Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not a bad forum
Not a bad forum
Although the forum is advertised as an atheist forum, the forum seems to be frequented by religious persons.

I suppose this adds to debate, keeps the forum flowing, keeps threads ongoing and fresh.

I am an atheist though, I think for myself, have my own opinions, religious people and those of authority of the state will not change my beliefs, know the real story.

I have had quite alot of negativity thrown at my posts since I joined the forum, but have also had a few posters defending my corner, it is these people that keep me coming back.
RE: Not a bad forum
Yes, we like to keep a few fundies chained to the walls for training and feeding purposes. Some of them can even construct a coherent sentence, on a good day.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(November 20, 2012 at 9:32 pm)Stanley Wrote: Although the forum is advertised as an atheist forum, the forum seems to be frequented by religious persons.
Plus, religious persons like myself are even nominated as Mods/Admins in this forum.

Cool
(November 20, 2012 at 10:01 pm)Rayaan Wrote:
(November 20, 2012 at 9:32 pm)Stanley Wrote: Although the forum is advertised as an atheist forum, the forum seems to be frequented by religious persons.
Plus, religious persons like myself are even nominated as Mods/Admins in this forum.

Cool

Equality sounds good to me, I just wish it was like that the world over.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frNpdG4F...ure=relmfu

It grows on you
I think I've been here too long. Something's growing on me.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(November 21, 2012 at 12:44 am)Stimbo Wrote: I think I've been here too long. Something's growing on me.

It's a fungus. Try getting some sun.

Oh wait, you live in the UK. Guess you're screwed.

Big Grin

I suppose this adds to debate, keeps the forum flowing, keeps threads ongoing and fresh.

I am an atheist though, I think for myself, have my own opinions, religious people and those of authority of the state will not change my beliefs, know the real story.

I have had quite alot of negativity thrown at my posts since I joined the forum, but have also had a few posters defending my corner, it is these people that keep me coming back.

You're quite the prentious cunt, aren't you? Here's a sample of your contribution so far:

Quote: It's a forum boys and girls, I respect your point of view, if you can't respect my point of view without insulting me then you are in the wrong place, because I am here for a while.

And yet you feign a sense of shock regarding the 'negativity' you've been greeted with.

Fuck you and your sensibilities, particularly if your sojourn here is extended.
Some of the atheists seem to have no clue as to how inhospitable their online personas are. Pretty weak actually if they want to represent atheism as a respectable world-view.

I'm here because the last forum I was a long-term productive member of collapsed and hasn't revived and since that time (what 3 years ago or so) I haven't had somewhere to discuss politics and religion online.
(November 21, 2012 at 5:10 am)Daniel Wrote: Some of the atheists seem to have no clue as to how inhospitable their online personas are.

Go to AF.com They're really hospitable to theist's over there... Really, they are.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's your area's bad ass bug(s)? Gawdzilla Sama 23 1754 November 4, 2018 at 8:51 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  The No Good, Bad Luck Thread Bob Kelso 4 377 September 12, 2018 at 12:16 pm
Last Post: brewer
  A bad day for the neighbors ... and a mystery to solve ignoramus 6 475 July 6, 2018 at 3:47 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  How long can a Subway sandwich last in the refrigerator before it goes bad? Cthulhu Awakening 11 6498 December 24, 2017 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Good person/bad person Catholic_Lady 82 10694 October 23, 2017 at 9:18 am
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  Vaccines both good and bad? goombah111 109 16327 December 20, 2016 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Bad mornings are bad Losty 137 9849 October 7, 2016 at 9:00 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Some bad physics from Bishop John Shelby Spong. Jehanne 10 2376 September 25, 2016 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  need a little support - bad boss day drfuzzy 21 4793 February 28, 2016 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  Men Who are Bad at Video Games More Likely to Show Hostility to Women Pyrrho 21 4032 July 22, 2015 at 3:10 pm
Last Post: MTL