Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 12:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Son of God" movie due out in 2014
"Son of God" movie due out in 2014
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/je...god-648539

Joy of joys! There is another movie about Jesus is coming out! And best of all? It was already on TV!

Yup, the movie "Son of God" is just a rehash of footage from the History Channel mini-series "The Bible" with a few new scenes added in. Doesn't that sound great! It'll have that sexy Portugese model as Jesus again. Perfect!

what a fucking pathetic money-grab. I'll admit it, I watched "The Bible." It almost totally skipped the book of Genesis and skipped so much of the OT it was almost an entirely different story. Didn't even mention Revelations. Had a lot of violence, though, which was cool.

"The Bible" got 14% on Rottentomatoes. Will "Son of God" do any better? No. How could it?

The Bible has proven yet again that it is a stupid collection of stories, and even though the story(ies) of Jesus is (are) the best one, IMO, I do recognize it (them) as myth, and will not waste a penny on this greedy Christian money-grab.
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.”
- Buddha
"Anyone wanting to believe Jesus lived and walked as a real live human being must do so despite the evidence, not because of it."
- Dennis McKinsey
RE: "Son of God" movie due out in 2014
lol.. I read that first sentence as "Joy of joys! There is another movie about Jesus coming out!" oh the irony!
(October 19, 2013 at 4:00 pm)StuW Wrote: lol.. I read that first sentence as "Joy of joys! There is another movie about Jesus coming out!" oh the irony!

Hahaha! Now THAT is a movie I might see, just for the laughs!
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.”
- Buddha
"Anyone wanting to believe Jesus lived and walked as a real live human being must do so despite the evidence, not because of it."
- Dennis McKinsey
If only MST3K was still around to work it over.
(October 19, 2013 at 3:58 pm)Beta Ray Bill Wrote: It'll have that sexy Portugese model as Jesus again. Perfect!
You got something against sexy portuguese models?

Damn! If the Catholic church starts making statues of any of them, I'm going back to church!

Confusedhock:
- Buddha
- Dennis McKinsey
Well, one thing for sure. You won't have to push the priests out of the way.

Actually, I think I saw this movie.

It sucked.

[Image: !!eBs!,w!WM~$(KGrHqJ,!lYEz+y84ofTBNQ1SkYCVg~~_35.JPG]
(October 19, 2013 at 3:58 pm)Beta Ray Bill Wrote: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/je...god-648539

Joy of joys! There is another movie about Jesus is coming out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqI0vjArbn8
(October 19, 2013 at 3:58 pm)Beta Ray Bill Wrote: Yup, the movie "Son of God" is just a rehash of footage from the History Channel mini-series "The Bible" with a few new scenes added in. Doesn't that sound great! It'll have that sexy Portugese model as Jesus again. Perfect!

A reworking and condensation of a story that just recently got shown on TV. Because that worked out so well for M. Night Shyamalan when he decided to adapt the first season of Avatar for the big screen.

Okay, at least Shyamalan tried to put his own spin on the pre-existing material. It was still shit, but at least it wasn't just a re-edit.

And, seriously, have you ever seen any instance of a film that was a re-edited version of a Television program that actually turned out good?
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Well think about. If they actually got into the actual history of the matter, evangelicals and fundamentalists would be up in arms about the fact that whatever historical Jesus of Nazareth there may have been is essentially unknown (barring his execution and religion perhaps), the corruptions and interpolations of the text (ending of Mark's Gospel & 1st Timothy, among others) and the contradictions.

When that actually happens, I'll gladly pay my 50 sheckles.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Movie everyone has seen except you. arewethereyet 23 1985 December 4, 2022 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Not my gentle son BrianSoddingBoru4 5 779 March 26, 2022 at 11:57 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (trailer) EgoDeath 32 3336 September 25, 2019 at 10:19 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Looking for a video about god (?) and the sixth sense movie Whoobodoobooo 5 771 May 21, 2019 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Force Awakens was a disappointing movie Rimi921 13 1328 April 27, 2019 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Captain Marvel movie w/ spoilers Rahn127 0 348 March 9, 2019 at 2:04 am
Last Post: Rahn127
  SPOILER ALERT: Black Mirror - Bandersnatch (Interactive Movie) GrandizerII 0 221 December 29, 2018 at 1:22 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Upcoming movie movie trailer discussion Alex K 50 6068 October 22, 2018 at 7:49 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  New Star Wars movie is well received by the critics. Whateverist 105 15889 January 2, 2018 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  What is your favorite Disney movie? ƵenKlassen 37 4732 December 6, 2017 at 11:29 am
Last Post: KittyAnn