Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Faith, what is it?
Faith, what is it?
What is the true definition of the word "FAITH" in your opinion, according to the bible?
Is faith 100% commitment or can it be less than that and still be faith?
If someone says they don't know for sure 100% isn't that an agnostic theist?
Does the bible say to believe without doubt and if so what chapter, verse etc.. or does it tell it's readers it's O.K to say "I'm not 100% sure"?
Anyone care to comment?
Atheist = Realist
Theist = Arealist
RE: Faith, what is it?
(October 28, 2008 at 6:40 am)Bungy Wrote: What is the true definition of the word "FAITH" in your opinion, according to the bible?
I know a christian who says they don't know for sure 100% but claims to not be an agnostic theist
Does the bible say to believe without doubt and if so what chapter, verse etc.. or does it tell it's readers it's O.K to say "I'm not 100% sure"?
Anyone care to comment?

Turning yet again to TGD and Dawkins' spectrum of probability on god's existence, it seems to me that believers simply have to put themselves in cat.1 strong theist. Unlike us, who assess the probability and I suspect overwhelmingly claim cat.6 de facto atheist, their faith demands no question as to it being 100% certain that god exists. Poor deluded fools! And because they are so afflicted, rational argument/debate is impossible, so I either ridicule or bait them!
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
(October 28, 2008 at 3:59 pm)bozo Wrote:
(October 28, 2008 at 6:40 am)Bungy Wrote: What is the true definition of the word "FAITH" in your opinion, according to the bible?
I know a christian who says they don't know for sure 100% but claims to not be an agnostic theist
Anyone care to comment?

Turning yet again to TGD and Dawkins' spectrum of probability on god's existence, it seems to me that believers simply have to put themselves in cat.1 strong theist. Unlike us, who assess the probability and I suspect overwhelmingly claim cat.6 de facto atheist, their faith demands no question as to it being 100% certain that god exists. Poor deluded fools! And because they are so afflicted, rational argument/debate is impossible, so I either ridicule or bait them!

Faith is believing something without evidence. One should have faith that GOD exists, that He Loves you, that He will save you from a spiritual death. One could have faith in lesser things: faith that I am the Risen Christ.
The bible contains essential spiritual truths on how you may be saved.
Constantly claiming that you are the Risen Christ does not help in any way to make people warm to you and engage in any form of meaningful discusion.

Even if you are you must realise that no-one is going to accept it.

Is it possible that when on these forums you could talk like a person with a rational mind?
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
(October 28, 2008 at 4:37 pm)ManofGOD Wrote:
Anyone care to comment?

Faith is believing something without evidence. One should have faith that GOD exists, that He Loves you, that He will save you from a spiritual death. One could have faith in lesser things: faith that I am the Risen Christ.

Manof GOD....RIDICULE OR BAIT, YOU CHOOSE!
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
(October 28, 2008 at 4:37 pm)ManofGOD Wrote:
Anyone care to comment?

You definitely sound like an atheist in secret to me. I think you very well could be, sounds like a joke, sorry if you're serious. But anyways, I agree with your definition, I also think faith is belief in the absence of evidence, just like Dawkins says: "Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." - Richard Dawkins.
And you'll notice that this quote (and therefore, this definition of faith) is already in my signature.
(October 28, 2008 at 4:42 pm)Darwinian Wrote: Constantly claiming that you are the Risen Christ does not help in any way to make people warm to you and engage in any form of meaningful discusion.

Is it possible that when on these forums you could talk like a person with a rational mind?

Please, by all means, show me the measure of my irrationality in previous posts; ignoring my outrageous (but true) claim.
The bible contains essential spiritual truths on how you may be saved.
(October 28, 2008 at 6:07 pm)ManofGOD Wrote:
(October 28, 2008 at 4:42 pm)Darwinian Wrote: Constantly claiming that you are the Risen Christ does not help in any way to make people warm to you and engage in any form of meaningful discusion.

Please, by all means, show me the measure of my irrationality in previous posts; ignoring my outrageous (but true) claim.
Why would you describe your own claim as outrageous if you really believe its true?
You sound so much like a joker/prankster lolTongue
Are you serious?
Does the bible say to believe without doubt and if so what chapter, verse etc.. anyone know
Atheist = Realist
Theist = Arealist
(October 29, 2008 at 6:14 am)Bungy Wrote: Does the bible say to believe without doubt and if so what chapter, verse etc.. anyone know
I can't remember where, but I'm sure it does. I'm sure I remember reading that it does.
I'll check it out.
Edit: OK here in the book of Romans: 568. "He that doubteth is damned ... Whosoever is not of faith is sin." 14:23
I got it from the skeptics annotated bible in the 'highlights' section of the bible.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  At what point does faith become insanity? Fake Messiah 64 3874 May 8, 2023 at 10:37 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  The soft toys parents hope connect kids to their faith zebo-the-fat 13 1253 October 31, 2021 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Baha'i faith Figbash 5 934 April 13, 2020 at 12:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  [Serious] Comfort in Faith at Death Shell B 142 11014 August 4, 2019 at 11:30 am
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Atheist who is having a crisis of faith emilsein 204 12298 April 29, 2019 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Faith industry Graufreud 8 829 August 8, 2018 at 6:54 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  My faith is on hold. Mystic 16 4198 May 3, 2018 at 9:40 am
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Do Christians have faith in oxygen/air? MellisaClarke 83 13265 January 3, 2018 at 6:28 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  What makes your faith true? Fake Messiah 237 33132 November 12, 2017 at 3:27 am
Last Post: Odoital77
  What is "FAITH" deceptive_illusion 583 204073 October 29, 2017 at 3:52 pm
Last Post: LastPoet