Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theist arguments
Theist arguments
What is the worst, most annoying theist argument commonly used?

For me it would be either 1 - God exists because the bible/other holy book says so or 2 - God exists because the majority of the population worldwide think so 3 - I know God's real because he talks to me and answers my prayers (I don't even know it this can be considered an argument)
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

RE: Theist arguments
How can you be moral without god?

God is good. It says so in the bible. We know we can trust the bible, because god is good.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

The one that has always struck me as the most brain-meltingly stupid argument for God is:

'If God didn't exist, then there would be no martyrs...people don't die for something that isn't real.'

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
God must exist otherwise you would have nothing to not believe in.
Prove that god doesn't exist.

To which I respond.

Prove Allah doesn't exist.
Prove Yahweh doesn't exist.
Prove Vishnu doesn't exist.
Prove Apollo doesn't exist.

And trying to retrofit science to a holy book. I have ran into people of several religions who stupidly try to match science up to prop up their invisible sky hero thinking they are the only ones who have thought of it.
We haven't opened our hearts to him!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
"You just don't understand" It's essentially them having no good points to make so they shift the blame to you before they have to actually evaluate their own thoughts.
I wouldn't say it's very common, but it's a bit annoying... this one is from our creationist "friends" on this forum: god created the order of the universe, the laws that govern how every sub-atomic particle works... and he's made it so that all equal particles behave the same everywhere. Without god, you'd just have chaos, no two particles alike. Instead, you have electrons, lots and lots and lots of them.

Then there's the cherry on top: in the past, the laws of physics were different, so everything moved much faster, giving us, now, the impression of a very old Universe. God causes that change in the laws of physics.... just to mess with us, or test us, so they would say.
Wow, that makes perfect sense! Nurse? NURSE!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(June 30, 2014 at 8:10 pm)ignoramus Wrote: Wow, that males perfect sense! Nurse? NURSE!

An even worse argument 'If god doesn't exist why where you born and why do you exist?'
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is a theist other then the basic definition? Quill01 4 714 August 1, 2022 at 11:16 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Theist with Questions RBP3280 57 2615 April 1, 2022 at 6:14 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  10 Syllogistic arguments for Gods existence Otangelo 84 10785 January 14, 2020 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Dating / Married To Theist wolf39us 23 2799 April 8, 2019 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  You're a theist against immigration? Foxaèr 54 9147 July 9, 2018 at 12:09 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  A serious question for the theist. Foxaèr 18 2995 May 9, 2018 at 3:11 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Stupid theist tricks........ Brian37 6 1866 April 29, 2018 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  How do religious people react to their own arguments? Vast Vision 60 16397 July 9, 2017 at 2:16 am
Last Post: Astonished
  If there are no gods, doesn't making one's self a god make one a theist? Foxaèr 13 3613 May 26, 2017 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  Atheists, what are the most convincing theist arguments you heard of? SuperSentient 169 22183 April 1, 2017 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic