Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 11:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuck your Logic, here's my philosophy.
Fuck your Logic, here's my philosophy.
Am I allowed to use the word 'fuck' in a thread title? Anyway, I'm not what you would call the educated type. I have around 20 years of learning shit to catch up on. So here are my philosophies on life, the universe and everything, from an unlearned mind.

1. Be good to each other. This one is pretty hard to do, admittedly; but to do otherwise is to go round in a revolving door of hate, mistrust and a stumbling block to progression.
2. Strive to understand the human condition. We are the first species on this planet to actually articulate a fucking condition. Think about that for a second. Don't stamp on each other; instead thrive to understand each other at our core and move forward to achieve a common goal.
3. Do not dismiss those who seem abhorrent to you. Not a one of us is perfect; and I bet you've been the one considered as an insufferable asshole at some stage in your life.
4. Not all cliches are useless. The children literally are the future. Teach them well and let them lead the way. Show them all the beauty they possess inside. You know the rest.
5. Never, and I mean never, read a fucking thread about philosophy from a self confessed drunken Irishman. Are you people insane? Go do something productive with your lives.

So endeth the lesson. I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday, cause I intend on sleeping the whole damn day. Big Grin
RE: Fuck your Logic, here's my philosophy.
Quote:1. Be good to each other

My version 'try not to be cunt' (it's in your best interest)

Quote:2. Strive to understand the human condition.

Why? A sincere misanthrope, I really don't care about learning more about the human condition;it just depresses me..

Quote:3. Do not dismiss those who seem abhorrent to you.

I have always done so,and have no intention of stopping.

Quote:4. Not all cliches are useless.

Indeed, some are truisms. That 'children are the future' is not one of them.

Quote:5. Never, and I mean never, read a fucking thread about philosophy from a self confessed drunken Irishman

Especially if he also happens to be gobshite with a huge chip on his shoulder over his lack of education. Tiger
(August 11, 2012 at 11:57 pm)padraic Wrote:
Quote:1. Be good to each other

My version 'try not to be cunt' (it's in your best interest)

Quote:2. Strive to understand the human condition.

Why? A sincere misanthrope, I really don't care about learning more about the human condition;it just depresses me..

Quote:3. Do not dismiss those who seem abhorrent to you.

I have always done so,and have no intention of stopping.

Quote:4. Not all cliches are useless.

Indeed, some are truisms. That 'children are the future' is not one of them.

Quote:5. Never, and I mean never, read a fucking thread about philosophy from a self confessed drunken Irishman

Especially if he also happens to be gobshite with a huge chip on his shoulder over his lack of education. Tiger

Touchy or touche? I can't quite decide. Big Grin
Quote:Touchy or touche? I can't quite decide.

Both work for me. Wink Shades
(August 12, 2012 at 1:32 am)padraic Wrote:
Quote:Touchy or touche? I can't quite decide.

Both work for me. Wink Shades
Go with both! Having to pick one is a pain in the tushie.
So these philosophers were all like, "That Kant apply universally!" And then these mathematicians were all like, "Oh yes it Kan!"
I wouldn't call it philosophy but I would call it some damned good practical advice. Every one of your suggestions beats the hell out of barren logic.
But guyz, what how duz u'z know that using logic is logical and stuff??

I mean, if P is the same as B, and D equals two halves of E, what about Z?
Wall of text deleted.

Alternatively-

People who speak on these forums like to think they have the answers, or a cleaver way of proving them. That is because people who speak on these forums lack imagination, I am no different from any other voice,

I/You do and say what feels right to me/you.

And because you/I do or say that I/you know you/I are/am a wanker.
Yay! We're all wankers. I still say I'm the best wanker. Big Grin
(August 12, 2012 at 7:41 am)Gambit Wrote: Yay! We're all wankers. I still say I'm the best wanker. Big Grin

Can you quantify that?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How worthless is Philosophy? vulcanlogician 125 5250 February 27, 2024 at 7:57 pm
Last Post: Belacqua
  Philosophy Recommendations Harry Haller 21 1413 January 5, 2024 at 10:58 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  The Philosophy Of Stupidity. disobey 51 3593 July 27, 2023 at 3:02 am
Last Post: Carl Hickey
  Hippie philosophy Fake Messiah 19 1604 January 21, 2023 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  [Serious] Generally speaking, is philosophy a worthwhile subject of study? Disagreeable 238 12984 May 21, 2022 at 10:38 am
Last Post: highdimensionman
  My philosophy about Religion SuicideCommando01 18 2625 April 5, 2020 at 9:52 pm
Last Post: SuicideCommando01
  The evolution of logic ignoramus 3 920 October 7, 2019 at 7:34 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  High level philosophy robvalue 46 4928 November 1, 2018 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: DLJ
  Why I'm here: a Muslim. My Philosophy in life. What is yours;Muslim? WinterHold 43 8228 May 27, 2018 at 12:20 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Philosophy of Mind: Zombies, "radical emergence" and evidence of non-experiential Edwardo Piet 82 12000 April 29, 2018 at 1:57 am
Last Post: bennyboy