Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
? God existence?:(, :)
? God existence?:(, :)
The only valid proof of Gods existence is FAITH Worship (large)
The only valid proof of God's non-existence is FAITH Worship (large)

There are no hypotheses' that can lead to a theory that can be used to design experiments that would prove or disprove the existence of God. In this day and day and age we insist that empirical, repeatable evidence prove a theory. ROFLOL

Anecdotal evidence is not proof. The bible, Koran or any other missive do not nor can not prove anything about a God. Angel Cloud
RE: ? God existence?:(, :)
Except inasmuch that it's not necessary to prove a god's nonexistence, even if that were possible.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(December 11, 2013 at 11:13 am)Stimbo Wrote: Except inasmuch that it's not necessary to prove a god's nonexistence, even if that were possible.

Pretty hard to prove a negative (as well as being unnecessary)
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
Well, if the negative concerns things that by nature are impossibly self-contradictory, say married bachelors or police intelligence, then they disprove themselves. But as you say, the exercise is an unnecessary shifting of the burden of proof.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Ok, seriously, who left the asylum door wide open?
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(December 11, 2013 at 1:32 pm)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote: Ok, seriously, who left the asylum door wide open?

God.

Robert
(December 16, 2013 at 8:09 am)WackyWicky Wrote:
(December 11, 2013 at 1:32 pm)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote: Ok, seriously, who left the asylum door wide open?

God.

Robert

What's a god?
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
Jerkoff
(December 11, 2013 at 11:09 am)WackyWicky Wrote: The only valid proof of Gods existence is FAITH Worship (large)

There are no hypotheses' that can lead to a theory that can be used to design experiments that would prove or disprove the existence of God. In this day and day and age we insist that empirical, repeatable evidence prove a theory. ROFLOL

Anecdotal evidence is not proof. The bible, Koran or any other missive do not nor can not prove anything about a God. Angel Cloud

Hi ,

I'm agree partially . But I want to make some additions .

Yes , the only valid proof of Gods existence is FAITH , the only valid proof of God's non-existence is FAITH .

But there are more than faith for the God's existence >>> the some informations contained in holy books which could not be known by human .

If we consider the shortest path , according to the materialistic thoughts there is an end of each substance and it is not sufficient to explain the existences .

So the existence of God is leading 1-0 as score .

(December 16, 2013 at 8:36 am)Nineteen Wrote:
(December 11, 2013 at 11:09 am)WackyWicky Wrote: The only valid proof of Gods existence is FAITH Worship (large)

Hi ,

I'm agree partially . But I want to make some additions .

Yes , the only valid proof of Gods existence is FAITH , the only valid proof of God's non-existence is FAITH .

But there are more than faith for the God's existence >>> the some informations contained in holy books which could not be known by human .

If we consider the shortest path , according to the materialistic thoughts there is an end of each substance and it is not sufficient to explain the existences .

So the existence of God is leading 1-0 as score .

Hmm, do I attempt to engage this person in intellectual debate knowing that it is the equivalent of playing chess with a pidgeon?

Or do I go straight to mockery?

Hmmmmm.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do atheists believe in the existence of friendship? KerimF 191 9161 June 9, 2023 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  What is the worst religion in existence? Hi600 89 5373 May 6, 2023 at 12:55 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Atheism and the existence of peanut butter R00tKiT 721 45557 November 15, 2022 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  A "meta-argument" against all future arguments for God's existence ? R00tKiT 225 14435 April 17, 2022 at 2:11 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Information The Best Logique Evidence of God Existence Nogba 225 22999 August 2, 2019 at 11:44 am
Last Post: comet
  Atheists being asked about the existence of Jesus Der/die AtheistIn 154 16789 January 24, 2019 at 1:30 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Arguments against existence of God. Mystic 336 77022 December 7, 2018 at 1:03 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  If the existence of an enduring soul was proven... Gawdzilla Sama 45 4486 November 26, 2018 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Proof of God Existence faramirofgondor 39 8061 April 20, 2018 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: Enlightened Ape
  Evidence for the existence of God Yadayadayada 145 18735 January 21, 2017 at 9:03 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb