Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I wrote my first book about atheism!
I wrote my first book about atheism!
I'm a new author and just wrote a short fictional book that I would love to be a win for the atheist community. It is a free book for the next few days so download it if you'd like. I'd love to hear opinions on it good or bad but I thought it may be something someone on here may enjoy.

Here's the link if you are interested: [Snip!]
Thanks for the time everyone.
RE: I wrote my first book about atheism!
Congratulations on your book, I'll check it out.
Chapter 1.

There is no evidence for any gods.

The End
Chapter 2
Why man had to create him.
The end.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
It has been my experience that when a new author asks my opinion 'good or bad' on something they've written, they don't really.

New author: Well, what did you think?

Me: I thought the characters were weak, their motivations hackneyed, the dialogue simplistic, the plot familiar, and grammar atrocious.

New author: Yeah, well fuck you.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Chapter 3 - Wishful thinking
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

(July 5, 2014 at 4:59 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: It has been my experience that when a new author asks my opinion 'good or bad' on something they've written, they don't really.

New author: Well, what did you think?

Me: I thought the characters were weak, their motivations hackneyed, the dialogue simplistic, the plot familiar, and grammar atrocious.

New author: Yeah, well fuck you.

Boru
ROFLOL

-which is why I try to write a book - every year - that I refuse to allow anyone else to read. Those fuckers can think up their own bedtime stories and tear them to shreds.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Welcome. Too bad it took writing a book to get you to visit us, but I hope you will become a valued member.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
I wrote my first novel recently dealing with similar content and would've liked to compare this book with mine... billyinlights can you PM me the link?
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
(July 5, 2014 at 11:53 am)Mister Agenda Wrote: Welcome. Too bad it took writing a book to get you to visit us, but I hope you will become a valued member.

Somehow, I don't think that's in his plans.

Quote:Total Posts: 1 (0.49 posts per day | 0 percent of total posts)
(Find All Threads — Find All Posts — Find All Posts With Kudos)
Time Spent Online: 11 Minutes, 19 Seconds

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Top Book Recommendations FrustratedFool 17 1045 August 15, 2023 at 11:11 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Andy Weir's new book due out May 4th. Gawdzilla Sama 2 264 December 24, 2020 at 10:47 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Book banning Spongebob 39 3201 December 21, 2020 at 10:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Sci-fi/fantasy author criticizes book store for stocking dead guys Foxaèr 9 1120 April 20, 2019 at 8:18 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  I Tell You Once More, ELO wrote this....... Brian37 9 1641 December 23, 2018 at 10:51 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Favorite Book From Childhood T0 Th3 M4X 16 2023 December 23, 2018 at 8:06 pm
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
  2 years back, I wrote this poem. Mystic 5 625 November 13, 2018 at 7:36 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Gay bunny book outsells Pence family's bunny book Foxaèr 1 387 March 20, 2018 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Terry Goodkind's 'Sword of Truth' book series Foxaèr 17 2026 February 21, 2018 at 11:42 am
Last Post: mlmooney89
  First Children's Book to Teach the Big Bang to preschoolers GeorgiasTelescope 15 3677 June 24, 2017 at 7:54 pm
Last Post: vorlon13