Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions to ask a Morman
Questions to ask a Mormon
I have a mormon visiting me later on today and I was wondering if anyone had some good questions I could ask them.
I would prefer if they didn't require a detailed knowledge of Mormonism and that they were good enough to perhaps stump him or at least make him think hard.
I am an atheist and I want to be able to pose him questions about his faith that he will need to work hard to explain.
Thanks in advance
Daniel.
RE: Questions to ask a Morman
Personally, I'd ask them to leave.

Trouble is, what ever you ask them they've heard it all before and have all their inane answers ready that they'll deliver to you with that pastic, oh so very sincere, smile..

I suppose you could ask why God created faulty humans and then punishes them for his own mistakes, or, you could ask them why, if they don't believe in any of the other worlds religions throughout the history of mankind, why anyone should think theirs is any different.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
I usually tell them I'd be happy to discuss their religion with them. However they must demonstrate a God exists in the first place and then we can move on on how they determined it is the God of Christianity.

If they pull out a banana, I shut the door on them, however nine out of ten times they spout all that TAG stuff. I let them finish, give them the bullshit "WoW! That makes sense! There is something transcendal."

Then I ask them to explain the path they took to get from 'something' to the conscience, personal, creator Christian God.

Not unlike here on these boards, that is where the discussion usually ends.
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
I don't get those kinda people visiting us door-to-door here. I guess I'm lucky that way. Tongue
The dark side awaits YOU...AngryAtheism
"Only the dead have seen the end of war..." - Plato
“Those who wish to base their morality literally on the Bible have either not read it or not understood it...” - Richard Dawkins
RE: Questions to ask a Mormon
At first glance I thought this thread was titled 'Questions to as a Moron'. Then I saw it said Mormon and laughed because I thought to myself 'what's the difference'. Sorry, forgive me I haven't been up that long and I'm only on my second cup of coffee. I don't know much about Mormons except for that episode of South Park so I can't help. I just couldn't resist. More coffee please.
binnyCoffee
RE: Questions to ask a Mormon
(September 20, 2009 at 12:38 pm)binny Wrote: At first glance I thought this thread was titled 'Questions to as a Moron'.

LOL cute, Binny Tongue
Hey I just realized there are two identical threads created but in two different sections of the forum o.o perhaps we should delete one of em? Smile
“Those who wish to base their morality literally on the Bible have either not read it or not understood it...” - Richard Dawkins
Looks like you're stumped Danny! Sad

I know they hide the reality of Mormonism until you're quite far in. Superficially (and the way they present it) it appears to be straight Christianity - so any of those classic refutations will match nicely here.

Joseph Smith apparently liked to wander in the woods collecting wild mushrooms. Amazingly he was handed his golden plate messages from god on one such walk. Go figure. (The plates inexplicably dissapeared of course)

Apparently (IIRC) the book of mormon is quite hard to come by. Each copy is registered and is supposed to be accounted for.

Mormonism would also be a good match for any sci fi nuts out there as I understand it.
I'm sorry, but as South Park clearly stated, the Mormon's had it right.

We're all going to hell. Devil
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
(September 20, 2009 at 1:03 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: Apparently (IIRC) the book of mormon is quite hard to come by. Each copy is registered and is supposed to be accounted for.
Amazon says otherwise...
Seems to be a whole range of Mormon books...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why people afraid to ask questions about their beliefs? Torin 21 4478 August 13, 2016 at 1:08 am
Last Post: robvalue