Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 8:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Holy Roman Empire......
The Holy Roman Empire......
and what it actually gave the planet.

I have just finished going through this series of documentaries and thought it would be interesting for our members. We haven't seen anything like this here in Oz YET but it does give an interesting insight into just how the Holy Roman Empire/ Catholic church came to be......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSuizSkHpxI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lnt9qvDRYg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q00SqoAOItE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWiJWY9e8Do.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
RE: The Holy Roman Empire......
Naturally the BBC block it here... Which makes perfect sense.
(June 20, 2013 at 5:28 am)Insanity x Wrote: Naturally the BBC block it here... Which makes perfect sense.
Hm, interesting, I'm behind a proxy located in Manchester and still they block me... how does that work?
"Men see clearly enough the barbarity of all ages — except their own!" — Ernest Crosby.
(June 20, 2013 at 5:54 am)littleendian Wrote: Hm, interesting, I'm behind a proxy located in Manchester and still they block me... how does that work?

Well its blocked in the UK. So you would probably have more luck with a proxy that's not in the UK.
(June 20, 2013 at 7:27 am)Insanity x Wrote: Well its blocked in the UK. So you would probably have more luck with a proxy that's not in the UK.
Okay, then I don't understand why the BBC blocks traffic from WITHIN the UK... at least with the iPlayer content etc. it's exactly the other way around... or am I confused?
"Men see clearly enough the barbarity of all ages — except their own!" — Ernest Crosby.
(June 20, 2013 at 5:28 am)Insanity x Wrote: Naturally the BBC block it here... Which makes perfect sense.

Oh dear Undecided I am sorry Insanity X.

So essentially you are saying that the BBC are blocking a documentary from the EU but not from the backwaters of civilisation like OZ ?

Weird!
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
The holy Roman Empire was the first Reich, the kaisers empire was the second the third was .........well you know the rest

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Oh my Goooooooooooood!!!

I was fed this bullshit in history lessons as a kid until I vomited it all accross the desks.

I find no period in human history more boring.

No empire in human history was soooo much not an empire.

no nation on earth ever had such a complicated and weird system of governance.

when the US was founded the founding athers actualy took the Holy Roman Empire as the worst case example of how a nation could be.

I am greatfull that Napoleon smashed it into pieces.
But Napoleon didn't

THAT'S the problem. As long as there is a pope there is the Holy Roman Empire Undecided

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The problem with "Holy Places". onlinebiker 28 2346 March 8, 2020 at 3:16 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Gender of Holy Spirit TwoKnives99 31 4684 November 17, 2018 at 2:10 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Why We don't take your Holy Scriptures Seriously vulcanlogician 75 7739 October 25, 2018 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  First Holy Communion (reflections) vulcanlogician 39 5706 May 13, 2018 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Finding the holy grail ignoramus 3 1023 May 4, 2018 at 8:25 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  How can you explain the miracle of the Holy Fire? Thracian 42 10861 April 23, 2018 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: Astreja
Music Are the holy angels like the time-cops? theBorg 150 18622 October 11, 2016 at 3:54 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  The Holy Horseshit...No Matter Who Wrote It...Is The Problem Minimalist 7 4026 December 12, 2015 at 1:14 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  The Holy Trinity Does Make Sense. paulpablo 0 1309 November 20, 2014 at 7:10 am
Last Post: paulpablo
  The monopoly manual and holy books. Lemonvariable72 23 4514 November 18, 2014 at 10:00 am
Last Post: JonDarbyXIII