Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 4:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Campaign for a debate between Arcanus & Christopher Hitchens!!!
Campaign for a debate between Arcanus & Christopher Hitchens!!!
Seriously, this would be the coolest debate ever. Arcanus (forum member and Christian) vs. Hitchens (atheist, drunk, generally awesome guy).

Now who wouldn't want to see these two articulate and logical debaters take up podiums opposite one another and debate philosophy for hours on end?

Who's with me???
RE: Campaign for a debate between Arcanus & Christopher Hitchens!!!
I give it a hellllll yeaaaahhhh! Arcanus is definitely a worthy opponent imo! Big Grin
The dark side awaits YOU...AngryAtheism
"Only the dead have seen the end of war..." - Plato
“Those who wish to base their morality literally on the Bible have either not read it or not understood it...” - Richard Dawkins
I'm with you.

And LOL @ "Drunk" Hitch said in an interview that he believes there's no such thing as an alcholic! lol

Yeah that would be...interesting lol.

What is Hitches stance on religious "philosophy" though? I've only seen him ridicule religion! lol Smile And point out the fallacies of his opponents of course. Wait! That's all that's required probably - pointing out the fallacies!

EvF
I'd fund the campaign. Seriously, I wouldn't know who to put my money on in such an event.
Arcanus wouldn't last more than two cigarettes!!
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
More power to Hitchens!
The dark side awaits YOU...AngryAtheism
"Only the dead have seen the end of war..." - Plato
“Those who wish to base their morality literally on the Bible have either not read it or not understood it...” - Richard Dawkins
Arcanus will have his hands full trying to reverse the counterattack I'm about to lay down... Smile But I'm sure Hitchens would do it within a cigarette... It is taking me 4 weeks Blush
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(September 16, 2009 at 1:22 pm)LukeMC Wrote: I'd fund the campaign. Seriously, I wouldn't know who to put my money on in such an event.

Put it on Arcanus and I'll start a book [Image: Smiley_wink.gif]
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Titled, "People bet on the Dumbest Things"?

Joke
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
I think the strongest opponent I've ever seen against atheism is Jeremy Paxman vs Richard Dawkins the opposition is that weak. It'd certainly be good to see proper opposition.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If you had to pick between people who pimp prostitutes vs religious people Woah0 22 1953 August 28, 2022 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Study finds link between brain damage and fundamentalism drfuzzy 13 4087 May 16, 2017 at 3:46 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Christopher Hitchen's birthday! Gawdzilla Sama 9 2373 April 14, 2017 at 2:10 am
Last Post: AceBoogie
  Where to Debate Theists? Cephus 27 5868 April 13, 2017 at 8:51 pm
Last Post: Nanny
  Hitchens, Dawkins, Hawking, Ehrman, Coin, Sagan: Where are the Woman? Rhondazvous 44 4250 January 14, 2017 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  Has the Atheism vs. Theism debate played it's course? MJ the Skeptical 49 10777 August 12, 2016 at 8:43 am
Last Post: MJ the Skeptical
  Long before Hitchens/Dawkins/Harris...... Brian37 3 1746 March 25, 2016 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The flame between two darknesses: A celebration of reality FebruaryOfReason 10 4625 March 23, 2016 at 5:53 pm
Last Post: FebruaryOfReason
  Your favorite Atheist Theist Debate? Nuda900 11 4055 February 28, 2016 at 8:08 pm
Last Post: abaris
  A great atheist debate video. Jehanne 0 1182 February 14, 2016 at 12:04 am
Last Post: Jehanne