Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 2:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can we just laugh at Ken Ham for a bit?
Can we just laugh at Ken Ham for a bit?
I mean... seriously, can we? Because this is one of his latest radio spots:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OtkhNRb-SM

There's a bunch of these things, and they're all so terribly earnest, it's kind of lovely. Complete turkeys like this don't usually lay down on the platter and hand you the carving knife. The man is a comedy diamond. Big Grin
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
RE: Can we just laugh at Ken Ham for a bit?
Actually he is just a bible-thumping con man who has made a fortune by selling bullshit to gullible fools.

We have several on this board.
I have trouble believing that people like him, and most of all, Ray Comfort, actually believes in what they're saying. But I've heard Comfort's interview and if he's faking, he's really good at it.
There's good money in fooling the already deluded masses. I suspect that some of these mega-christians are in it for the money alone. I'd go so far as to say that the richest among them might even be atheists.
(August 19, 2013 at 1:01 pm)Esquilax Wrote: I mean... seriously, can we?

Don't forget to point, Esq.

[Image: nelson_haha.jpg]
(August 19, 2013 at 1:09 pm)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: I have trouble believing that people like him, and most of all, Ray Comfort, actually believes in what they're saying. But I've heard Comfort's interview and if he's faking, he's really good at it.

It's possible that some of them don't believe what they're peddling and keep doing it because it's lucrative. You have folks like those televangelists who lived very different lives than they preached (Baker, Swaggart, for example). But a combination of ignorance and stubbornness with a healthy dose of confirmation bias could be keeping them from learning enough to understand why they're wrong. The notion that he's putting "a final nail in evolution's coffin" seems so spectacularly wrong that it leaves you breathless, but for many believers it makes perfect sense because they really don't understand evolution.

To the person who believes that evolution can be debunked because "monkeys still exist," these jokers are downright brilliant.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(August 19, 2013 at 1:12 pm)freedomfromfallacy Wrote: There's good money in fooling the already deluded masses. I suspect that some of these mega-christians are in it for the money alone. I'd go so far as to say that the richest among them might even be atheists.

This speaks volumes!
Quis ut Deus?
(August 19, 2013 at 1:21 pm)ronedee Wrote:
(August 19, 2013 at 1:12 pm)freedomfromfallacy Wrote: There's good money in fooling the already deluded masses. I suspect that some of these mega-christians are in it for the money alone. I'd go so far as to say that the richest among them might even be atheists.

This speaks volumes!

Way to take things out of context (like most theists). Troll.

This speaks volumes!

You're an idiot.

Nobody here is claiming that all atheists are good people, just that they are people. And if it turns out that these conmen are atheists, you know what we won't do? We won't back away at fucking top speed, like you and other theists do every time someone identifying as christian does something wrong. We accept the facts, and move on.

If a murderer is an atheist, then he or she is an immoral atheist. If a christian is a murderer, then they "weren't a true christian." You're right, ronny: this does speak volumes. Just, sadly, not about what you seem to think it's about.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!

This speaks volumes!

Yes, it does. And what it's saying is this: "You've been had."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ham vs. Craig Fake Messiah 22 1802 November 27, 2021 at 11:50 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  How to Make God Laugh Haipule 56 12024 December 11, 2017 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  And Yet, They Work For A Fucktard Like Ham Minimalist 22 3098 July 18, 2017 at 3:50 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Ham Must Be Starting His Presidential Bid Minimalist 30 3658 March 4, 2017 at 3:44 pm
  Washington Post Tries To Help Out Creatards and Ken Ham goes ballistic. Minimalist 12 3020 January 1, 2017 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Leaving christianity, a bit of my story Lucifer 87 8496 July 16, 2016 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Creationist that Ken Ham calls "stupid" drfuzzy 3 1761 May 7, 2016 at 8:23 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Ken Ham Explains Dinosaurs Nope 21 5607 June 7, 2015 at 1:58 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  Ken Ham - Don't Sweat Asteroids Cuz Minimalist 10 1943 March 15, 2015 at 10:54 pm
Last Post: JuliaL
  Ken Ham files lawsuit against Kentucky Esquilax 109 15748 March 8, 2015 at 1:59 pm