Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 8:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ask a transsexual anything
Ask a transsexual anything
There was a thread that kinda went along these lines, but since it was started and largely posted in by a troll, it just devolved into a flame war. I guess I'll start up one with good faith and good intention and maybe I can help educate people a little. Violet, if you want you're more than welcome to answer any questions as well. If you have any questions specific for female-to-male transsexuals, I can ask my boyfriend about it, since that's kinda his territory.

Anyway, yeah, everyone here kinda knows I'm transsexual. Here's your opportunity to ask me anything at all you want about it. I'll answer any question, but if you ask an inentionally and obviously inflamitory answer, I'll respond with an intentionally and obviously inflamitory response.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
RE: Ask a transsexual anything
Do you even lift?
At what age did you know?
Nemo me impune lacessit.
(January 28, 2013 at 12:33 am)Gilgamesh Wrote: Do you even lift?

No. I try to go to the gym some and I'm making a point to walk more, but I'm afraid to do too much weight lifting. My shoulders are already much more broad than I want them to be.

(January 28, 2013 at 12:35 am)Stue Denim Wrote: At what age did you know?

I always knew there was something different about me. I think what really got my attention was when I was 29 and I found out what effect estrogen would have on a male body. Now, looking back, had I known about that at 11 or 12 or 13, I might have gotten started a lot younger. And I can't say I knew with any certainty until then but, again, looking back I can see all the signs. Hindsight's always 20/20, isn't it?
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
(January 28, 2013 at 12:31 am)TaraJo Wrote: There was a thread that kinda went along these lines, but since it was started and largely posted in by a troll, it just devolved into a flame war. I guess I'll start up one with good faith and good intention and maybe I can help educate people a little. Violet, if you want you're more than welcome to answer any questions as well. If you have any questions specific for female-to-male transsexuals, I can ask my boyfriend about it, since that's kinda his territory.

Nah, I don't do things like that Wink

Especially not when I'm asked~ FSM Grin

Quote:Anyway, yeah, everyone here kinda knows I'm transsexual. Here's your opportunity to ask me anything at all you want about it. I'll answer any question, but if you ask an inentionally and obviously inflamitory answer, I'll respond with an intentionally and obviously inflamitory response.

It's our forum, we know this Tiger
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

And then you complain about other peoples behavior.

Seriously??????????
(January 28, 2013 at 4:09 am)The_Germans_are_coming Wrote:

And then you complain about other peoples behavior.

Seriously??????????

Sit, boy.

It's the only trick he knows.
(January 28, 2013 at 12:31 am)TaraJo Wrote: I'll answer any question.

Has transexuality, or alike, been observed among animals?

Edit; the question might be silly, but is not meant offensive ofcourse.
(January 28, 2013 at 4:14 am)Violet Lilly Blossom Wrote: Sit, boy.

It's the only trick he knows.
[Image: 7540.jpg]
(January 28, 2013 at 4:21 am)Dee Dee Ramone Wrote: Has transexuality, or alike, been observed among animals?

Tell me... what are the personality differences between male dogs and female dogs?

Other than a tendency for the cisgendered females to be more submissive, and the cisgendered males to be more dominant... it's rather hard to tell past individual personalities. It's rather likely that there are transsexual dogs, but the real problem is this: how do you distinguish them from homosexual dogs? Conclusion: You'd have to find a MtF 'male dog' being consensually dominated by a female dog, or an FtM 'female dog' consensually dominating a male dog, (last few cases obvious).

See... gender is in great part: societal, cultural. As humans, we posses language and civilization and culture and tradition and the concept of gender and gender roles... to observe something as observationally subtle and nuanced as the gender of a creature... it isn't a very easy thing to do.

One quick scan later, fast answer: no. Hey, a dude on yahoo said it best XD

Yahoo dude Wrote:Cases of animals that display unusual sex characteristics (like the "hen" who ended up looking more like a rooster) are intersex.

Animals like worms that don't have sexual differentiation, or like many species of fish where sexual differentiation regularly changes over time (all members of the species having the potential to act on either end of the reproductive process, and the largest "female" physically changes to become "male" when one is needed) are a different matter entirely. There, we're talking about species that have entirely different sexual make-ups than we do.

Even among higher mammals that are mostly similar to us sexually, it would be impossible to really tell if a given member of the species is "transgender," since that requires a level of conscious social identification that animals don't have.

But if we're going to ascribe human social categories to animals, yes, there are many animals that display very atypical behavior for their physical sex. This includes but is not limited to sexual behavior.

I'd staple 'and self-identification' to that, but then we'll end up with a beastiality thread as I teach the forum an amazing amount about the world they live in Wink

(January 28, 2013 at 4:24 am)Gilgamesh Wrote: [Image: 7540.jpg]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAYL5H46QnQ

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ask me anything FrustratedFool 31 2023 August 30, 2023 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Anyone know anything about smoke detectors? Brian37 37 2065 November 8, 2021 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Do you say anything to anti maskers in public? Brian37 37 2196 January 6, 2021 at 11:51 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Ask me anything Lucanus 41 3982 August 21, 2018 at 8:36 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Are you anything like your parent(s)? Foxaèr 27 2866 July 29, 2018 at 9:52 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Know anything about commerical fire sprinklers? mlmooney89 25 2585 August 25, 2016 at 9:45 am
Last Post: mlmooney89
  Sex with a transsexual. paulpablo 117 10950 July 3, 2016 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Ask a turtely turtle/Ask Evie Edwardo Piet 5 1708 December 19, 2015 at 2:55 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Does Your Avatar Look Anything Like You? Rhondazvous 103 15590 August 30, 2015 at 6:24 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*
  is there anything attractive about a gamer? MusicLovingAtheist 27 3021 September 30, 2014 at 7:36 am
Last Post: Little lunch