Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 10:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You Can See The Crazyness and Bigotry In This
You Can See The Crazyness and Bigotry In This
http://www.christianforums.com/rules/#faq_rule_0

christianforums.com Wrote:Topics Requiring Special Consideration:
Abortion; Adultery or Premarital Sex; Homosexuality; Illegal Activity; Other Religions; On-Line Deliverance; Professional Counseling; Prophecy

● Abortion may only be discussed in the Ethics & Morality forum, the Christian Philosophy and Ethics forum, and the Congregation and Recovery categories within the limits of the rules for those areas.
● Do not promote or encourage adultery or premarital sex.
● Do not promote homosexuality on Christian Forums. Homosexuality can only be discussed, without promotion, in Christian Communities and Faith Groups. Homosexuality may also be discussed in the Recovery and Ask a Chaplain forums solely for the purpose of seeking support with struggles overcoming same-sex attractions, and homosexual issues.
● Do not promote illegal activity.
● Do not promote or proselytize religious beliefs or religions (including Satanism or Occultism) other than Christianity. For the purpose of these rules, Christianity is defined by Christian Forums' Statement of Faith.
Do not make posts which attempt to exorcise or bind demons, or post instructions on how to complete deliverance.
● Do not give professional legal, financial, medical, or other counseling. Do not direct, imply, or suggest that others should disregard doctors' orders regarding medical diagnosis and/or treatment.
Personal Prophecy (prophetic utterance) will be considered off-topic to all site forums. These may be posted in your own personal Blog.
RE: You Can See The Crazyness and Bigotry In This
How do purely theistic forums expect non-believers to have proper discussions regarding anything beyond praising Jesus to the point of inducing nausea?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Hmm, I assumed ChristianForums was just generally Christian and didn't enforce anything particular to one or more sects of Christianity. The rule to not promote homosexuality and even pre-marital sex would automatically negate the possibility of Christians from liberal denominations participating on the boards.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
Christianity claims to have the answers to the ills of humanity, but when faced with the very disease their religion is supposed to cure, they won't even consider how to apply their medicine. It's like a doctor claiming to have great lifesaving skills, but running from surgery because he doesn't like blood and guts.
Hahahaha, I love that demon binding and exorcising are such big issues they made it into the rules.. Also, how is it possible to promote homosexuality, adultery or pre-marital sex? I'm guessing they count anything that says being gay or having sex out of marriage isn't that bad after all.
A couple of these are just standard for all forums. Like -- don't promote illegal actions and don't give professional advice without a license to do so. The rest are religious nuttery.

But these are nothing compared to the draconian lunacy from the Rapture Ready forums:

http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?2-Board-...ting-on-RR

This is a list of 34 (count 'em) things that you are not supposed to post on Rapture Ready.
A mind is a terrible thing to waste -- don't pollute it with bullshit.
I would not last past my introduction thread on a theist forum, for the introduction thread alone would most likely be enough to get me banned.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Quote:● Do not promote or proselytize religious beliefs or religions (including Satanism or Occultism) other than Christianity.

Nazi bastards.
(November 24, 2013 at 4:42 pm)Godlesspanther Wrote: http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?2-Board-...ting-on-RR

This is a list of 34 (count 'em) things that you are not supposed to post on Rapture Ready.
Seal the exits! They're getting away!
How paranoid these theists are indeed.
I've been a member of that forum since 2008. From my experience it is not really geared towards evangelism and out reach although there are some limited efforts made in that direction. I was told it was a 'safe place' for Christians can come together and discuss ideas and given topics without the threat of trolls, and other trouble makers.

Which is why I also set up camp here, where the trolls live. Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What value do you see in studying theology in concerns to Christianity? EgoDeath 40 3861 September 8, 2019 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Christians: Can you see why atheists don't buy this stuff? vulcanlogician 49 3927 August 19, 2018 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  What I see in the Bible is different then Jews and Christians. Mystic 8 2586 December 31, 2017 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
Question Why do you people say there is no evidence,when you can't be bothered to look for it? Jaguar 74 20246 November 5, 2017 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  How do atheists see Jesus' parables? drfuzzy 92 14437 November 3, 2017 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Let's see how many apologetics take the bait Joods 127 18302 July 16, 2016 at 10:54 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  He can see color!! Puh-raise Juh-heezus!!!! drfuzzy 15 2458 May 24, 2016 at 11:01 pm
Last Post: Cato
  Why can't I see the devil? KUSA 43 5718 April 1, 2016 at 1:32 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Is Christianity responsible for anti gay bigotry? 1994Californication 35 7312 March 12, 2016 at 7:48 am
Last Post: Panatheist
  Taste and see... daver49 19 3983 March 21, 2015 at 9:49 pm
Last Post: daver49