Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
will these religions ever come to an end?
will these religions ever come to an end?
i was wondering if there comes a time when everyone starts thinking over what they are being preached. These religious freaks are creating problem as if there aren't enough of sufferings in the worldExclamation it makes me sick when people help others only for the sake of an imaginary god! In Pakistan there is a newspaper in which people ask questions relating to islam. There was a question saying "can we help non-muslims?" and the answer given by the dumb mullah was " well u can help them if u really need to but keep hatred in ur heart for them while helping"!
Eskimo: "If I did not know about God and sin, would I go to hell?" Priest: "No, not if you did not know." Eskimo: "Then why did you tell me?"
RE: will these religions ever come to an end?
LOL! Now that's quality funniness!

Keep hatred in your heart while helping them.

priceless.
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
its funny for us but serious for god lovers!FSM Grin
Eskimo: "If I did not know about God and sin, would I go to hell?" Priest: "No, not if you did not know." Eskimo: "Then why did you tell me?"
Few people still believe that the Earth is flat and we have a ton of evidence that proves that it is round. I doubt we'll ever have enough evidence to disprove god and if we can't prove god does not exist, people will still continue to worship one.
(December 25, 2009 at 10:09 pm)Zhalentine Wrote: Few people still believe that the Earth is flat and we have a ton of evidence that proves that it is round. I doubt we'll ever have enough evidence to disprove god and if we can't prove god does not exist, people will still continue to worship one.

We have absolutely conclusive evidence that the earth is round, i mean there are literally thousands of satellites circling it as we speak. There is no excuse for believing it is flat, regardless of what your stupid holy book might say to the contrary and anyone who does can be called with absolute certainty an ignorant moron.

The fact that god cannot be proven shouldn't mean anything, and I'm sad to say you're absolutely right that as long as it cannot be disproved people will cling to it. (i stand that it never can be disproved because it's an entirely unfalsifiable hypothesis that can be immediately adjusted to suit whatever scientific inquiry might disprove the current understanding). The reasons for believing it are nil other than wishful thinking - mostly stemming from the fear of death and hope of immortality - two ideas that while comforting are absolute blind assertions with no evidential basis empirical or otherwise and do nothing but detract from the reality of our finite time on earth.

There will continue to be fallacious arguments for the existence of God, such as the Argument from fine-tuning, the idea that the universe was tuned for life - a ridiculous proposition considering that the major spatial component of the universe are Voids - massive empty regions of space... Yeah because incomprehensibly vast regions of emptiness are exactly what life needs...

The religious are unanimously lacking a sense of context. The idea that the universe was made for life is beyond insane, for what scenario would require 400 billion stars per galaxy and hundreds of billions of galaxies to sustain life on a minuscule portion of the universe orbiting around a particularly average star in a comparatively tiny galaxy?

Their other key fault is their vast misrepresentation of the Big Bang, even by the most renowned Christian apologists like William Lane Craig - he continually makes the assertion that the Big Bang theory states that something came from nothing - which he knows full well is not a position held by a single cosmologist on earth, in fact many would argue that 'nothing' is logically impossible. He also continually argues that it is impossible for infinite regress to have a place in reality, because it relies on the concept of infinity which he asserts as a certainty does not exist in reality, yet he then declares that since God is 'out of time' that he is infinite... It's a completely fallacious argument based special pleading and downright insanity - The singularity in every single big-bang cosmology is 'out of time' by definition, seeing as it gave rise to time as a dimension.

William Lane Craig is by far the best debater of Apologetics yet even he cannot avoid misrepresenting the atheist position, the big-bang theory and the context for fine-tuning. He appeals to emotion and 'common sense' as if they are in any way proof of God, yet he tries his best to hide the fact that the emotional appeals and the arguments from personal experience he makes could be used to justify any supernatural theory imaginable.

Only education can save this world from the stupid religious positions that so many take, and it is already working. It is no surprise that the decline of religion is most prominent amongst academics.
In short, no, religion will never end. People need it to believe they are good people. Even if all current religions went poof tomorrow, more would still crop up to clog the universe.
Nothing is your own except the few cubic centimeters inside your skull. - George Orwell
(December 26, 2009 at 12:32 am)Rhage Wrote: In short, no, religion will never end. People need it to believe they are good people. Even if all current religions went poof tomorrow, more would still crop up to clog the universe.

Religion may never die out completely due to the individual liberties we should all be guaranteed, preventing anyone from being forced to believe or disbelieve any given position, but it will inevitably diminish into a minority position as our collective understanding of the natural world increases, the gaps that God occupies will continue to vanish and the correlation between education and lack of religious belief will continue to grow.
people believe that if god doesn't exist then why should a person bothers to be a good one. Why can't they understand that morality is inborn. A person dont need an old book to tell him what is good or bad for him or who should he love and respect.
(December 26, 2009 at 12:42 am)theVOID Wrote:
(December 26, 2009 at 12:32 am)Rhage Wrote: In short, no, religion will never end. People need it to believe they are good people. Even if all current religions went poof tomorrow, more would still crop up to clog the universe.

Religion may never die out completely due to the individual liberties we should all be guaranteed, preventing anyone from being forced to believe or disbelieve any given position, but it will inevitably diminish into a minority position as our collective understanding of the natural world increases, the gaps that God occupies will continue to vanish and the correlation between education and lack of religious belief will continue to grow.

I agree that we should all be granted our individual liberties, hell,I exercise them daily. One of the liberties I exercise is the freedom of (from) religion. I value it.

Yes, religions will diminish, but never really cease to exist. Believe what you will, just don't tell me how to live or think and we'll get along famously.
Nothing is your own except the few cubic centimeters inside your skull. - George Orwell
I think that religion wont go away since it seems to be a big part of what humanity is.

(December 25, 2009 at 11:32 pm)theVOID Wrote: There will continue to be fallacious arguments for the existence of God, such as the Argument from fine-tuning, the idea that the universe was tuned for life - a ridiculous proposition considering that the major spatial component of the universe are Voids - massive empty regions of space... Yeah because incomprehensibly vast regions of emptiness are exactly what life needs...

That doesn't remove the fact that if this is the only universe it is so much more likely that there would be no life than life.

Quote:The religious are unanimously lacking a sense of context. The idea that the universe was made for life is beyond insane, for what scenario would require 400 billion stars per galaxy and hundreds of billions of galaxies to sustain life on a minuscule portion of the universe orbiting around a particularly average star in a comparatively tiny galaxy?

When did size equal value? You seem to be saying that the universe would only be worth it if there was a higher percent of life compared to non-life. Why does size matter, would you rather be a star than a person? The the universe could have been made smaller and younger compared to us why would that be better; isn't the universe much more amazing when it is how it is?

Quote:Their other key fault is their vast misrepresentation of the Big Bang, even by the most renowned Christian apologists like William Lane Craig - he continually makes the assertion that the Big Bang theory states that something came from nothing - which he knows full well is not a position held by a single cosmologist on earth, in fact many would argue that 'nothing' is logically impossible. He also continually argues that it is impossible for infinite regress to have a place in reality, because it relies on the concept of infinity which he asserts as a certainty does not exist in reality, yet he then declares that since God is 'out of time' that he is infinite... It's a completely fallacious argument based special pleading and downright insanity - The singularity in every single big-bang cosmology is 'out of time' by definition, seeing as it gave rise to time as a dimension.

Doesn't he argue that since infinite regress is impossible that there must have been one first cause to everything. So I don't remember whether what you have said about his understanding of the big bang is true or not, but reguardless of that the infinite regress arguement works anyway.

Does he claim that God is timeless and spaceless, not infinite? Even if he doesn't then take it as an improvement to say God is timeless not everlasting (infinite). In my view God hasn't been around a long time, but is outside of time.
Mark Taylor: "Religious conflict will be less a matter of struggles between belief and unbelief than of clashes between believers who make room for doubt and those who do not."

Einstein: “The most unintelligible thing about nature is that it is intelligible”

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What does Sam Harris mean by saying that religions are failed sciences? FlatAssembler 18 1039 January 23, 2024 at 1:32 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Does your atheism come as a package? FrustratedFool 75 5189 October 7, 2023 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Abiogenesis ("Chemical Evolution"): Did Life come from Non-Life by Pure Chance. Nishant Xavier 55 2983 August 6, 2023 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Family is always asking me to come to religious celebrations Tomatoshadow2 25 1813 April 11, 2023 at 6:24 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Humanist marriages 'least likely to end in divorce' Duty 20 3433 March 11, 2019 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  List of religious end times/Second coming of Jesus predictions purplepurpose 13 4166 November 22, 2018 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  How would Abrahamic religions end? mota 18 8679 August 2, 2018 at 6:56 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  These People Truly Have No Limits athstmike 18 3216 June 13, 2018 at 3:22 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Does atheism oppose the world religions? cosmology 31 6201 January 4, 2018 at 10:52 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  These Fucks Should Be Locked Up Minimalist 7 2367 September 11, 2017 at 8:58 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus