Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 6:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disabled Gay teen burned alive at a BDAY party, perp gets 3years?
Disabled Gay teen burned alive at a BDAY party, perp gets 3years?
WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK???!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/23...ostpopular

A young British man has been convicted of manslaughter after killing a gay teen by setting him on fire.

The BBC reports that 20-year-old Jordan Sheard has been sentenced to three and a half years in jail for the death of Steven Simpson after pleading guilty to manslaughter charges. Simpson, 18, died one day after sustaining "significant burns" in June 2012, according to the report.

impson had Asperger's syndrome, a speech impairment and epilepsy, the Yorkshire Post noted. The teen had reportedly been dared to strip down to his underpants before being doused in tanning oil, after which Sheard set him aflame at the party. Other reports said that anti-gay messages, including "gay boy" and "I love d*ck," had been found scrawled across Simpson's body.

"This was a cruel case of bullying based on Steven’s sexuality and disability," Warburton is quoted as saying. "While we accept Jordan did not intend to kill Steven, his actions did lead to his death."
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
RE: Disabled Gay teen burned alive at a BDAY party, perp gets 3years?
Three years? That's all? It makes me sad, because it is as though society is basically stating he did nothing wrong.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Right? I want to know how they think this wasn't infuckingtentional?! Also, this 'young man' was twenty fucking years old.
I'm so pissed off I could hurl.
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

(March 24, 2013 at 12:22 am)missluckie26 Wrote: "This was a cruel case of bullying based on Steven’s sexuality and disability," Warburton is quoted as saying. "While we accept Jordan did not intend to kill Steven, his actions did lead to his death."

So if he didn't think that dousing someone with a flammable fluid and lighting them on fire might kill them, he gets a slap on the wrist. No doubt the next bigoted mouth-breather will think twice before trying to kill a homosexual, seeing as he might face a staggering 42 months in prison. Rolleyes
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
A freak tanning oil fight accident?
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
[Image: double_facepalm.png]

Maybe.

(March 24, 2013 at 12:22 am)missluckie26 Wrote: "This was a cruel case of bullying based on Steven’s sexuality and disability," Warburton is quoted as saying.

More like murder.

(March 24, 2013 at 12:22 am)missluckie26 Wrote: "While we accept Jordan did not intend to kill Steven, his actions did lead to his death."

Right. He doused him with an accellerant and then fucking set him on fire, but he didn't intend to kill him.

I can't decide who's the bigger asshole, the guy who set someone on fire, or the dickhead who's apologizing for his murderous behavior.
(March 24, 2013 at 1:19 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: I can't decide who's the bigger asshole, the guy who set someone on fire, or the dickhead who's apologizing for his murderous behavior.

I was thinking the same thing.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(March 24, 2013 at 1:21 am)Mr Infidel Wrote:
(March 24, 2013 at 1:19 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: I can't decide who's the bigger asshole, the guy who set someone on fire, or the dickhead who's apologizing for his murderous behavior.

I was thinking the same thing.

I dunno, man. All I know is that every time I've set someone on fire intentionally (*), I meant to kill them.

(*) That would be zero times.
The hardest thing with those who have Asperger's is to know when they are being made fun of/ the point of a joke. They initially see the bully as just wanting to be friends.

Anyone having a slight desire to oil up this mr Sheard's groin and set it on fire?
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wyoming Senator gets booed at Commencement. Jehanne 4 665 May 17, 2022 at 11:08 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Republican Party Purge Foxaèr 11 723 April 15, 2021 at 11:27 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Republican Representative compares his party's fight to Imperial Japanese Soldiers Rev. Rye 2 270 November 24, 2020 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: brewer
  UK general election - right wing Conservative party wins large majority Duty 30 1453 December 16, 2019 at 6:12 am
Last Post: Duty
  The Iowa Republican Party platform. Jehanne 14 1414 August 20, 2018 at 9:18 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Refusing service because of political party. brewer 212 30412 July 11, 2018 at 3:18 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  The Green Party, Huh? Minimalist 0 346 March 17, 2018 at 9:36 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  And The Noose Gets A Little Tighter.... Minimalist 0 401 February 15, 2018 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Trump Gets One Right! BrianSoddingBoru4 3 768 January 4, 2018 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Mila Kunis Gets A Big Fat Bucket Of Cool Points BrianSoddingBoru4 0 485 November 3, 2017 at 7:10 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4