Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did God fire an Angel or Did an Angel just quit?
Did God fire an Angel or Did an Angel just quit?
It's funny the way I've heard this story told. I'm reminded of a scene in the movie Waiting. A waiter that feels unfulfilled by his position in the resaurant, approaches his manager. He informs his manager that he will be resigning his position. The manager, feeling angry and rejected, turns to rage when he yells "Well, you're fired!", the waiter looks puzzled and says "But, I just quit". The manager says "No. No...Here's what happened, you walked in here, and...Uh, YOU'RE FIRED!"

The story of Satan is all too often portrayed in the same way. Hilarious!

[Image: God-toon_zps829972a0.jpg?t=1373985923]
RE: Did God fire an Angel or Did an Angel just quit?
Maybe Satan is actually the good guy, leading a rag tag revolution against a celestial tyrant? Perhaps he knows it's a desperate struggle but his conscience drives him to take the risk. After all, we never get to hear his side of the story. All we hear is the propaganda from the ruling government that he's evil and wants all the power for himself. Isn't that what we'd expect from a dictator and how he would paint one of his generals who moved against him? That's all we'd hear from King George if we only got his story on Washington. That's what we did find Hitler had to say about Stauffenberg, the general who tried to kill him.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
When the primitive goatfuckers who wrote the OT decided that their god needed an "opponent" they clumsily wrote one into the story secure in the knowledge that if anyone pointed out the stupidity of the tale they could have him stoned to death for blasphemy?
It's funny, Satan sounds like the better guy in the story. A guy who doesn't want to sit down and have to worship and serve a god. He does things his own way. A bit of a badass, if I must say.

Perhaps Isaiah was meant as a lesson to children to always obey and never go against the grain. Sounds like communism. CHRISTIANITY IS COMMUNIST!!!!!!!!!!
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

The craziest part of all, in the story, Satan is in God's presence!...And he's still not sold! Lol...Even if you see him, and listen to him babble, you still want to reject Him! All this according to the book that supports Him! Ha ha ha ha..Silly fuckers.

P.S.
I apologize about the shitty quality of the drawing. I drew it on my tablet pretty hastily yesterday when the thought dawned on me to make a thread about it. Don't judge my tablet hand-writing skills! It gets the point across.
(July 16, 2013 at 12:20 pm)Texas Sailor Wrote: The craziest part of all, in the story, Satan is in God's presence!...And he's still not sold!

Not just that, other angels abandoned heaven as well, even though they must have been aware of Satan's defiance and the judgment that was threatened against him. The funny part being that many of them left because they found earth women to be attractive. You can imagine the conversation:

Angel1: Yo, me and some of the other guys are going down to Earth.
Angel2: You... you're leaving heaven???
Angel1: You call this heaven? Take a look, bro!
Angel2: Whoa, are those...
Angel1: Damn right. If this is heaven, how come THEY got all the pussy?
Angel2: Fuck yeah, we outta here. Hand me that 40, yo.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
This thread just made me realize that the story of the Fallen Angel from his point of view would make for great fiction.

I call dibs, bitches.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
We could collaborate.

The 1/3rd part fits nicely with my rebel-with-a-cause depiction of Satan. One group of angels join the revolution. One group sells out to support the dictator hoping to be rewarded. One group remains in Heaven out of fear of the dictator and just doesn't want to get involved.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
Hell yes, we could. I'd have to read and familiarize myself with the story more first, but I'd think it'd make a great tale.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(July 16, 2013 at 1:22 pm)Faith No More Wrote: This thread just made me realize that the story of the Fallen Angel from his point of view would make for great fiction.

Is it not already called Satanism?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Angel of Death.... ronedee 14 1812 September 29, 2020 at 6:19 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  angel story video form Drich 107 10107 April 23, 2020 at 11:30 am
Last Post: Drich
  lying angel - silly ol' Gabriel - just musings drfuzzy 13 1966 December 24, 2017 at 8:53 pm
Last Post: Banned
  Did God just admit to his followers that he's a psychopath? IanHulett 42 8162 May 24, 2015 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: Sappho
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 12238 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  [split] Better reasons to quit Christianity radorth 10 5104 April 7, 2013 at 7:33 pm
Last Post: ThomM
  Gold dust, manna, angel feathers, gems, rainbows and gold appearing in a church near you. Ziploc Surprise 9 6028 December 20, 2012 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: Ziploc Surprise
  Evil Mutant Angel Giants frogger6 9 5054 September 27, 2012 at 4:34 am
Last Post: frogger6
Smile Better reasons to quit Christianity spockrates 462 301054 September 9, 2012 at 4:48 am
Last Post: Phish
  An encounter with an angel... Or not. FallentoReason 61 19936 July 8, 2012 at 6:58 pm
Last Post: Epimethean