Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
40 awkward Questions To Ask A Christian
Wink 
40 awkward Questions To Ask A Christian
http://thomasswan.hubpages.com/hub/40-Qu...-Christian
[Image: oie_24131128_CIMC84_Qv.jpg]
Sometimes I Pretend To Be Normal,But It Gets Boring. So I go Back to Being Me.
RE: 40 awkward Questions To Ask A Christian
I always found this one compelling:

Quote:If God is all-knowing, why do holy books describe him as surprised or angered by the actions of humans? He should have known what was going to happen.

10 Now the word of the Lord came to Samuel, saying, 11 “I greatly regret that I have set up Saul as king, for he has turned back from following Me, and has not performed My commandments.”

1 Sam. 15

"God" does come across as something of a schmuck for not foreseeing how things would turn out. Doesn't do much for the idea of "all-knowing" does it?
I like this one:

Quote:An all-knowing God can read your mind, so why does he require you to demonstrate your faith by worshiping him?

I'll use this one the next time my wife asks me to go to church with her. The same question could also be asked about prayer. If God can read your mind and knows what you need, why is prayer necessary?
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(July 16, 2013 at 12:57 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: I like this one:

Quote:An all-knowing God can read your mind, so why does he require you to demonstrate your faith by worshiping him?

I'll use this one the next time my wife asks me to go to church with her. The same question could also be asked about prayer. If God can read your mind and knows what you need, why is prayer necessary?

Well, you can't expect him to alter his divine plan if you don't ask, right?
Just make sure to only ask once, because god already knows what you need and he ain't got time for no jibba jabba.

Quote:Matthew 6:7 And when you are praying, do not use meaningless repetition as the Gentiles do, for they suppose that they will be heard for their many words. 8 So do not be like them; for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(July 16, 2013 at 12:57 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: If God can read your mind and knows what you need, why is prayer necessary?

Because it's not enough for god to know what you want. You have to beg him for it, too.

He's petty like that.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Quote:Matthew 6:7 And when you are praying, do not use meaningless repetition as the Gentiles do, for they suppose that they will be heard for their many words. 8 So do not be like them; for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him.

Lots of Catholics need to see this. I guarantee you that most of them know the Lord's prayer ("Our Father") and the Hail Mary, and often recite rosaries, but probably have absolutely no idea what the prayers themselves actually mean.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(July 16, 2013 at 12:57 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: I like this one:

Unlike the relationship you have with your wife, God wants to hear from us, that's how relationships work.

(July 16, 2013 at 1:09 pm)Faith No More Wrote:
(July 16, 2013 at 12:57 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: If God can read your mind and knows what you need, why is prayer necessary?

Because it's not enough for god to know what you want. You have to beg him for it, too.

He's petty like that.

Scriptures say that begging has no place in prayer, faith is what God desires, faith is the opposite of begging you know.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
So, there's no need to pray for anything?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I promise if you retype/C&P these questions I will answer them.

-OR-
If you are anyone else has one they want answered then just type that one out.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 88828 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  The most awkward conversation ever Cod 76 5137 April 3, 2019 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  questions for a christian lighthouse 43 8404 January 17, 2017 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Christian answering questions. Cherubim 541 49157 May 17, 2016 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Christian answering questions too! PETE_ROSE 237 33351 May 10, 2016 at 5:19 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  General questions about the Christian idea of God and love Mudhammam 148 26511 October 2, 2014 at 9:16 am
Last Post: Tonus
  10 Questions Every Christian Needs To Answer. Whateverist 63 13877 August 6, 2014 at 2:55 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Yet more christian logic: christian sues for not being given a job she refuses to do. Esquilax 21 7404 July 20, 2014 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: ThomM
  Relationships - Christian and non-Christian way Ciel_Rouge 6 6325 August 21, 2012 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: frankiej
  Ask the Christian CriticalThinker 49 13335 March 6, 2012 at 10:17 pm
Last Post: Epimethean