the New World Order is being brought upon us. But, really, we don't need to worry.

The Assassins are taking care of it. Big Grin
Hell yeah! lol

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily conspiracy Fake Messiah 2003 108827 April 23, 2024 at 8:53 am
Last Post: Nanny
  Difference between religion & conspiracy theory? Fake Messiah 2 1071 February 7, 2021 at 10:58 am
Last Post: Brian37
  The BMI Conspiracy Foxaèr 42 13407 May 5, 2020 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Trying to make conspiracy theories Fake Messiah 20 2892 November 11, 2019 at 7:40 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Hairspray Conspiracy Fake Messiah 5 2412 May 12, 2016 at 6:05 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Conspiracy theories against the Jews. CapnAwesome 20 8271 September 22, 2015 at 12:23 am
Last Post: geckomamasita
  The greatest conspiracy theory ever Laza 47 11597 September 14, 2015 at 8:23 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Conspiracy theories? ignoramus 41 11257 June 24, 2015 at 7:36 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  conspiracy theories DramaQueen 24 6182 September 7, 2014 at 12:21 am
Last Post: DangerousElf
  It's a CONSPIRACY!! LalalaTabby 47 16506 January 16, 2014 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: LalalaTabby