Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Why do christians think god communicates with warm fuzzy feelings instead of direct verbal speach?
Why do christians think god communicates with warm fuzzy feelings instead of direct verbal speach?
God and jesus spoke to well over a million people as chronicled in the bible, but in today's modern world god seems to only speak to his people in warm, fuzzy, peace feelings. Why the abrupt change? Are christians less apt to make up verbal conversations for their imaginary lord thesedays?
Find the cure for Fundementia!
RE: Why do christians think god communicates with warm fuzzy feelings instead of direct verbal speach?
Wait until they learn to shoop and edit videos at conspiracy theorist levels, then you'll see God doing some talkin'. As for the apologetics answer, I'll leave that one for Drich.
RE: Why do christians think god communicates with warm fuzzy feelings instead of direct verbal speach?
I think verbal conversations would send one to a psych ward. Warm, fuzzy, peace feelings are more acceptable to report than voices.
Maybe they're finding their own bullshit just a little to rough to swallow as time goes by.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Quote:Why do christians think god communicates with warm fuzzy feelings instead of direct verbal speach?

Because they are fucking stupid?

I always tend to look at the basics.
Because warm, fuzzy feelings are harder to falsify.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Exactly. Since theists create their god in their own image, reflecting all their own prejudices as well as their morality, then the only way they can evade the inevitable contradictions is to keep their god as ambiguous as possible. This becomes especially true when their god comes into direct confrontation with the creature painted in their magic books. Hence all the mystery and the platitudinous riddles. That's my take on it anyway. YMMV.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Excellent theme, now I can post some Hank Williams stuff.

'I wandered so aimless life filled with sin
I wouldn't let my dear savior in
Then Jesus came like a stranger in the night
Praise the lord I saw the light.'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wSgMnwGO...re=related
Alternatively: How did I find God? I just removed my brain and there he was.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(November 26, 2012 at 7:41 pm)festive1 Wrote: I think verbal conversations would send one to a psych ward. Warm, fuzzy, peace feelings are more acceptable to report than voices.

This exactly.
They've just figured out a way to appear less cracked. Problem is it only works towards one another. They're not fooling anyone with a brain!!

These folks that claim they're having these odd feelings and personal revelations ought to be scorned in the same manner as the lunatics that claim that they have direct conversations with god. I see no difference there.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 13217 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Faith is Feelings zwanzig 44 4485 February 28, 2021 at 1:47 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Would Jesus promote punishing the innocent instead of the guilty? Greatest I am 159 9607 September 10, 2020 at 3:37 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Who the Hell does God think he is?? Drich 13 1697 March 6, 2020 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  What do the conservative Christians here think of Professor Bart Ehrman? Jehanne 69 6033 March 8, 2019 at 10:44 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7841 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
  Why are Christians so full of hate? I_am_not_mafia 183 17612 October 18, 2018 at 7:50 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Christians: What line are you unwilling to cross for God? Cecelia 96 10514 September 5, 2018 at 6:19 pm
  Another reason why Christians go to church Alexmahone 40 4791 August 20, 2018 at 10:35 am
Last Post: Cod
  Christians: Can you see why atheists don't buy this stuff? vulcanlogician 49 3952 August 19, 2018 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician