Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russian antisuicide forum which is full of shit
Russian antisuicide forum which is full of shit
The most popular russian antisuicide site is sponsored by othodox church.
Now why they are full of shit?
The articles I read.
First of course they will say how every suicide method fails and you will end up in a living hell. It has to have a shock effect apparently so that people won't do it. But after that comes religious bullshit.
First there are bunch of scare tactics how you will never die and if you do it you will of course end up in hell.
Then they talk about how all other religions are bullshit and their religion is right (but they don't mess with islam too much because they don't want another war but still imply that islam is false).
But the most full of shit aspect of that forum is that it is completely premoderated and if I criticize anything about the religion or simply hint about it's faultiness I will get banned immedietely. So it looks like everybody who posts on that forum is either christian or somebody who tolerates christianity.
Also everytime somebody comes to forum and complains about anything they ask what religion that person is and if he is not christian they advertize christianity right away. Well that's a good way to recruit suicidal people. The forum is popular as I stated above.
Also in their facebook group they have bunch of pictures which say that atheists are gonna go to hell and are bunch of gays but the comments are all premoderated to so all the commentators "agree". LOL
Talk about being one sided Big Grin

Btw the team of the website consists of a doctor who examines dead bodies. A cop who is former psychiatrist. A doctor who works in emergency room. Bunch of priests. And a website administrator. All are hardcore believers. When you read the articles you can clearly see the compartmentalization syndrome. When they can know something about one subject but are completely retarded in another.
RE: Russian antisuicide forum which is full of shit
Are there any atheist anti-suicide organisations in Russia?
(December 18, 2013 at 3:42 am)Lion IRC Wrote: Are there any atheist anti-suicide organisations in Russia?

No. There is only one atheist organization in russia whos mission is promoting atheism but they fail miserably mostly because atheists in that organization are full of fail.
Russia seems lacking the likes of Russel Glasser, Matt Dillahunty, Richard Dawkins etc.
In fact Richard Dawkins has biggest influence in russia through books I think.
(December 18, 2013 at 3:42 am)Lion IRC Wrote: Are there any atheist anti-suicide organisations in Russia?

Yeah. They're called bars selling vodka.
Dying to live, living to die.
(December 18, 2013 at 4:02 am)Beccs Wrote:

Yeah. They're called bars selling vodka.

Fucking LOL. But seriously everywhere you go for help there is a fucking religion. Or some sort of metaphysical crap. Also TV shows with supernatural bullshit are very popular and people actually believe those. Yeah I guess russia still has a long way to go. Seems like after USSR crumbled the nation fell into dark ages once more.
(December 18, 2013 at 4:03 am)feeling Wrote:
(December 18, 2013 at 4:02 am)Beccs Wrote: Yeah. They're called bars selling vodka.

Fucking LOL. But seriously everywhere you go for help there is a fucking religion. Or some sort of metaphysical crap. Also TV shows with supernatural bullshit are very popular and people actually believe those. Yeah I guess russia still has a long way to go. Seems like after USSR crumbled the nation fell into dark ages once more.

I know. There's the various twelve step programmes that insist you accept a creator being. I believe there are secular ones becoming more available in certain places.

I'm assuming by TV shows you're referring to BS ones like Ghost Hunters and that type? I don't watch "reality" shows, but I've heard about those ones. Though I admit one of my favourite shows is Supernatural. The difference being I know it's fictional.

Unfortunately they resurgence of the church in Russia is to be somewhat expected after decades of the communist party replacing the worship of a god with the worship of the state.
Dying to live, living to die.
The most popular super natural TV show is where people can predict future. As for the help programs the thing is the religion is everywhere and if you say you are an atheist they will tell you it's bad 50 times per day.
Also they spread negativity. Telling people that their lives suck because they are atheists is not helping.

Besides I hate religion and having it around affects me negatively. So I would appreciate religion free environment.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which version of xtianity is most likely to be correct? FrustratedFool 20 1150 December 8, 2023 at 10:21 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Christianity is heading for a full allegorization Ferrocyanide 298 19854 February 5, 2022 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  which version of christianity is correct? Drich 86 8937 March 30, 2020 at 3:34 am
Last Post: Dundee
  Why are Christians so full of hate? I_am_not_mafia 183 17589 October 18, 2018 at 7:50 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  The Kind of Shit Xtian Fucktards Teach Minimalist 12 2621 June 9, 2018 at 3:35 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Which is the cause, which the effect: religious fundamentalism <=> brain impairment Whateverist 31 5263 March 20, 2018 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Tell All Book Says Pat Robertson Full of Shit Minimalist 12 3546 September 29, 2017 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Atheist73
  Another Fucking Piece of Shit "Pastor" Minimalist 37 8937 September 29, 2017 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Atheist73
  Which denominations have you spotted on this forum? Fake Messiah 87 14528 August 19, 2017 at 10:14 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Which Jesus is real? Foxaèr 40 8164 August 9, 2017 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie