Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 2:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost my job
Lost my job
I lost my job a couple of days ago. This other worker started being a douche on the sales floor and we cussed each other out.the manager said he had to fire us booth even though he didn't want to because walmart policy is pretty black and white on this issue.
ALL PRAISE THE ONE TRUE GOD ZALGO

RE: Lost my job
Most places these days will let you go for that sort of thing.
My workplace has an employee's "conflict resolution" program. It works well for ironing out workplace differences and keeping valuable employees, without forcing them into unemployment because of this damn PC fucking world! I'm sorry you lost your job.
(January 17, 2014 at 7:39 pm)It Is i Wrote: My workplace has an employee's "conflict resolution" program. It works well for ironing out workplace differences and keeping valuable employees, without forcing them into unemployment because of this damn PC fucking world! I'm sorry you lost your job.

That's great for your company. We have a "zero insubordination" policy.
(January 17, 2014 at 7:40 pm)ElleBelle Wrote:
(January 17, 2014 at 7:39 pm)It Is i Wrote: My workplace has an employee's "conflict resolution" program. It works well for ironing out workplace differences and keeping valuable employees, without forcing them into unemployment because of this damn PC fucking world! I'm sorry you lost your job.

That's great for your company. We have a "zero insubordination" policy.
"zero insubordination" = code for "We can't be bothered to care".
(January 17, 2014 at 7:42 pm)It Is i Wrote:
(January 17, 2014 at 7:40 pm)ElleBelle Wrote: That's great for your company. We have a "zero insubordination" policy.
"zero insubordination" = code for "We can't be bothered to care".

I find this a lot being a government worker.
I work with my Dad and my Uncle. The day pretty much involves throwing insults at one another to pass time. I'm not sure I could even function in a normal workplace now.
(January 17, 2014 at 8:08 pm)Insanity Wrote: I work with my Dad and my Uncle. The day pretty much involves throwing insults at one another to pass time. I'm not sure I could even function in a normal workplace now.
Are you with the mob, or somethin'?
I had an employee cuss me out, and I lost it. He and I went back and forth for an hour. It almost came to blows several times. I fired him then he quit, then I said he could quit because I already fired him, and he said I couldn't fire him because he quit. we went round and round with that for 20 more minutes. In the end he came back in with his hat in his hand Monday morning, and we all said our sorries and went back to work. That was 3 years ago maybe. One of Top two best employees I have now.

People make mistakes Christian atheist or others. People forgive, machines can't. Walmart is a money machine. If your prone to human error then it's better to stay way from the big money machines and goto work for people.
Walmart...the same company who fired a man for helping a woman in distress.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What job(s) did you have as a kid? arewethereyet 25 2121 April 25, 2021 at 1:17 am
Last Post: Sal
  My shit ass job just called me back up CarveTheFive 25 1977 May 9, 2020 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Mr.wizard
  What we really lost in all this shit... Gawdzilla Sama 7 1145 April 20, 2020 at 10:58 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  The best job in the world... Gawdzilla Sama 31 2187 April 23, 2019 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  My new job involves :) Megabullshit 17 1472 April 10, 2019 at 2:41 pm
Last Post: Megabullshit
  What is job like in Motorcycle Showroom ? Megabullshit 13 886 April 1, 2019 at 1:46 am
Last Post: Megabullshit
  Surreal day on the job...more of the same on the way. arewethereyet 75 5223 March 7, 2019 at 1:50 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  You had one job! Mr.Obvious 7 1230 December 7, 2018 at 8:31 am
Last Post: viocjit
  90% of my job is routine... GUBU 7 698 September 6, 2018 at 1:23 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Lost Commandments Cyberman 29 2258 August 19, 2018 at 9:28 am
Last Post: Cod