Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Tell You Once More, ELO wrote this.......
I Tell You Once More, ELO wrote this.......
Don't Bring Me Down Under.......... Ok do, because I love this song too, and it was written by ELO, AND popularized by this Aussie gal.

The same guy who wrote this.....

RE: I Tell You Once More, ELO wrote this.......
Just don't get physical, okay?
That first clip doesn't work for me.
Maybe I should try a little longer, longer, longer.

(December 23, 2018 at 6:37 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Just don't get physical, okay?

(December 23, 2018 at 7:02 pm)Little lunch Wrote: That first clip doesn't work for me.
Maybe I should try a little longer, longer, longer.

The first clip is Olivia Newton John's remake of the ELO song Xanadu

A little tidbit about ELO's "Don't Bring Me Down" lyrics, according to the following website they actually said "Groos" not "Bruce"....  And on top of that the song is not about a guy or girl, but dedicated to a SPACE LAB, that crashed in the Indian Ocean west of Australia in 1979.

https://songmeanings.com/songs/view/124709/
Yeah, Jeff Lynne did write "Xanadu." That said, it is generally assumed that "Don't Bring Me Down" was the beginning of the end for ELO. By that point, they didn't even have an orchestra with them (granted the orchestral part was just a violin, two celli, and whatever session musicians Jeff Lynne wanted to hire, but after Discovery, they didn't even bother with that.) Okay, "Don't Bring Me Down" was a good enough song, but it was more or less all downhill for the band from there.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(December 23, 2018 at 9:28 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: Yeah, Jeff Lynne did write "Xanadu." That said, it is generally assumed that "Don't Bring Me Down" was the beginning of the end for ELO. By that point, they didn't even have an orchestra with them (granted the orchestral part was just a violin, two celli, and whatever session musicians Jeff Lynne wanted to hire, but after Discovery, they didn't even bother with that.) Okay, "Don't Bring Me Down" was a good enough song, but it was more or less all downhill for the band from there.

ELO is still around. I just saw them on Showtime.

https://www.sho.com/titles/3457438/jeff-...ey-or-bust
True, but they're pretty much past their prime. Their material from Discovery on is a step down from their earlier work, and that was my point. And no, I do not consider a live album new material.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(December 23, 2018 at 9:37 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: True, but they're pretty much past their prime. Their material from Discovery on is a step down from their earlier work, and that was my point.

Every band doesn't last forever. ABBA didn't either, but that far out both are still being listened to.

According to that website link, they filled Whembley Stadium 80,000.
This is like a race to the bottom for bad music.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 23, 2018 at 10:30 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: This is like a race to the bottom for bad music.

Boru

A plunge into the abyss.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's Mads, Mads I tell you! But for the greater good. Gawdzilla Sama 10 449 November 28, 2020 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Tell me who "L-56" is... Brian37 68 4021 March 11, 2020 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  2 years back, I wrote this poem. Mystic 5 590 November 13, 2018 at 7:36 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Wrote a short story, let me know what you think. Foxaèr 3 1327 April 25, 2015 at 8:47 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  I wrote a poem Fendon 3 1020 February 7, 2015 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  My X-mas Song i Wrote psychoslice 6 1403 December 16, 2014 at 3:03 am
Last Post: psychoslice
  A Chronicle of the Sun (poems I wrote) Ryantology 4 1377 July 8, 2014 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: Ryantology
  I wrote my first book about atheism! williamlanded 9 1792 July 7, 2014 at 1:55 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  My Songs I wrote psychoslice 5 1676 March 24, 2014 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: psychoslice
  Tell us what instrument(s) and gear you have! FallentoReason 26 6280 March 31, 2012 at 6:32 am
Last Post: Tempus