Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 7:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pro abortion or not
Pro abortion or not
There may obviously be extenuating circumstances, which include but not limited to; a threat to the mothers life.

In a normal context, where to people just can't control their libido or don't take precautionary measures in advance. You might call them idiots, however, idiots can be good parents. Impulsiveness should be a virtue.
Re: Pro abortion or not
If a woman doesn't want to go through pregnancy and childbirth, she doesn't have to have one. Simple as that. How or why she ended up pregnant is irrelevant. She can want a baby, get pregnant on purpose then change her mind and abort after a few weeks. It's nobody else's business.
RE: Pro abortion or not
The world is overpopulated as is. We can't maintain the population growth we currently have. Because of that, the last thing we need is to force more people to have babies against their will.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
I'm personally against abortion, but strongly support a woman's right to chose. I might disagree, but in the end it isn't my place to tell women what they can & cannot do with their bodies.
Yes. As Nora said.
If she is stupid enough not to use preventive measures she is stupid enough to be a bad mother therefore I am FOR abortion! YAY! My logic is undeniable.
(December 16, 2013 at 11:57 am)MarxRaptor Wrote: I'm personally against abortion, but strongly support a woman's right to chose. I might disagree, but in the end it isn't my place to tell women what they can & cannot do with their bodies.

A very wise and considered approach to something that you disagree with.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
The cure for poverty has a name, in fact: it's called the empowerment of women.
-Christopher Hitchens

Part of the empowerment of women Hitch is referring to is the right to choose. Which is to say that the woman has a right to make decisions regarding her reproductive faculties. The woman is the one who not only gets pregnant, but is the one who should have the first and final say in the actions her body will undergo. The notion that someone else can tell me what to do with my body is infuriating, and I can't see it being any different if that decision is for me to gain weight because of a growth I do not want and to go through an excruciatingly painful process of birthing it (even if I do surgery, that is no picnic). (I am also a dude in the event that is not obvious)

I am not pro abortion, that is absurd. I am not against it when it is a decision that is made for the right reasons. What are the right reasons? That is up to the woman making the decision, I don't get any more say than that.
[Image: giphy.gif]
And again we go down the rabbit's hole...

[sarcasm]
YES, definitely pro!
Every women should abort every time she gets pregnant!
Humans are overrated and need to just die!

[/]
(December 16, 2013 at 12:42 pm)TheBeardedDude Wrote: The cure for poverty has a name, in fact: it's called the empowerment of women.
-Christopher Hitchens

Part of the empowerment of women Hitch is referring to is the right to choose. Which is to say that the woman has a right to make decisions regarding her reproductive faculties. The woman is the one who not only gets pregnant, but is the one who should have the first and final say in the actions her body will undergo. The notion that someone else can tell me what to do with my body is infuriating, and I can't see it being any different if that decision is for me to gain weight because of a growth I do not want and to go through an excruciatingly painful process of birthing it (even if I do surgery, that is no picnic). (I am also a dude in the event that is not obvious)

I am not pro abortion, that is absurd. I am not against it when it is a decision that is made for the right reasons. What are the right reasons? That is up to the woman making the decision, I don't get any more say than that.
Hitchens was anti-abortion, and for good reasons. For every advancement in our understanding of this process as a whole the cut off point at which a woman can go for abortion is restricted.

To assume it will not be restricted further, or even loosened, is silly and a delusion that people tell themselves to abuse our sexual freedoms so flagrantly and with complete lack of moral responsibility and intellectual dishonesty.

I am just making my views known and I am not singling out you specifically if it comes across as overly aggressive. I am the only anit- abortionist so far, little bit unhappy with that Sad

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abortion-Killing: The Silent Genocide: 2 Billion Deaths Victims Worldwide. Nishant Xavier 343 15583 September 2, 2023 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: MarcusA
  Abortion poll Agnostico 75 7467 June 20, 2022 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Abortion: 10 years as an atheist and I still don't get it Nihilist Virus 330 30087 March 5, 2020 at 5:26 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Pro-Life Atheists KristinNirvana 84 13704 July 25, 2018 at 3:27 pm
Last Post: LadyAmaltheaMoon
  Abortion and ethics Dystopia 10 2258 June 28, 2014 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  anyone else here not pro life for the sake of being pro life? leodeo 83 14643 November 15, 2013 at 3:10 pm
Last Post: Walking Void
  godless pro-lifers Max_Kolbe 85 18727 October 15, 2013 at 3:08 pm
Last Post: Cinjin
  Atheists, the death penalty and abortion... ideologue08 511 187501 May 30, 2013 at 8:17 pm
Last Post: Colanth
  I am a pro-life atheist mavis 210 70597 February 27, 2012 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Virginia Ironside on abortion and euthanasia The Omnissiunt One 18 6515 October 10, 2010 at 8:02 am
Last Post: The Omnissiunt One