Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 10, 2024, 11:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do they know when God is angry?
How do they know when God is angry?
How do religious people know when God is angry, or maybe happy or horny? But they usually claim he is angry.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
RE: How do they know when God is angry?
(August 1, 2022 at 6:44 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: How do religious people know when God is angry, or maybe happy or horny? But they usually claim he is angry.

Because they've dreamed up a God that gets angry about the same things they do. Bloody convenient, innit? 

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 1, 2022 at 6:44 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: How do religious people know when God is angry, or maybe happy or horny? But they usually claim he is angry.

With all the fires and flooding going on it’s clear that if there is a god it’s pissed.

But yet they kiss this god’s ass and thank it for sparing them.

When god sends a hurricane to Tennessee to punish people for opening a gay night-club in Florida, naturally.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
According to the xtians - he only got laid the one time.......

Wouldn' t YOU be pissed off???
(August 1, 2022 at 2:15 pm)GUBU Wrote:

When god sends a hurricane to Tennessee to punish people for opening a gay night-club in Florida, naturally.

When God hides their lighter when they are jonesing for a smoke.
His wife left Him. Now He struggles with us and earth. I bet He is angry.
If natural disasters are the yardstick, Kentuckistan must have really pissed him off.

He stops talking to you. Obviously, God still hasn't gotten over being crucified.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(August 1, 2022 at 9:13 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: If natural disasters are the yardstick, Kentuckistan must have really pissed him off.

I blame The Turtle McConnell.  If there's a god he surely has to be fed up with him.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If there is a God(s) it/they clearly don't want us to believe in them, no? Duty 12 1435 April 5, 2020 at 8:36 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The witness argument (yet again, I know, I know) Mystic 81 11419 August 19, 2018 at 10:43 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Did you know the movies God's Not Dead 1 and 2 did well at Box Office? Renug 12 4501 May 30, 2017 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
Question Why disbelievers believe? They believe in so called “God of the gaps”. theBorg 49 8578 August 27, 2016 at 12:25 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
Video Angry Atheist: Michael Jackson, atheism and religion robvalue 32 5254 March 14, 2016 at 5:28 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Does God know what hell feels like? Psychonaut 20 6302 August 16, 2015 at 1:25 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Can you be angry at "god" and simultaneously disbelieve its existence? Spooky 66 10998 July 18, 2015 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: IanHulett
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 19773 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie
  How to know if your god is a dick Lemonvariable72 2 1053 September 9, 2013 at 1:52 am
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  How do you know God isn't dead? smax 303 165629 June 26, 2013 at 5:18 am
Last Post: Esquilax