Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 1:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moses Lied! Contradiction Alert!!!
Moses Lied! Contradiction Alert!!!
Scriptural proof that Moses lied:

Matthew 19:3-9
King James Version (KJV)

3 The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?
4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
7 They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away?
8 He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.
9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

Yeshua contradicts Moses' law concerning divorce with these words.

Cherrypickers unite!
RE: Moses Lied! Contradiction Alert!!!
I love nitpicking the bible.

In a heavily retranslated text, full of magic apples, supernatural plagues, talking donkeys, food photocopying, stopping the sun, reviving the dead, creating the universe by talking to yourself, all things we know to be contradictory with reality itself, and we're concerned here with the fact Moses might have possibly maybe lied, IF the text is in any way accurate at all.

Always hilarious.
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
Catfish:

That one went over my head, but then, I'm not the sharpest tack in the Atheist Forums box! Please explain the contradiction to me.

Smile
"If you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains (no matter how improbable) must be the truth."

--Spock
(August 6, 2012 at 7:05 am)spockrates Wrote: Catfish:

That one went over my head, but then, I'm not the sharpest tack in the Atheist Forums box! Please explain the contradiction to me.

Smile

I'm with Spock on this one..... Please explain.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.

Smile

Moses wrote a law that Yeshua contradicted. So, Moses' law was not "God's law"...

If Moses spoke for God, would not all of his laws coincide with God's?

John 7:22-24
King James Version (KJV)

22 Moses therefore gave unto you circumcision; (not because it is of Moses, but of the fathers; ) and ye on the sabbath day circumcise a man.
23 If a man on the sabbath day receive circumcision, that the law of Moses should not be broken; are ye angry at me, because I have made a man every whit whole on the sabbath day?
24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.
But what about the talking donkey!
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
(August 6, 2012 at 8:02 am)NoMoreFaith Wrote: But what about the talking donkey!

Shrek?
(August 6, 2012 at 4:05 am)catfish Wrote: Scriptural proof that Moses lied:

King James Version (KJV)

3 The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?
4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
7 They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away?
8 He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.
9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

Cherrypickers unite!

Since I don't believe Jesus (if he existed) actually said these words, rather the author of the Gospel of Matthew was interpreting the torah in a certain way. Instead of a straight reading of the torah and stating that divorce is allowable under any circumstances, so long the woman has been given a certificate. The author of Matthew is interpreting the torah in that divorce is not allowed, unless the woman has committed adultery.
undefined
(August 6, 2012 at 7:10 am)catfish Wrote:

Smile

Moses wrote a law that Yeshua contradicted. So, Moses' law was not "God's law"...

If Moses spoke for God, would not all of his laws coincide with God's?

King James Version (KJV)

22 Moses therefore gave unto you circumcision; (not because it is of Moses, but of the fathers; ) and ye on the sabbath day circumcise a man.
23 If a man on the sabbath day receive circumcision, that the law of Moses should not be broken; are ye angry at me, because I have made a man every whit whole on the sabbath day?

I believe Yeshua was making the point that the Jewish religious authorities were the ones misrepresenting (and so contradicting) the Law of Moses. But what do you think? Do you think he was contradicting their misrepresentation of that law, or am I mistaken?

(August 6, 2012 at 8:30 am)Justtristo Wrote:
(August 6, 2012 at 4:05 am)catfish Wrote: Scriptural proof that Moses lied:

King James Version (KJV)

Cherrypickers unite!

Since I don't believe Jesus (if he existed) actually said these words, rather the author of the Gospel of Matthew was interpreting the torah in a certain way. Instead of a straight reading of the torah and stating that divorce is allowable under any circumstances, so long the woman has been given a certificate. The author of Matthew is interpreting the torah in that divorce is not allowed, unless the woman has committed adultery.

I agree that some ancient rabbis believed adultery should be the only grounds for divorce. From what I understand, not all Jewish rabbis of Jesus' day were in agreement on this. One rabbi went so far as to say that a wife who cooks badly is a grounds for divorcing her! It seems the Jewish authorities questioning Jesus were trying to get him to choose sides by asking if he agreed a woman should "be divorced for any reason."
"If you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains (no matter how improbable) must be the truth."

--Spock
(August 6, 2012 at 7:10 am)catfish Wrote: If Moses spoke for God, would not all of his laws coincide with God's?
No. The Law of Moses would coinside with God's expressed will. (which it did for the time and people the Law of Moses was given.) Subsequently, that is why the law of Moses is known as The Law of Moses and not the complete Law of God.

Quote:
King James Version (KJV)

[/quote]

????

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is this a contradiction or am I reading it wrong? Genesis 5:28 Ferrocyanide 110 9018 April 10, 2023 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Contradiction or Forgetfulness Ferrocyanide 11 1386 February 16, 2022 at 8:54 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Did Moses really write the first few books of the bible? T.J. 30 2096 November 19, 2021 at 10:39 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Dr. Craig contradiction. Jehanne 121 25441 November 13, 2017 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  Chick Tract ALERT !!! vorlon13 21 3905 May 3, 2016 at 11:34 am
Last Post: Huggy Bear
  A Contradiction of Coercions Can We Have a Christian Explaination? Jenny A 26 8536 July 27, 2015 at 2:56 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Antichrist Alert!!!! Coming Sept 2015!!!!! JesusHChrist 28 7481 March 5, 2015 at 6:56 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Vatican on Alert - ISIS Threat JesusHChrist 70 18077 January 25, 2015 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Jesus lied! Chad32 20 2903 July 14, 2014 at 8:55 pm
Last Post: Lek
  PAUL LIED TO CHRISTIANS truthBtold 11 3127 January 14, 2014 at 11:19 pm
Last Post: Polaris