Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
belief
belief
"i believe gods exist, but can't prove it"
"i do not believe gods exist, but can't prove it"

the word believe in this context is synonymous with conclusion and the words 'can't prove it' just means without experimental means.

hypothesis: oranges are (not) real

experiment: dont' got one

conclusion: oranges are (not) real

atheism = theism = jumping to conclusions = dogmatism

agnostic is to admit that you and I do not know, intelligence.
RE: belief
So.... what is an agnostic christian?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnostic_theism
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?...239AASQNv2
http://www.amazon.com/The-Christian-Agno...0687069807
(July 20, 2013 at 1:10 pm)christcahinkilla Wrote: "i believe gods exist, but can't prove it"
"i do not believe gods exist, but can't prove it"

the word believe in this context is synonymous with conclusion and the words 'can't prove it' just means without experimental means.

hypothesis: oranges are (not) real

experiment: dont' got one

conclusion: oranges are (not) real

atheism = theism = jumping to conclusions = dogmatism

agnostic is to admit that you and I do not know, intelligence.

This thing has been covered before in 2 different threads of yours, with you refusing to take part in any debate with any forum member and insisting on always beeing right despite counters being given which you ignore.

I will therefor take the liberty to report you for opening a thread that covers the same subject (your ego) again.
Keep peddling that bullshit, perhaps if repeated it enough times it will magically become true, just because you want words to have the meaning your silly head concocts*yawn*
im not saying im right, how can someone who is able to admit they don't know something be accused of trying to be right?

your battle isn't with me it's in your own mind, you refuse to admit you don't and can't know something and get mad at me.

(July 20, 2013 at 1:14 pm)pocaracas Wrote: So.... what is an agnostic christian?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnostic_theism
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?...239AASQNv2
http://www.amazon.com/The-Christian-Agno...0687069807

the same thing, oxymoronic

"I know, but can't prove it so I don't know"

the maturity level is somewhat humiliating and hard to accept though...
(July 20, 2013 at 1:38 pm)christcahinkilla Wrote: im not saying im right, how can someone who is able to admit they don't know something be accused of trying to be right?

your battle isn't with me it's in your own mind, you refuse to admit you don't and can't know something and get mad at me.

I have already admitted what I do know and what I do not know.

All you do in your replies is to spin arround the words of other members to twist their possitions into something it wasnt and to patheticaly let it look like they posted something that you didn`t.

You are constantly insisting on you being right and the rest of the forum being wrong, that is the most simple conclusion to which everyone will come after reading throught the history of your posts.

Now go away!
(July 20, 2013 at 1:38 pm)christcahinkilla Wrote: your battle isn't with me it's in your own mind, you refuse to admit you don't and can't know something and get mad at me.

Battle with you? Oh my, you do think highly of yourself. You and your opinion don't matter enough for anyone to get mad at you. Silly troll.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(July 20, 2013 at 1:38 pm)christcahinkilla Wrote: im not saying im right, how can someone who is able to admit they don't know something be accused of trying to be right?

No one accused you of being right. Or even trying to be right. All you are guilty of is willful ignorance.

You don't know something - you know that you don't know it and accept that you don't know it.

But others do know it. And they are telling you what they know. And instead of learning what they know, you keep on proudly repeating your ignorance.
lol someone knows whether or not god(s) exist?
(July 20, 2013 at 1:46 pm)christcahinkilla Wrote: lol someone knows whether or not god(s) exist?

Why not?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I deal with the belief that maybe... Just maybe... God exists and I'm... Gentle_Idiot 75 6332 November 23, 2022 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Belief in God is a clinic Interaktive 55 5560 April 1, 2019 at 10:55 pm
Last Post: LostLocke
  Is atheism a belief? Agnostico 1023 78152 March 16, 2019 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Catharsis
  Do you know that homeopathy doesn't work, or do you just lack belief that it does? I_am_not_mafia 24 5213 August 25, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Why don't some people understand lack of belief? Der/die AtheistIn 125 22108 April 20, 2018 at 7:15 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Objective morality as a proper basic belief Little Henry 609 160414 July 29, 2017 at 1:02 am
Last Post: Astonished
  A loose “theory” of the dynamics of religious belief Bunburryist 6 1667 August 14, 2016 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: Bunburryist
  Atheism the unscientific belief (part one, two, and three) Little Rik 3049 361663 April 11, 2016 at 8:38 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  Is Lack of Belief the Best You Can Do? Neo-Scholastic 259 36018 April 3, 2016 at 10:56 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Is the Atheism/Theism belief/disbelief a false dichotomy? are there other options? Psychonaut 69 14471 October 5, 2015 at 1:06 pm
Last Post: houseofcantor