Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keeping God in schools
Keeping God in schools
I recall the debate that was going on between G-C and others regarding an increase in violence being the cause of God's removal from school, but I cannot remember what thread it was in.

Therefore, I decided to create this thread in relation to that topic. Christians are fond of claiming many unreasonable things, one of the big ones being that violence would not be so prevalent if God was still in schools.

We should already know and understand the separation of church and state to ensure constitutional rights, so I will not go that route.

Rather, I thought I would mention something so logical it would indeed take an irrational mind to discredit it. Of course, that has never stopped the theists in the past. After all, faith is irrational, and anything to support their irrational beliefs is basically fair game to them.

I digress, however.

If keeping God in school decreases violence, then why are there so many cases of child molestation in Church where God supposedly resides?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Keeping God in schools
You'll find xtians are full of shit about almost everything.

Besides, how could a "god" be evicted from anywhere by mere mortals?
If you want to refute this "less god=more violence" thing, just remind the person saying it of the kinds of violence one used to get in christian theocracies. Or hell, just look back at some stories in the bible; maximum god doesn't decrease violence at all.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
This is what happens when you bring religion into schools!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anders_Behring_Breivik
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!
I do not think God in any public forum prevents anything. God must be prevelant in the hearts of the people who attend those public forums to affect any change.
Wut. So atheists can't affect any change?
(June 20, 2013 at 8:56 am)Drich Wrote: I do not think God in any public forum prevents anything. God must be prevelant in the hearts of the people who attend those public forums to affect any change.

Oh, I gotcha. Like Tinkerbell.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(June 20, 2013 at 9:11 am)Psykhronic Wrote: Wut. So atheists can't affect any change?

not the purposed change being discussed no.
You mean... less violence? Removing God from schools? Keeping God in schools? I'm pretty sure these all affect atheists (and everyone for that matter), why should they/we be kept from the discussion/change?
And yet we do it all the time, Drich. What a typically condescending to say. But then, you're Christian; that's expected from the fully grown adults who still believe in a santa claus in the clouds, is for them to be like a 10 year old telling a grown adult how the world works; completely full of shit and up their own ass with nothing to show for it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  South Dakota Schools required to have "In God We Trust" on their walls Cecelia 16 1757 July 29, 2019 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  I thought your god was keeping you safe rado84 331 29327 April 25, 2019 at 1:07 am
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  Who Manufactured the Scandal of Sexual Abuse in the Public Schools? Whateverist 1 1532 June 17, 2015 at 6:46 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Florida schools ban Bibles Mister Agenda 19 3268 February 27, 2015 at 10:24 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Working to put "church" in public schools Foxaèr 6 1435 January 20, 2015 at 9:10 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Billion + believe in Satan. Should all schools be mandated to teach Creationism? Greatest I am 20 5069 December 2, 2014 at 7:26 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Keeping Portland weird: Evangelizing in strip clubs Jackalope 25 3533 September 26, 2014 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: C4RM5
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 12459 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  discrimination against atheist in christian schools (personal experience) Science it works 15 6049 August 17, 2013 at 8:01 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  God get's angry, Moses changes God's plans of wrath, God regrets "evil" he planned Mystic 9 6705 February 16, 2012 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Strongbad