Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Look what I found!
Look what I found!
http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/foru...ic=48938.0

I am an admin at AF.com and I found this funny. What's even better, is that they mention AF.org as well at the end!
RE: Look what I found!
I can't see that right now because I'm still at work, but I think I read that thread before. Is it the one where a guy shows up at OC bragging how he schooled the atheists, and the OCs take him to task for being embarassing to Christians?

I'll give the Orthodox Christians some credit: they tend to be better-than-average logic choppers and don't settle for weak sauce.
Hehhe, that was a fun read, thanks for sharing. Kudos to most of the participants in the thread though, they seemed to be quite sensible people. Smile
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Lulz. I wish some of those more logical posters would jump on here, they seem to be able to argue pretty well. Although one statement, "Just because you lost an argument doesn't make Christianity untrue." makes me roll my eyes a little. Of course reason can always be trumped by faith.
Thinking
That guy Ebor should be invited over.

Quote:"Just because you lost an argument doesn't make Christianity untrue."

Now, wait a moment. The guy has a point. It's untrue regardless...has nothing to do with a silly internet debate.
AF.com is indeed a very anti religious site. Unless the religious offender is a poe who enjoys one sided arguments. Because the Mods over there do indeed restrict and ban anyone who dares speak unashamedly for God and the bible.

AF.com is a members only club of like minded believers who expel anyone who does not want to stand in a circle, and please each others "pride" for the purpose of reinforcing what you all already want to believe. If you or anyone else over there want an unrestricted opportunity to go head up with someone with an opposing POV, who does not have to construct their argument to fit a very narrow window of acceptance, to comply with rules that only apply when heavy hitter atheists are striking out.. then know the "good people" @ AF.org will be happy to provide an actual venue that promotes truly free thought no matter the outcome.

That said from what I was able to read that guy was a troll and Good job on "Ban Hammering Him" (If that is still a thing/A Year ago it was and that is what happened to me. Same name and avatar.) When I was bann everything was stricken from the web site. Every thread and every post I made on other peoples threads was erased. Is that normal on your web site?

Before you assume I am cut from the same cloth as the guy you started this thread about, know that every single topic I discussed over there was discussed here (till the members here had enough or I had enough.) I say that to say The .org version of this website is the real deal, and even though that guy was an obvious troll, He was right. You guys censor a lot if not all unfavoriable material. more so than a Christian forum typically would.

If/when you think your ready for a real Uncensored Atheist/Christian discussion, then simply start a thread (preferably in question form) Here on AF.org
Ban hammering only occurs with spammers. I wasn't around to see this guy unfortunately. I am the programmer for the site... I take care of the back-end system functions and php structure.

PS the site crashed due to a serious SQL error, our database was recovered, but was relocated. It is likely that your threads were moved to the archive.

PS PS: I've located your threads. You went 162 posts before getting banned. There are lengthy discussions in Atheistforums.com/archive I briefly went through them but don't have time to read all of your posts. I'll take a look later
(May 24, 2013 at 5:14 pm)Praetorian Wrote: Lulz. I wish some of those more logical posters would jump on here, they seem to be able to argue pretty well. Although one statement, "Just because you lost an argument doesn't make Christianity untrue." makes me roll my eyes a little. Of course reason can always be trumped by faith.

That's one way to read it. The other is as saying even if you yourself are not up to the task of making a more convincing case than a particular disputant, doesn't mean that there is no better case to be made.

But I agree with the sentiment. They do sound like very reasonable people.
Man, AF.com must be really in trouble if an admin and a mod from there comes over to .org.
What's going on over there?
As for the troll, well, we could live without them, but they won't let us... every month, there's a new one.
(May 25, 2013 at 10:13 am)wolf39us Wrote: Ban hammering only occurs with spammers. I wasn't around to see this guy unfortunately. I am the programmer for the site... I take care of the back-end system functions and php structure.

PS the site crashed due to a serious SQL error, our database was recovered, but was relocated. It is likely that your threads were moved to the archive.

PS PS: I've located your threads. You went 162 posts before getting banned. There are lengthy discussions in Atheistforums.com/archive I briefly went through them but don't have time to read all of your posts. I'll take a look later

He was banned for being an idiot.

If you read through his posts here, nothing's changed.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How we found out Evolution is true fredd bear 38 2787 March 26, 2019 at 4:23 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  C'mon, Look At All This Stuff That's Real YahwehIsTheWay 66 12701 December 28, 2018 at 9:38 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Just Look at all Those Fulfilled Prophecies! YahwehIsTheWay 37 5745 December 6, 2018 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Look! Nothing! YahwehIsTheWay 1 524 November 30, 2018 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  A look into the mindset of an Evangelical Trumptard drfuzzy 10 1588 October 12, 2018 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
Question Why do you people say there is no evidence,when you can't be bothered to look for it? Jaguar 74 20262 November 5, 2017 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  I've found God? ScienceAf 120 27214 October 8, 2017 at 12:30 pm
Last Post: brewer
  So, what would an actual 'biblical' flood look like ?? vorlon13 64 14629 August 30, 2017 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  St. Columba's hut found Foxaèr 43 13937 July 13, 2017 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: FatAndFaithless
  If they found Jesus' turd what would they do with it? Fake Messiah 64 7080 August 26, 2016 at 4:40 pm
Last Post: Losty