Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Put your recepies here!
Put your recepies here!
All right. This one is a little complicated. It is Swedish Kåldomar, which belongs in the higher school of North European cooking.

It can roughly be described as a Swedish cabbage roll. That is to say -- a cabbage leaf filled with minced meat of some sort.
The Swedish cabbage roll originated in Turkey. In Turkey, it was a wine leaf stuffed with meat. One of our great kings took a liking to it, but he could not get any wine leafs back home in Sweden.
So he chose cabbage. That's how the Kåldolme came to be.
It is interesting to note that 'Dolme' is still the name of a dish in Turkey.

So how do you make them?

Well, you have to begin with a head of cabbage. You poach it for a couple of minutes. Yes that's right -- just poach the whole thing. Then you carefully peel off the individual leaves, one after the other.
The purpose of boiling the cabbage is to make the leaves soft enough to make the actual rolls.

Then, you have to make the filling.
Some like to use just minced veal meat in them. I like Swedish 'blandfärs' better. It consists of roughly 70% beef, and 30% pork, ground.
Wether you like blandfärs or ground veal, here is how you do it:

500 grams of ground meat of your choosing
1 small onion, reduced and browned
1 tablespoon of breadcrumbs
2 eggs
2 deciliters of boiled rice
One half tablespoon of ground allspice
salt to taste
White pepper to taste

Now let this rest for ten minutes or so.

Put a cabbage leaf down and then some filling on top. Wrap the leaf around the filling.
This could be done like how a chinese spring roll is made. Fold the bottom part up, then the sides, then roll it.
Put the rolls in a vessel that is suitable for oven-cooking.
Some like to add some syrup on top before cooking them in the oven. I dislike this, since it adds too many carbs. To each his own, I guess.
Cook the rolls at 180 degrees celsius for at least 30 minutes.

When they are done, you must not throw the broth from the Kåldolmar away. It can and must be used to make a delicious sauce.

RE: Put your recepies here!
The only recipe I need:

Let someone else do the cooking.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Put your recepies here!
Im portuguese, it's called "Bolo de bolacha"
Bolo means CAKE!
bolacha means COOKIE! (... perhaps BISCUIT.... you'll see.)
So, it has to be good!

There is more than one version of this cake, but I abhor any different from this one.
This is what it's supposed to look like:
[Image: 175988bcf057303a0ea9ddf6e5df99cf4803e_bolo_bolacha.jpg]

Ingredients:
- Coffee (whatever blend you prefer), 2 or 3 cups (depends on your cup size! Tongue)
- COOKIES! not any cookies. Around here, they're called "bolacha maria", in Spain, they're Galleta Maria, in the UK, I found something very similar called Rich Tea Biscuit, all of these are round.

In Germany, the best I could find was Leibniz Butter Biscuits, rectangular, but the flavor is similar.

- Whipped Cream... I usually go for the canned version, but if you want to make your own, it only adds to the quality! Smile

How to:
- Prepare a large tray where to lay down the cake. Just keep it handy, it's good to put a layer of some non-stick substance in there... I use the cream for that! Tongue
- Pour hot coffee on a soup plate. Something like this below, but with coffee instead of soup:

- Place one of the biscuits on a fork and dip it in the coffee, so that the biscuit is floating. Leave like that for one or 2 seconds. It is important that the biscuit doesn't get soaked and soft. It must remain hard. Lift the fork to remove the biscuit from the coffee, turn it around with your hand and dip it again. Both sides of the biscuit must the covered in coffee. Put the biscuit on the tray.
- Repeat until you have a layer of biscuits on the tray.
- Spread some cream over them all, make it nice and uniform.
- Add another layer of biscuits
- And another layer of cream
- And so on and so forth until you have some 7 or 8 layers of biscuits.
- Finish off with lots of cream, cover all the crevices and holes with cream.

- Add sprinkles to your liking... it's usually easier to just sprinkle with the crumbles of the biscuits that get broken during confection.

That's it! Usually, it takes some 20 minutes, not counting with coffee making.
No baking required.
Serve as soon as it's done, as the cream will sag within a few hours.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recipe: Not Sure Where to Put This ABQ505 2 291 December 10, 2021 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: ABQ505
  COKE HERE, GET YOUR COKE HERE.... Brian37 7 981 March 3, 2019 at 8:16 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Emergency food help. What do you put on a BLT? Gawdzilla Sama 36 2153 July 21, 2018 at 11:31 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Depressed? write your stuff here WinterHold 14 1149 July 9, 2018 at 6:57 am
Last Post: Brian37
  How do you people with long hair put it up? Foxaèr 32 6186 April 21, 2018 at 7:58 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Why do we put up with this? Drug/adds OP ED Brian37 19 2261 April 21, 2017 at 4:16 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  What Sound Does Yellow Make? :-D Post Your Favorite Discword Trope Here! God of Mr. Hanky 7 1923 December 25, 2015 at 12:12 am
Last Post: God of Mr. Hanky
  I Was Going To Put This In Fucking Cops but It Deserves Its Own Thread Minimalist 3 1471 August 14, 2015 at 6:28 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Put on a happy face, atheist vs atheist vs theist. Brian37 0 746 March 23, 2015 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Barista put the wrong toppings on my chestnut praline latte chrissy244 19 4263 November 21, 2014 at 5:49 pm
Last Post: c172