Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 2:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Twenty questions for atheists
Twenty questions for atheists
1.Why are you atheist ?

2.How are you became atheist ?

3.Where are you from ?

4.How old are you ?

5.Do you believe in the afterlife (some atheist than I know believe to the afterlife) ? If no , can you explain why ?

6.Did you read all the Bible ? If you read all the bible what biblical canon (catholic , orthodox , protestant etc...) ?

7.Did you read all the Quran ? (Yes I know that for Muslims if you read a translation you don't read the Koran).

8.Did you read an other religious text ? If yes what is it or what are they ?

9.What are yours hobbies ?

10.Can you define the goal of the life ?

11.Sometimes do you think ? I will go in Hell if god does exist.

12.Sometimes do you think that God does exist maybe ?

13.What do you think about people who believe in monotheistic religions ?

14.What do you think about people who believe in polytheistic religions ?

15.What do you think about people who believe in a religion where there are not god(s) ?

16.Do you have an interest about philosophy to have answers about the life ? Can you explain why ?

17.Do you fear to dead ? (I speak in a metaphysical context and about your friends , family etc...).

18.Do you like your life ? If you like your life , why do you like your life. If you don't like your life I would like to know the reason.

19.Do you dream to live in a world where there are not place for the religions ? If yes or no explain please.

20.Do you think that politic is like religion ? Explain why this is not equal or not.
RE: Twenty questions for atheists
One question back to you:

wtf?
1) I see no reason not to be an atheist.
2) About the age of 12 when I realised that religion made no sense.
3) UK
4) 57
5) No, no evidence for it and no way I can think that it could be possible.
6) I read some, can't remember which version. (if the bable is the word of god, how can there be more than one version?)
7) No
8) No
9) Walking, climbing, photography, computers, eating, drinking, sex
10) No
11) No
12) No
13) Deluded
14) Deluded
15) Confused
16) No
17) No (before I was alive I was dead... didn't hurt at all!)
18) Yes, I enjoy my life, it's the only one I will have so I make the most of it.
19) Yes, it would be good for people to face the reality of life and death and be good to each other because they want to be, not because they are afraid of hell.
20) Both are corrupt
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

1. I am an atheist due to the fact that there is, in my opinion, not enough evidence for the existence of one or multiple gods.
2. I did not become an atheist, I was born as one.
3. N.A.
4. N.A.
5. I do not believe in an afterlife due to its logical implications and lack of empirical credibility.
6. No, I have not read the entire Bible.
7. No, I have not read the entire Qu'ran.
8. Yes, I have read the Lunyu.
9. N.A.
10. Yes, I can.
11. No, because I do not believe in the existence of a Hell.
12. There is always a possibility that a god (or multiple gods) exists.
13. I have no particular opinion on them.
14. Ibid.
15. Ibid.
16. I do not have any interest in philosophy if it does not expand our knowledge of the world.
17. I do not fear death.
18. I like my live (I do not feel the need to elaborate this claim).
19. No, I do not dream of a world without religions.
20. I do not think that politics is like religion (cf. definitions in dictionary).
It kinda works if you imagine Borat asking the questions
(April 29, 2013 at 5:12 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: It kinda works if you imagine Borat asking the questions

Well in that case....

I'll just smile, nod and shift my feet awkwardly while looking for the earliest opportunity to head for the door.

Oh, there's that door now.....
Re: Twenty questions for atheists
Just about all of these questions were already answered in their threads that are still current.
1.Why are you atheist ?

Because I don't believe that gods exist.

2.How are you became atheist ?

After thinking through and examining my faith I call myself on my bullshit.

3.Where are you from ?

Finland.

4.How old are you ?

24. I think.. I've lost count.

5.Do you believe in the afterlife (some atheist than I know believe to the afterlife) ? If no , can you explain why ?

No, I don't. The only thing that's certain is death, if and in that case what happens after is pure speculation.

6.Did you read all the Bible ? If you read all the bible what biblical canon (catholic , orthodox , protestant etc...) ?

Too much of it. I read one of the Swedish versions.

7.Did you read all the Quran ? (Yes I know that for Muslims if you read a translation you don't read the Koran).

Nope.

8.Did you read an other religious text ? If yes what is it or what are they ?

Some Norse mythology, Kalevala and others.

9.What are yours hobbies ?

I play the piano, read, draw, play RPGs and am active in a lodge.

10.Can you define the goal of the life ?

No, because the goal of life is personal. What I want from my life is not what everyone else would necessarily want.

11.Sometimes do you think ? I will go in Hell if god does exist.

Never. That thought doesn't bother me at all.

12.Sometimes do you think that God does exist maybe ?

No.

13.What do you think about people who believe in monotheistic religions ?

14.What do you think about people who believe in polytheistic religions ?

15.What do you think about people who believe in a religion where there are not god(s) ?

I judge the person, not the faith.

16.Do you have an interest about philosophy to have answers about the life ? Can you explain why ?

Philosophy is fun at times, but quite useless.

17.Do you fear to dead ? (I speak in a metaphysical context and about your friends , family etc...).

No, I do not fear death.

18.Do you like your life ? If you like your life , why do you like your life. If you don't like your life I would like to know the reason.

I am content with my life. Sure, there will always be small nuisances pestering me, e.g. too little money, but I have a loving family, fantastic friends, a job I love and meaningful hobbies, so life doesn't get much better than that for me.

19.Do you dream to live in a world where there are not place for the religions ? If yes or no explain please.

I honor freedom of religion, as long as people can respect me not having one.

20.Do you think that politic is like religion ? Explain why this is not equal or not.

No, hopefully not. Religion is based on fantasy when politics (should be!) based on facts.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Seen as I have nothing better to do...

(April 29, 2013 at 4:44 pm)viocjit Wrote: 1.Why are you atheist ?

Because any other position on god is irrational.

Quote:2.How are you became atheist ?

I was born one.

Quote:3.Where are you from ?

Jamaica.

Quote:4.How old are you ?

Quote:5.Do you believe in the afterlife (some atheist than I know believe to the afterlife) ? If no , can you explain why ?

No, and no.

Quote:6.Did you read all the Bible ? If you read all the bible what biblical canon (catholic , orthodox , protestant etc...) ?

I've read bits. I found it rather boring and written in a quite nonsensical manner.

Quote:7.Did you read all the Quran ? (Yes I know that for Muslims if you read a translation you don't read the Koran).

Nope

Quote:8.Did you read an other religious text ? If yes what is it or what are they ?

J.R.R. Tolkein's Lord of the Rings trilogy.

I thought they were pretty epic.

Quote:9.What are yours hobbies ?

Eating, fucking and sleeping.

Quote:10.Can you define the goal of the life ?

To shag a 10.

Quote:11.Sometimes do you think ? I will go in Hell if god does exist.

No, that would be retarded.

Quote:12.Sometimes do you think that God does exist maybe ?

I ask myself the question sure, and it is a possibility that some supernatural being may exist. But the chances of that being the case are so slim there's really no point me putting any stock into the idea.

Quote:13.What do you think about people who believe in monotheistic religions ?

They're either willfully ignorant morons or misled people.

Quote:14.What do you think about people who believe in polytheistic religions ?

They're nuts.

Quote:15.What do you think about people who believe in a religion where there are not god(s) ?

They sound like philosobabblers.

Quote:16.Do you have an interest about philosophy to have answers about the life ? Can you explain why ?

Kinda.

Philosophy is really mostly just a waste of time. An interesting waste of time granted, but still a waste of time.

I'm content to let science do its thang.

Quote:17.Do you fear to dead ? (I speak in a metaphysical context and about your friends , family etc...).

If you're asking if I'm afraid of being dead. Hell no.

I'm scared of dying though, hopefully I reach the grand old age of 850 and die peacefully in my bed.

Quote:18.Do you like your life ? If you like your life , why do you like your life. If you don't like your life I would like to know the reason.

Ofcourse I like my life. What kind of retarded question is this. Think of all the things I can enjoy every second. If you need to have it explained why life is awesome then frankly you suck at living.

Quote:19.Do you dream to live in a world where there are not place for the religions ? If yes or no explain please.

Yes, hopefully I won't have to answer retarded people on internet forums.

Well maybe I still will, it's pretty fun I guess.

Quote:20.Do you think that politic is like religion ? Explain why this is not equal or not.

No.

Because definitions...

Okay, if you couldn't guess from those 20 questions, I was thinking of a penis.
(April 29, 2013 at 5:31 pm)Napoléon Wrote: To shag a 10.

You know, you only need to ask Wink Shades

When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2206 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  A couple of questions for atheists robvalue 60 10940 January 6, 2015 at 9:57 am
Last Post: Regina
  Let's answer CARM's Questions for Atheists Dolorian 89 19792 September 17, 2014 at 7:00 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  I have a few questions to atheists, before I become one. IntelligentPlanet 66 11870 March 18, 2014 at 1:11 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  A few questions to atheists JesusLover1 26 5061 February 28, 2014 at 9:12 pm
Last Post: Brakeman
  Only Twenty? Max_Kolbe 55 14291 November 2, 2013 at 11:45 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  9 Questions That Atheists Might Find Insulting Raven 13 6100 June 5, 2013 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Top Ten Creationist Arguments (Technically Twenty). chasm 7 2448 August 12, 2010 at 3:16 pm
Last Post: leo-rcc