Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Local Foods
Local Foods
I was getting off topic in another thread. So I thought we needed one for local foods.
What are your favorite local foods? Is there anything that you can only find where you live? Any crazy family recipes?

I'm in Mississippi. We have lots of "Southern" food.
Cornbread, okra, Lima beans, Black eyed peas, Chow chow.
My family has a recipe that noone knows where it came from. We have never found it anywhere but in the family. We call in Banana salad. Eggs, vinegar, sugar. Its a sauce. It is odd and amazing.

Please share your foodie favorites.
RE: Local Foods
We have some of the best peaches in the world in Palisade, Colorado. The area is also becoming known for fantastic wines and vineyards. I'm not much of a wine guy myself, but I love me some peaches!
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Einstein
mmm... peach pie. I'm a big fan of peach pie. Well, any pie. I love pie. O Pecans! We have pecan groves everywhere.
(June 14, 2013 at 12:43 pm)Savannahw Wrote: Chow chow

You eat dog?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chow_Chow
The only thing I am aware of being famous in my area are the oranges.

If I was back up north where I was born, it would be seafood.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chow-chow
I've been to New York, I've been to Chicago, I've been to Italy, but the best pizza I know of can be delivered right to my doorstep from a local join in my town. Fucking delicious stuff, it's run by a bunch of Indian Muslims who really know how to make some good fucking pizza.
freedomfromfallacy » I'm weighing my tears to see if the happy ones weigh the same as the sad ones.
We have this really unique restaurant here.

It's this place called Sonic and you don't even have to get out of your car! I shit you not. They'll bring the food right out to you.

You guys need to come visit sometime and check this shit out. Crazy.
Dungeness crab. We have it, you don't, keep your paws off.

Big Grin
Michigan isn't known for its food. We have the cherries from Traverse City, and that's about it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Local incidents from the 4th weekend. brewer 11 808 July 6, 2021 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Big trouble in little China? Local thing here. Brian37 13 2569 October 23, 2017 at 6:07 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Your local killers. paulpablo 31 6984 July 15, 2017 at 8:28 am
Last Post: Brian37
  I'm looking for good recipe ideas for the foods that I usually buy from the store WisdomOfTheTrees 1 740 February 5, 2017 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Hot sauces, spices and foods AceBoogie 39 4484 February 3, 2017 at 11:00 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  What are your favorite foods? BrokenQuill92 33 5041 July 26, 2015 at 12:47 pm
Last Post: Marsellus Wallace
  What are the best BBQ foods ever? Let's make the perfect barbecue. H2O 72 9672 June 30, 2015 at 2:32 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  At your local dog park. Whateverist 18 5670 February 23, 2014 at 3:01 pm
Last Post: ElleBelle
Smile Traditional Christmas foods and drinks? Tea Earl Grey Hot 5 1658 December 23, 2012 at 12:54 am
Last Post: Faith No More
  Stewart and Cobert not on my local channel Brian37 25 7926 May 28, 2012 at 12:09 am
Last Post: Minimalist