Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Blasphemy Day! :D
Happy Blasphemy Day! :D
Today is Blasphemy Day International, which was created to challenge the UN proposition that would prevent people from speaking ill of Islam. September 30th was chosen because it's the anniversary of the original publication of the Danish Cartoon that resulted in riots and attacks on foreign embassies that resulted in deaths.

http://www.examiner.com/x-8776-Boston-At...ernational
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
RE: Happy Blasphemy Day! :D
[Image: BritainDanishEmbassy(1).jpg]

Tsk.. religious nutcases, no doubt.

Happy Blasphemy Day! Tongue May we blaspheme as one!
The dark side awaits YOU...AngryAtheism
"Only the dead have seen the end of war..." - Plato
“Those who wish to base their morality literally on the Bible have either not read it or not understood it...” - Richard Dawkins
Greek: Heireses > heresy = choice.

Pelaguis (an Irish monk in Rome in the 5th Century):
"to be able to do good is the vestibule of virtue and to be able to do evil is the evidence of liberty."
Happy blasphemy day!

Who wants to start writing out a list of blasphemy.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
You're such an FSM Ace Tongue
Blasphemy day.. isn't that what atheists call... a day?
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
LOL same with Christians Leo Big Grin
This (Blasphemy Day) is probably the one and only time you're encouraged to blaspheme and you get a badge for it. lol
The dark side awaits YOU...AngryAtheism
"Only the dead have seen the end of war..." - Plato
“Those who wish to base their morality literally on the Bible have either not read it or not understood it...” - Richard Dawkins
Pink Unicorn you Easter Bunny!!!!
Fr0d0,

HOW DARE YOU! Oh, it's blasphemy day? damn!

Eilonnwy,

I passed your article on to my Facebook friends. My old pastor is one of my friends so I am sure he will be amused! I DID quote the part about its relation to the comics though. I imagine it will allow my Christian friends to understand that I am not targeting THEIR beliefs specifically.

Rhizo

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Blasphemy law in the United States Interaktive 37 3600 February 2, 2020 at 8:00 am
Last Post: Yongy50
  International Blasphemy Rights Day! chimp3 29 3461 September 29, 2018 at 8:10 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  International Blasphemy Day 2017 chimp3 84 20472 September 14, 2017 at 10:54 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  International Blasphemy Day chimp3 153 19627 October 9, 2016 at 4:35 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Do you think political correctness is a new cover for blasphemy? TheMessiah 20 5113 June 10, 2015 at 3:08 pm
Last Post: henryp
  Blasphemy Day Fromper 42 7125 October 1, 2014 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Zidneya
  Indonesian man faces 11 years in prison for blasphemy Ziploc Surprise 2 2083 May 18, 2012 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: Chaostheosis
  Employee Lounge Blasphemy: Tales of a Coffee Cup thesummerqueen 4 2076 September 20, 2011 at 6:37 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  'Blasphemy is a victimless crime' is utter arrogance ScienceIsTheOnlyLord 140 58199 November 9, 2010 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: Cego_Colher
  is blasphemy blasphemy? yuriythebest 6 3664 September 18, 2010 at 9:49 pm
Last Post: krazedkat