Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Answered prayer
Answered prayer
Well a few of you have apparently been praying to God even though you claim to be atheists. How do I know? God almost answered one of your prayers yesterday. My wife and I were coming onto the interstate, and there was a car carrier I front of me so I went around him. My truck kicked down into third gear at 60mph and the back tires broke loose. Meaning they started to spin, just the same as if I were trying to do a burn out. Idk if you all have done this at speed before but the car/truck acts quite differently at 60 verse coming off a complete stand still.

Well anyway the truck began to fish tale into the semi next to me and I corrected by turning into the power slide. And let off the gas. Then the truck caught and took us off into the center median, where the grass was very wet which made things like the steering wheel and brakes just something to help you occupy your time with while you wait for death as you slide into on coming traffic at speed. Thankfully there was a sloping embankment we had to bridge before we got to the on coming lane, when we hit it I thought the truck was going to flip, but it didn't. When we started up the other side I floored it spraying mud and rocks on the cars going the other way, then finally the rear tires caught and shot us back towards our orginal lane.

Thankfully the only damage out of the whole mess was to the tightywhities I was wearing (they were totaled) and I think my wife lost two or three years off the end of her life, but the truck was undamaged. So to whom ever has been praying for proof of God in the way of my death or my absence from this forum, I have received a message for you and you can stop now.
RE: Answered prayer
Ok, I have two things to say:

1. I'm genuinely glad you're ok, that sounds really scary!

2. Aren't you the guy who was going to pray for people to get cancer or AIDS? Projection much?

I find it incredibly arrogant of you to assume that anyone here would waste their time praying to something they don't believe in, and incredibly insulting that you think anyone would wish harm or death on you for words you post on the internet. You are not as important as you seem to think you are.

*If this was a joke on your part (the praying bit, not the near miss) then I apologise. But having read a lot of your posts, I believe you're serious.
"No-one who decides that scientific evidence is not for him and that his own experience or the stories of others is the be all and end all of deciding what's true ever has the right to call people searching for reliable, repeatable evidence narrow-minded. That is hypocrisy of the most laughable kind." Derren Brown - Tricks of the Mind.
Good grief, glad yall are alive!

God really works in mysterious ways tho, he seems to be shilling for the thightywhitey industry if you ask me.
I thought this was going to be a leaving thread. Looks like there is no god after all.
[Image: thfrog.gif]

(January 23, 2014 at 3:06 am)Drich Wrote: Well a few of you have apparently been praying to God even though you claim to be atheists. How do I know? God almost answered one of your prayers yesterday. My wife and I were coming onto the interstate, and there was a car carrier I front of me so I went around him. My truck kicked down into third gear at 60mph and the back tires broke loose. Meaning they started to spin, just the same as if I were trying to do a burn out. Idk if you all have done this at speed before but the car/truck acts quite differently at 60 verse coming off a complete stand still.

Well anyway the truck began to fish tale into the semi next to me and I corrected by turning into the power slide. And let off the gas. Then the truck caught and took us off into the center median, where the grass was very wet which made things like the steering wheel and brakes just something to help you occupy your time with while you wait for death as you slide into on coming traffic at speed. Thankfully there was a sloping embankment we had to bridge before we got to the on coming lane, when we hit it I thought the truck was going to flip, but it didn't. When we started up the other side I floored it spraying mud and rocks on the cars going the other way, then finally the rear tires caught and shot us back towards our orginal lane.

Thankfully the only damage out of the whole mess was to the tightywhities I was wearing (they were totaled) and I think my wife lost two or three years off the end of her life, but the truck was undamaged. So to whom ever has been praying for proof of God in the way of my death or my absence from this forum, I have received a message for you and you can stop now.

You really are pathetic Drippy. You blame atheistforums.org for you being in a position where you had to exert some driving skills to avoid being killed? Truely a disgrace to christianity you are...

Glad you also had the skills to avoid the accident...your god must really hate you.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
[Image: Iqd48fU.jpg]

Edit: I'm glad you survived, though.
Sounds to me like even God is sick of your bullshit.
Maybe your god is telling you you're wrong?
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Drich, I think you were lucky.... aquaplaning isn't funny at any speed!

Or it may be a sign you're worshiping the wrong god.

Anyway, That's one thing that would never happen if you used a manual transmission! Tongue

Let's take a mo' to consider the tremendously idiotic illogic of the OP.

1. The casting of magic spells [read: prayer] is the province of theism, not atheism.

2. The desiring of death for the philosophical opposition is the also the province of theism, not atheism (source: most of human history).

3. If atheists were to pray, it would be that you see reason, not that you and your wife come to harm.

4. The notion that we would pray for you to leave AF is just silly - you're enormously entertaining (the notion that we'd pray for you to leave here also smacks of an inflated notion of self importance).

5. You should have your transmission looked at. Dropping into third gear at 60 MPH doesn't sound at all right.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please help prayer to get maaried soon for my mom heath.! meboxem166 21 2767 April 1, 2023 at 5:52 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  The Catholic Church has a prayer app zebo-the-fat 5 649 January 21, 2019 at 11:00 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Intercessory prayer is pointless RobbyPants 93 10079 October 27, 2018 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Group prayer on Skype on behalf of our Christian members I_am_not_mafia 132 16151 May 26, 2018 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  God limits himself to working through prayer phoenix31 14 3562 January 28, 2017 at 1:26 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  The problem with prayer. Gawdzilla 286 25848 August 31, 2016 at 2:38 am
Last Post: Incognito
  Need an argument answered GTR-1 21 3261 August 30, 2016 at 4:20 am
Last Post: robvalue
  A Creationist answered 10 questions . . . drfuzzy 26 7786 December 11, 2015 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
Heart The power of prayer JBrentonK 87 14842 October 16, 2015 at 11:12 am
Last Post: Homeless Nutter
  Stupid, selfish prayer requests Aroura 13 4311 May 31, 2015 at 3:52 pm
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb