Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 2:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Blessed Virgin Mary -- Immaculate Deception
The Blessed Virgin Mary -- Immaculate Deception

Mary the not so special.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
RE: The Blessed Virgin Mary -- Immaculate Deception
(September 19, 2012 at 2:46 pm)Gooders1002 Wrote:

Mary the not so special.

The snotty British accent really turned me off.

Most British are violently anti-Catholic and very disrespectful to the Blessed Virgin Mary.

British children are brainwashed to hate Catholics from a very early age.

In their efforts to forcibly convert the Irish to Protestantism, they allowed a million Irish to die in the potato famine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Famine_(Ireland)

And yet, the Irish clung to their Catholic faith and eventually threw off their Protestant British oppressors.

When God judges the nation of Great Britain, there shall be a harsh reckoning.
I'm not British....you should hear me get going on that silly shit.
(September 21, 2012 at 2:03 am)Blackrook Wrote: The snotty British accent really turned me off.

And your snotty ad hom comments really turn me off.

(September 21, 2012 at 2:03 am)Blackrook Wrote: Most British are violently anti-Catholic and very disrespectful to the Blessed Virgin Mary.

As a wise man once said "(citation needed)".

(September 21, 2012 at 2:03 am)Blackrook Wrote: When God judges the nation of Great Britain, there shall be a harsh reckoning.

Read the rules about preaching. Once more and you'll get reported. What was that quote again? Oh yes:

Quote:you guys are seriously blowing it if you don't act like normal people instead of jerks.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(September 21, 2012 at 2:03 am)Blackrook Wrote: The snotty British accent really turned me off.

Most British are violently anti-Catholic and very disrespectful to the Blessed Virgin Mary.

In their efforts to forcibly convert the Irish to Protestantism, they allowed a million Irish to die in the potato famine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Famine_(Ireland)

And yet, the Irish clung to their Catholic faith and eventually threw off their Protestant British oppressors.

When God judges the nation of Great Britain, there shall be a harsh reckoning.

Are you sure that it was the accent that turned you off? And what exactly is god waiting for before the judgment begins?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Matt 1:25, not a virgin Fake Messiah 8 596 October 13, 2023 at 11:49 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Did Mary and Joseph ever have sex? Fake Messiah 41 7315 March 18, 2020 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  More thoughts about Immaculate Conception Graufreud 57 8541 July 31, 2018 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  GOD RAPED MARY Bow Before Zeus 135 21424 November 29, 2017 at 10:30 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Trinity and Mary vorlon13 52 14544 May 30, 2017 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: Lek
  Virgin Births happen all the time?! Jehanne 11 2728 December 20, 2016 at 5:32 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Mary is not a virgin by the Bible accounts Fake Messiah 26 3793 September 30, 2016 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Mary's Womb Query vorlon13 34 7047 December 30, 2015 at 1:29 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Blessed are the ....? pgrimes15 32 5074 October 26, 2015 at 5:53 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Blessed art the Puppy Fuckers Metis 12 4436 July 6, 2015 at 6:04 pm
Last Post: Metis